09 Pontiac G5, 100k km's, stutters and tries to stall when warm - Maintenance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
09 Pontiac G5, 100k km's, stutters and tries to stall when warm
Sunday, April 26, 2020 1:25 PM
Hello to the forum, I'm new here and am a bit of a rookie mechanic. I'm a delivery driver trying to keep my car on the road so I can keep working.

My car is a 2009 Pontiac G5 with the 2.2 ecotec, naturally aspirated, 5 spd with 104k km's on the it. It runs flawlessly up until this new glitch, New spark plugs, air and fuel filter since I bought it. I did notice it was starting to get slightly worse gas mileage before it started messing up. The first time it happened I was at a rolling start slowly accelerating when all of a sudden it started stuttering really bad and tried to stall, I pushed the clutch in and dropped it down a gear and it seemed to sort itself out (no codes popped up yet) then about 20 mins it did it again so I parked it, I tried unplugging the battery to let it reset and tried to drive it again the next night, again as soon as it got warm it started doing it again and finally threw up the engine light. (I did not have a code reader at the time)

At first I thought fuel pump, but fuel pressure is at 60psi while running and holds a solid 50psi for sometime after the engine is turned off (so I'm assuming it is good) I bought a code reader yesterday and it gave a EVA and o2s symbol with codes P0336 crankshaft sensor, and P0102-001, P0113-00.

from my research I'm seeing that o2 sensors should be changed around 100k km's and a couple online friends said they should be my issue... But I can't afford to be wrong and waste money right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks a bunch

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search