manual trany - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
manual trany
Sunday, September 03, 2006 12:58 PM
does anybody know how much hp can the manual trany take, 'cuz i am planing to go turbo and i was wondering what should i do with my trany

I'd rather push a CHEVY than drive a Honda

Re: manual trany
Sunday, September 03, 2006 4:09 PM
I've heard 350, but not 100% sure
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:22 AM
great news Hahn Racecraft answer my e-mail and tol me that they ran 600HP on their sunfire

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:33 AM
I can agree with Hahn racecraft I have a stage 2 kit from them ran 13.4 @111 with 9psi the way the kit came I also have a strip model O3 stick and had traction problems spun 1st ,2nd, and 1st part of 3rd. with a 2.45 60' very bad. But that way factory tires and suspension so not really to bad I guess. I upgraded kit run 13psi changed suspension still spin pretty bad and get a 12.52 @ 116 . G-tech dyno said it is making 267 hp and 285 foot pounds to ground. But once again that is spining so I know it sould be higher. I would not worry about trans and clutch so much Mine is still factory but if you get a hahns kit the most I would run is 13 to 14. I tested to see now much a factory engine would take about 16psi for a few weeks and then blew rods and bottom end to pieces. But on a good note it would spin in 3rd gear and switch lanes by itself.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 3:58 PM
just busted my trany for the 2nd time
60000KM 2 busted trany
well not the trany but the differential
it's the satellite pins each time what should i do to stop breaking it
i eared about phantom grip LSD
what do you think about it

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:21 PM
Your transmission can handle plenty, probably more than you're going to lay down.

You should worry more about your clutch rather than your transmission itself.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, February 19, 2009 2:08 PM
Clutch will go way before a trans and hahns sunfire is an ecotec with an F23. not sure if z24 is the same but I doubt it. F23 is the best trans out there for an ecotec. comes factory. worry bout a clutch but if your just goin turbo and bolt ons then I wouldn't worry. Good luck.
Monday, October 31, 2011 10:56 AM
So the F23 trans is good up to near 600 hp? If the clutch needs to be replaced, does anyone know of a good clutch for 200-300 hp. My Cobalt currently makes ~180. I'm looking to upgrade it to 300 hp eventually and would rather only replace the clutch once. What clutch do any of you guys have?
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:33 PM
Ecosprout wrote:So the F23 trans is good up to near 600 hp? If the clutch needs to be replaced, does anyone know of a good clutch for 200-300 hp. My Cobalt currently makes ~180. I'm looking to upgrade it to 300 hp eventually and would rather only replace the clutch once. What clutch do any of you guys have?

My LNF 2.0L is pushing 512 HP and I just destroyed my race bearings. Someone said clutches will go before trans will but this is incorrect if you have a Stage 2-3 clutch, say a six puck. IF the trans puts out the torque, the power IS STILL transferred to the transmission and if you have OEM trans with too high torque than what is rated for your model, something will give, something will be destroyed. I promise you. Clutches and Flywheels don't mean a damn thing if your transmission is weak in a highly tuned car. Trust me, my car is in the shop, I'm ASE certified, I'm living proof.
Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:11 PM
The F23 has a better case than the POS F35 so we dont throw gears left and right.

Alot of J-body guys have had great luck with the F23. 500-600 whp cars, 11s-10s in the 1/4 mile, countless passes, and the only mod is a LSD.

Ecosprout wrote:SIf the clutch needs to be replaced, does anyone know of a good clutch for 200-300 hp.

Stock. I am at ~270whp in my cav and am still on the stock F23 and stock clutch. Both are holding up great with a few 1/4 mile passes, a bunch of autocrosses, and tons of spirited miles. If you know how to properly drive a standard then they'll last forever, but if you dont then you will be tossing a new one in every year.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search