03 cavalier vs 95 eclipse GS-T - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 cavalier vs 95 eclipse GS-T
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:32 PM
ok i am trying to find out what i have to do to win a race against a eclipse GS-T and i was wondering if anybody could help me and tell me what i need to do the eclipse is stock and my car is stock but what mods do i need to beat the eclipse

Re: 03 cavalier vs 95 eclipse GS-T
Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:31 PM
boost, spray or engine work.

i dont think even IHEP would help enough
both are stick, i presume. (and you have the 2.2?)
Monday, January 09, 2006 2:08 PM
no mine is an automatic and his is a stick and yes mine is the 2.2 ecotec
Monday, January 09, 2006 3:46 PM
Well seeing his is stick vs your auto there is another advantage to him.....I believe the GS-T has what 210hp......also is his a coupe or convertable? either way the eclipse is a heavier car especially the convertable... I would say if you can get aourn the 190-200hp mark you may be able to keep up, if your car was only stick then I probably wouldnt require as much

CAI
Header
Full exhaust
upper and lower mounts
and a set of cams may do it.......

or you could keep it simple and get a supercharger kit. and your done.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Friday, January 13, 2006 3:10 PM
I own a 95 GST and a 03 Cav.

Unless you have a supercharger and a turbo charger. You will lose. More then likely he will be modded. Which will mean he is higher then stock HP. I know on my GST. I had a big16. That turbo killed many cars.

Your only hope. He has a T25. A T25 and fwd do not max good with each other. Traction would be a bitch for him if thats the case.
Friday, January 13, 2006 8:46 PM
hes stock. he might have free mods.

the dsm is indeed a bit heavier, but being a 5 speed, hell still outshort you, which would have been your only hope to win with a lighter car.

seriously, just spray on him.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:15 PM
well is there any free mods to the 2.2 ecotec because there seems to be alot for the DSM and i havent seen any for the ecotec
Friday, February 10, 2006 4:59 PM
1st off u want to bet him ull have to do more than keep the car stock most likely boost or juice short throw and full exhust work
Saturday, February 11, 2006 3:59 AM
HAHN RACECRAFT turbo kit for 2.2 Ecotec: match his setup a taste of his own medicine.....Hahn's kit comes with a 16G turbo....(stock Mitsubishi/Dodge turbo) same turbo as the SRT-4...the Cavy is extremely lighter than the Eclipse........

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:21 AM
your better of changing your transmission and have a better chance without doing anything else. If u know how to double shift it would be better also
Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:14 PM
Anthony George wrote:HAHN RACECRAFT turbo kit for 2.2 Ecotec: match his setup a taste of his own medicine.....Hahn's kit comes with a 16G turbo....(stock Mitsubishi/Dodge turbo) same turbo as the SRT-4...the Cavy is extremely lighter than the Eclipse........

he said he has an automatic. the hahn racecraft kit whether u have the 20g or the 16g, requires the manual transmission with an upgraded clutch, because of the level of power put against the transmission, from the turbo. Hahn Racecraft, is currently trying to work with GM on developing a kit to work with GM's latest ecotec project... parts to upgrade the stock automatic tranny. HOPE FOR US

04' cavalier, 2.2eco

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:14 AM
Acer runs a Hahn kit with automatic tranny...just custom bended the charge pipes

set the example, never let the example set you.
Monday, July 09, 2007 6:50 PM
I dont see the problem... I have an 04 Cavi w/ an AT and all I have is a tune, full exhaust, k&n typhoon, and run 91 and ive beaten four different GS-Ts. This didnt make sense to me either guys. One of those I WALKED it to 125mph and he let off. On another occasion a convertible sprayed and barely pulled at all... Yeah I live in AZ and I know heat and boost dont mix but still this is sad. I dont see how yall have that much of a hard time pullin on a heavy 4G63 DSM. And yeah this is no BS, I beat cars i shouldnt all the time in my car. Check my myspace page, i have a little 'kill list' on the left @ www.myspace.com/bigjim407

-15.733 @ 86.893mph - Slowly Progressing 04 N/A 2.2L Cavalier
Monday, July 09, 2007 7:08 PM
You got a kill list with a 16 sec 1/4?

Monday, July 09, 2007 7:42 PM
yeah, believe or not. its quite impressive if ya ask me.

Friday, July 27, 2007 9:36 PM
my buddy got a 97 tsi (basically same as a gsx, as we all kno) but he is slightly modded, just upped boost on stock turbo to around 16 with a bout a 20 spike and everything that needed to be done to comply with that and fmic, and 3 inch turbo back straight pipe... along with the car bein completely stripped interior other than stock front two seats. but hes only runnin high 12s (awd tranny is eatin up too much of his power). i beat him before he stripped the car and front mount went on

15.70@89.89MPH 1/4Mile
Saturday, September 01, 2007 3:58 PM
Dom, you mean a TSI AWD? TSI's are FWD! I've owned DSM's left and right. I have a 97 GS-Turbo right now. My mechanic has an Automatic Cavilier. And I say you'll need atleast some sort of forced induction to even keep up with a Turbo DSM.

As far as your friend running only high 12's, you must know that it also depends on the driver. My last car was fully stock 420A (NT) motor, .57trim turbo, 50mm BOV, 38mm Wastegate and full 3" Straight Pipe back... and I ran a 12.5 while blowing a 2" hole in my lower IC Coupler during the last... 100-150ft... so I was rolling the rest of the way. And that was only on 12psi and full interior.

Lately on the Cavalier we just upgraded the exhaust pipes to 2.5" and added a Pep boys Cherry Bomb Turbo Muffler with a stock looking 3" Dump Tube. We noticed even on his slipping trashed Automatic transmission a massive increase in power. And he still can't even keep up with any of the turbo cars, let alone the Eclipse.

However I have lost to a SS Cobalt here and there, not many, but enough! So I think seriously boost is your only way to go!
Monday, September 03, 2007 5:33 AM
If you guys want to race, just race and tell us how much he beats you by. Now if you got cash on the line, I would spray a 50 shot and hope for the best.
Bout the quickest and easiest way you gonna have a chance without doing a tranny swap, turbo build, or full intake & exhaust work with MSD & HPT tuning. But nothing is a sure thing in the race world.

Saturday, September 22, 2007 7:42 AM
Agustine Machuca wrote: If u know how to double shift it would be better also

Since we have syncromesh you don't have to double clutch.

ECO Freak wrote:One of those I WALKED it to 125mph and he let off.

What the heck did you tune so the car actually went that high. I thought after like 110 there wasn't a fuel map.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:38 PM
What the heck did you tune so the car actually went that high. I thought after like 110 there wasn't a fuel map.

my 02 sunfire does 120 in fourth gear with a venom 400, full exhaust and forced induction hood with a k&n ram air. and i have raced a stock GS-T and i thought it was a RS so i didnt even launch it. I still started pulling on him at the top of second gear and then we came up on traffic.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 7:43 AM
i raced a geo the other day, smoked his 3 cylinder ass.
03 sunfire.

Monday, November 05, 2007 1:54 AM
yeah i now with my new tune can nail (maybe even faster but there was traffic comin up) 142mph (matched with my buddie in his '06 C6 Vette cuz my speedo only goes to 110. Yeah these cars dont like to slow down that well from that speed FYI). Thats fourth gear at 5,200rpms. (its an automatic) I need a tranny cooler cuz she overheats when i holf 4th gear like that for too long.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search