who would win - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
who would win
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 7:22 PM
this is just a general racing question with some opinions. a 2003 SRT-4 with 20k miles, cold air induction pushing 14lbs of boost VS a 2006 mustang GT stock. any ideas on who would win??? I am saying the SRT-4 would win, but that is just my opinion. i dont know much about either car.

Re: who would win
Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:14 PM
i think at that point it's up to the driver. I believe both cars are about equal, correct me if i wrong

"We ride together. We die together. Bad boys for life."
Thursday, December 15, 2005 7:01 PM
if both drivers are equal i would give it to the stang. i believe they are 13 sec cars if it is manual
Friday, December 16, 2005 7:22 PM
srt4 easily.

im guessing you mean he hold 14psi, which means spiking 16-18

Vs a bone stock 06 GT.

if the srt driver can hang, thats where my money is.
Saturday, December 17, 2005 5:16 PM
k its the stang, hate to break the hearts of you srt lovers

Stock factory 0-60 and 1/4 mile times
Saturday, December 17, 2005 8:25 PM
srt4 isnt stock.

spiking 16-18 and an intake. i dont car what your link says... with a proper driver, its a low 13 second car.

and you missed this part

Quote:

This list is only meant to be a guideline, NOT THE GOSPEL!!!

Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:14 AM
well, just to clear some things up, it is my SRT-4 i just got. it isnt stock. i dont know much about it yet, but it does spike at around 17-18 then drops off to about 14-15. I think it may have some other upgrades, but not sure. i think he said something about a wastegate acuator or somethiing like that, and the injectors are the stage 1's. anyways, i tested our little theory. my friend has an 06 mustang GT. Now, this one is a convertible, so its a little heavier. but... from a stop he was pulling ahead of me by about half a car length until i hit third gear. once i hit third it was over for him (wheel hop is a mother!!!). we went up to about 85-90. we are scared of cops and the speed limit here is 75. after that we did a few rolling starts. one from 20-25-30-and 40. spanked him worse and worse as the starting speed raies. again that wheel hop was killing me. And just for @!#$s and giggles, I own a 03 cavy ecotec. i had my wife drive and race me (yes she knows how to drive). haha it was no contest.
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:39 PM
once you learn to launch that thing, you should be pulling by him in or at the top of second with S1/WGA/intake. good runs man.

sucks that we dont have too many racers here. i thought it was fairly obvious.

so much for the broken hearts, huh 'blown ecotec'?

...lol
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:48 PM
lol ok my mistake

again thanks for the smartass comments you prick
Sunday, December 18, 2005 9:50 PM
youre welcome

<3
Monday, December 19, 2005 5:55 AM
by the way, do any of you guys know much about these SRT-4's? Im trying to think of the upgrades that do the most good for me. I posted this in the off topic section, but want to ask yall. I already am doing the injectors and fuel pump and bigger intercooler. any other cheap suggestions that im overlooking? my goal here, and it is a goal... is to beat a stang SVT or an EVO. yes it will be at the track, so i will have some mickey thompsons on some 15 inch rims to launch with the evo, damn AWD... anywho, any ideas? i dont wanna run nos. i hate nos, dont know much about it and i hear turbos hate it too. someone said something about shaving my head?? i dont know about that. never heard about it. again, dont flame me, i am new to the tuning scene. haha.

Monday, December 19, 2005 6:46 AM
david wilson: hey buddy check out www.howellautomotive.com,they specialize in neon preformance,and they might have a forum for your questions,hope this helps you man

if at first you don't succeed,you should probably give up
Monday, December 19, 2005 7:58 PM
also check out srtforums.com EVERYTHING you want to know is there.

shaving the head isnt all that great ona turbo car, when you can just turn up the boost. a 1psi increase would probably about reflect the same gain that youd get from a milled head.

and no, turbos love nitrous. spray after the turbo on the intake side, a small shot is all it takes and itll help spool dramatically. quite a few i know of running this.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search