What's it gonna take? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What's it gonna take?
Sunday, January 16, 2005 6:19 PM
I really wnna run low 14s or high 13s this upcoming season and this is what I have on the car so far....WR intake,WR header,Muffler,RSM lower mount, coil-overs, 62mm tb, RSM underdive pulley, and performance tires. What else, do you guys think it will take to get a time slip like that? Thanx for the advice and input!!

It's a 04 cav-5 speed btw.....

Re: What's it gonna take?
Sunday, January 16, 2005 10:45 PM
Boost or naaawwwssss.
Saturday, May 14, 2005 1:38 PM
Stage 2 hahn race craft turbo kit . and a few bolt ons and you will get it no problem. I did and 12.70 now , and two engines later LOL
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:40 AM
Bryan, you are so full of $hit, 12.70 riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and I am suppose to believe that without a slip, now next thing tell me your but dyno made it seem like a 12. lol

You are a joke.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:03 AM
SunCavi_L61T3/T04E wrote:Bryan, you are so full of $hit, 12.70 riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, and I am suppose to believe that without a slip, now next thing tell me your but dyno made it seem like a 12. lol

You are a joke.

How do you know? Maby he did!

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 5:52 AM
With your bolts ons, tires, and at least a 50 shot, I think you could pick up your desired time slip.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005 4:49 PM
what all have you beat?
Saturday, August 20, 2005 9:35 AM
Actually Hahne (i think thats how you spell it) Motorcraft said that with their Stage 2 turbo kit and no other additions to a Cavalier they ran it in 12 seconds. Now they probably boosted the psi some.
Sunday, August 21, 2005 5:41 PM
i read that they did the pistons and rods and are in the 11's
Sunday, November 27, 2005 7:23 PM
What else have you done with the suspension. I'd recommend urethane engine mounts and transmission mounts to help get your power to the ground, along with front control arm bushings for more positive road feel. Have you considered front strut tower braces? Sway bars installed? Certainly couldn't hurt.
I'd install an Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator for an LT-1. It bolts right onto the stock fuel rail. Upping the fuel pressure before a run could lower your E.T. Then you could always dial it back down after the run. I'm running 60 PSI on my car at WOT. Stock fuel pressure is 45 PSI. GM service manual says the stock fuel system is limited to 70 PSI. You might try porting/polishing the cylinder head for more airflow since you've already installed a larger throttle body. Did you can the Catalytic converter or did you change out the stock CAT for a high flow unit? You'll have no problem getting lower E.T.'s. How about a weight reduction in regards to eliminating interior pieces you don't need.
Friday, April 14, 2006 4:37 AM
I have done both the engine mounts and both the tranny mounts, I still have the cat covertor on the exhaust but with a free flow muffler and header. I have the 62mm throttle body and air induction. My plan is to turbo it. I bought a T3 turbo with and ar48 exhaust housing and a 60 ar combustion housing. I have an intercooler ordered along with other turbo parts of course. I want to run 8psi of boost. What will I have to the fuel system? Fuel injectors? FMU? just woundering. with that turbo set up, Can I get into the low 13's or high 12's, What do you guys think?

Friday, April 21, 2006 12:39 AM
You're not going to reach this mark with bolt ons, it's just not going to happen. You're going to have to do something dramatic like boost or nitrous injection.

If you need more in depth help, we can help you out on our forum (check sig).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search