What's it gonna take? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's it gonna take?
Sunday, January 16, 2005 6:19 PM
I really wnna run low 14s or high 13s this upcoming season and this is what I have on the car so far....WR intake,WR header,Muffler,RSM lower mount, coil-overs, 62mm tb, RSM underdive pulley, and performance tires. What else, do you guys think it will take to get a time slip like that? Thanx for the advice and input!!

It's a 04 cav-5 speed btw.....

Re: What's it gonna take?
Sunday, January 16, 2005 11:51 PM
Kevin Smith wrote:I really wnna run low 14s or high 13s this upcoming season and this is what I have on the car so far....WR intake,WR header,Muffler,RSM lower mount, coil-overs, 62mm tb, RSM underdive pulley, and performance tires. What else, do you guys think it will take to get a time slip like that? Thanx for the advice and input!!

Uhh..Nitrous
Thursday, January 20, 2005 2:23 AM
it is for an all motor car though
Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:44 AM
20:1 compression
Friday, January 21, 2005 12:41 AM
Kevin Smith wrote:I really wnna run low 14s or high 13s this upcoming season and this is what I have on the car so far....WR intake,WR header,Muffler,RSM lower mount, coil-overs, 62mm tb, RSM underdive pulley, and performance tires. What else, do you guys think it will take to get a time slip like that? Thanx for the advice and input!!

when u went to the track did u have those mods listed in your registry <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Friday, January 21, 2005 11:33 PM
Take as much weight as you can out of your car and practice your driving. Your 60' times are pretty high. That means probally spinning to much on your launch. Maybe get a spare set of 15's with drag radials. If you get your 60' down to 2.1xx you could be running low 15's
Saturday, January 22, 2005 8:23 PM
With the timeslips posted in the profile I only had an air filter on the resonation box and a muffler.
Sunday, January 23, 2005 11:39 AM
Tom V wrote:Take as much weight as you can out of your car and practice your driving. Your 60' times are pretty high. That means probally spinning to much on your launch. Maybe get a spare set of 15's with drag radials. If you get your 60' down to 2.1xx you could be running low 15's

do what tom said cause practice makes perfect <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:07 AM
if you ran a mid 15 with just a cone on the stock box and now you have all those other mods done...you should be in the 14's maybe not lows but you'll definatly be in the 14's..
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:11 PM
I run high 14's with just a cone filter attached to my stock intake tube with a 2.25" cat-back exhaust. I have really good 60' times though. Usually 2.1xx or 2.0xx. I think that with these cars, it's mostly the driver that determines what you'll run. Hell that's with all cars...

I should get more time slips this weekend from the 1/4 mile track, so I'll post them when I get them.

Peace
Monday, May 02, 2005 11:04 PM
Sasuke wrote:I run high 14's with just a cone filter attached to my stock intake tube with a 2.25" cat-back exhaust. I have really good 60' times though. Usually 2.1xx or 2.0xx. I think that with these cars, it's mostly the driver that determines what you'll run. Hell that's with all cars...

I should get more time slips this weekend from the 1/4 mile track, so I'll post them when I get them.

Peace

Wow uh id have to see that to believe it but if you say so im not gonna say your a liar. Maybe your a really really really good driver. I have a wai and 2.25" exhaust and i cant run 14's but if its true props to your driving skills man. Driver does matter though friend goes to the track with his ss supercharged. Runs a 13.3. Another friend of his gets in it and runs 12.90's consistently.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search