GM Awards Cobalt SS To Gravana for Twin-Charging - News Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GM Awards Cobalt SS To Gravana for Twin-Charging
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:15 AM on
Valencia, CA (PRWEB) March 23, 2005 -- In February 2005, General Motors awarded Gravana a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe for two primary reasons. First, Gravana is currently leading the industry in New Product Development for Cobalt Aftermarket. Second, the exposure and excitement created around Gravana's 2004 SEMA Cobalts has allowed consumers to gain ideas of what they themselves can build once they buy a Chevrolet Cobalt. Unlike 2004, in which GM delivered two Cobalts one month prior to the SEMA Show deadline, Gravana will have at least six months to build this Cobalt for the 2005 Las Vegas SEMA Show.

Re: GM Awards Cobalt SS To Gravana for Twin-Chargi
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 5:54 PM on
General Motors Awards Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe Project to Gravana – Aftermarket Enthusiasts Prepare for a Twin-Charged Cobalt SS Coupe

Valencia, CA (PRWEB) March 23, 2005 -- In February 2005, General Motors awarded Gravana a 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe for two primary reasons. First, Gravana is currently leading the industry in New Product Development for Cobalt Aftermarket. Second, the exposure and excitement created around Gravana’s 2004 SEMA Cobalts has allowed consumers to gain ideas of what they themselves can build once they buy a Chevrolet Cobalt. Unlike 2004, in which GM delivered two Cobalts one month prior to the SEMA Show deadline, Gravana will have at least six months to build this Cobalt for the 2005 Las Vegas SEMA Show.

For 2005, Gravana will build the ultimate “Twin-Charged” Cobalt SS Coupe. The stock Chevrolet Cobalt SS Coupe comes from the factory with an Intercooled Supercharger that produces 205HP. Gravana will add a Turbocharger ON TOP OF the factory Supercharger, to increase the power to approximately 300HP. In addition to building this monstrous power plant, Gravana will focus on expanding its line of products for the Cobalt, including a vented hood, Teske Design series body kit and several performance products for the standard SS Coupe. Gravana will again rely on the very best companies such as Recaro, Boston Acoustics, Motegi Racing and Goodyear for marketing partnerships on this project.

“We are truly honored to have been awarded this project so early in the season. As we learned from last year’s Gravana Project Cobalts, the excitement of these modified cars is helping to drive traffic to Chevrolet dealers. Given the great platform provided by Chevrolet, along with the early start on aftermarket products, the Cobalt has already become a desirable Tuner Car. Chevrolet has an aftermarket winner on their hands. We are just happy to be involved with such a great organization,” said Jim Lupold, President of Gravana. “We look forward to unveiling the Gravana Twin-Charged Cobalt SS Coupe at this year’s SEMA Show.”

Gravana’s product line-up for the Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe includes, but is not limited to, a 50-state legal Air Intake System, Header, Exhaust, Evo Style Hood, Teske-Design Body Kit, Coil-Over Suspension, Strut Bars, Carbon Fiber Door Sills and Engine Covers, and a variety of additional upgrades that compliment the car.

About Gravana
Gravana manufactures and sells aftermarket performance products and accessories for GM vehicles. Gravana strives to be the ultimate source for performance products and accessories for most late-model GM vehicles. While the idea started in 1998, Gravana, Inc. was founded in 2003 after several years of research and planning. Company founder Jim Lupold started his career working in the family auto repair business at age 13, building his first GM vehicle – a Pontiac Trans-Am – before he could even drive. After college and a successful career in motorsports, he cut his professional teeth with aftermarket companies Neuspeed, RK Sport, CarParts.com and Performance Products. While Gravana plans to build four (4) project vehicles for 2005, the Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe is the first to arrive.

For more information, please visit the Gravana website at www.gravanatuning.com, or contact us using the information below. Companies interested in a marketing partnership on the Gravana Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe, or any other Gravana project vehicle, should contact Gravana as soon as possible.

Gravana, Inc.
(661) 251-8881
EMAIL

# # # # # # # # #
Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:23 PM on
Congrats Jim and Matt! You know I'm down to help again with the SEMA cars.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 7:41 PM on
Congrats Jim and Teske wish I was there to see it!!!

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:33 AM on
holy crap congrats man, I cannot wait

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 11:08 AM on
WTF turbo AND super charged, this is going to be crazy !!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:34 AM on
only problem w/ twin charging i see is that
eventually the turbo will push more air than the s/c wants to let through
so my ideas was make it like a a/c compressor pulley
always spins the pulley but have an automatic cut of switch @ x rpms to stop turning the plower itself just thepulley to allow the turbo to flow more freely

just an idea

Friday, April 08, 2005 8:59 AM on
Congrats dude thats awesome wish i saw that!!!!
Friday, April 08, 2005 9:15 PM on
theL61 wrote:only problem w/ twin charging i see is that
eventually the turbo will push more air than the s/c wants to let through
so my ideas was make it like a a/c compressor pulley
always spins the pulley but have an automatic cut of switch @ x rpms to stop turning the plower itself just thepulley to allow the turbo to flow more freely

just an idea

Lancia did a rally car called the S4 delta that was twin charged (aka compound charged) and took a 1.8 litre engine and pushed 460+ hp out of it. And even if the blower cut its still going to be cause resistance. I forget whether i read this somewhere and legit or not, but its talked about having the blades adjustable so at the point when the blower isnt doing anything the blades either self adjust to take use of the air or possibly fully close so they are just cylinders..... I don't know .....

or maybe like a dual intake type set up? now im just rambling.

Monday, April 11, 2005 9:16 AM on
Congrats!!!

Monday, April 25, 2005 11:25 PM on
i know its been a little more than a week, but any update? lol. curious to see whats gonna happen. and is this gonna be 300whp? possible to get it on the 325-350whp range, and state only 320hp. lol just ideas.

Visit High Rev Motorsports for all your High Performance needs.

Visit RSM Racing for j-body superchargers, throttle bodies, and much more.

Visit Cobalt SS.Net and sign up to get the latest info on the cobalt and all other delta platform cars

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search