racing - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
racing
Friday, August 19, 2005 11:07 PM
can my 05 2.2 ecotec(DOHC) cavalier can beat a stock 1994 single overhead cam 1.6l and what dose ecotec stand for

Re: racing
Saturday, August 20, 2005 5:49 PM
yes ur 05 2.2 ecotec can walk off on a 1994 stock SOHC 1.6l cuz my 05 2.2 does all the time and as far as what ecotec means im not exactly sure but i do kno that it has somthing to do with being better for the economy somehow i think unless i was told wrong.

ALL MOTOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, January 31, 2006 4:15 AM
the ecotec means nothing means the mark of engine
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:23 AM
A 1994 1.6L civic comes with 115 hp stock and something like 85 pounds of torque!
It may be lighter than our cavis, I don't know. I race CIVICS all the time and never lost to one (except the newer SI)
Any civic from back then with header, intake, exhaust can not pull on an ECOTEC cavi with the same mods. We have more HP stock and way more torque! A 99 civic SI has 160 HP and 110 pounds of torque. Where as we have 150 pounds of torque. A good friend of mine had a 99 CIVIC SI with all bolt ons and so do I... I would pull on him from the beginning, mid speed he'd pull a little then my 4th I'd pull again. Hearing that V-TEC is scary at times lol. We have a good car/engine.. I always hear about how much torque my car has compared to all my other friend's imports

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search