Mel Gibson - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Mel Gibson
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 3:15 PM on j-body.org
This whole situation is so retarded.

Ok, first of all, he gets pulled over for speeding. Then makes anti-Jewish comments, tries to escape, all kinds of stuff. Look it up if you haven't heard.

And he did all this with a blood alcohol level of .12%. That's like 3 beers, people. It takes just three beers for him to become a raving lunatic. Further, he says he's "fought alcoholism his whole life".

Ok fine, he's an experienced drinker.... so then 3 beers for him is like 1 Odouls for me, right? How's that any better?

Further, all of Hollywood is now out to get him. How does THAT make sense? Hollywood stars and directors do worse stuff all the time. Hell, they put worse stuff on TV all the time. Here's a timely headline from FARK.COM:

Mel Gibson might be ostricized by those in Hollywood for his actions. If he had just drugged and raped a 13-year old girl or married his ex's daughter like a normal director he'd be fine

They're refering to Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, btw

Further more, I just can't stand it when a well-known Christian does this kind of crap and make us all look bad. If you're going to get publicly religious and in everybody's face about it, then you better have your life together, AT THE VERY LEAST.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

---

Re: Mel Gibson
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:10 PM on j-body.org
Oh well. He can do whatever he wants, say whatever he wants, I couldnt give a @!#$ less.

As long as he still makes badass movies im a happy camper

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:35 PM on j-body.org
He's just another blow hard Hollywood star. I don't think it's any differant then any of the other stuff these people do. So he hates Jews. OK, he's an idiot. He got a DUI. OK, I know a lot of people who have gotten them, it happens. Not that it's ok, but he is human. So, he hit on a cop while he was drunk. I've done worse when I was drinking. I don't think this is front page news. Just cause he was Mad Max doesn't make him any differant then anyone else.

And, before anyone adds this, I know it's front page news because he's Mel Gibson. People hear his name and want to pay for the paper or turn on the news. I just don't personally think it should be given any more attention then if it happened to Jackalope. Ya' know what I'm saying?

He's going to go to the Betty Ford clinic for a few days or weeks and he will have some big emotional comeback and even probably write a book. Everyone will aplaud his bravery for being so open with it and for getting back in the movies. All the while he is doing the exact same thing he was doing before. It will happen. Mark my words.

*edited to add

P.S. - Terry, I was just using you as an example and know you wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:36 PM

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:47 PM on j-body.org
You'd pay more attention to it because Jackalope wouldn't have left it at the anti-semitic remarks, nah.... blacks, asians, east indians, russians, and polka music would have been slurred.

When I read about that this morning, I though Mel needs the WWCoW, he was REALLY acting like a drunk ass-hole. The drunk bit, I won't bother with because some people need alcohol to be remotely interesting... The ass-hole bit, he can get better by just apologising and taking whatever slap on the wrist the judge assigns him.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 7:19 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Further more, I just can't stand it when a well-known Christian does this kind of crap and make us all look bad. If you're going to get publicly religious and in everybody's face about it, then you better have your life together, AT THE VERY LEAST.

^^agree completely. A "hostile drunken paranoid anti-semi" isn't the label you want when you're in the public eye.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 8:19 PM on j-body.org
Anti-semite...

Anti-semi is what most of the greenpeace knicker-rosebuds are.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:13 AM on j-body.org
I agree with everyone else here, the media has blown it up... but what else did you expect??

I for one, thought the situation was @!#$ hilarious when I first heard it... he basically just acted out the entie South Park episode "The Passion of the Jew".

Seriously, you can't write this stuff.

"i promise we won't get drunk, and go out in boat in the dark, stand up in the boat and fire the gun into the air unless we have life jackets on."
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:58 AM on j-body.org
everyone is blowing this otu of proportion because hes been working on a new "epic"

and with the controversy the last one caused everyone is getting all antsi.

Apocalypto: Mysterious Fall of the Maya Empire

it sounds liek it is goign to be freakin insane movie. so i cant wait. and i dont care if he got drunk and acted stupid. all the stars do it, their lives are just too hard to deal with

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 10:02 AM on j-body.org
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:31 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:And he did all this with a blood alcohol level of .12%. That's like 3 beers, people. It takes just three beers for him to become a raving lunatic. Further, he says he's "fought alcoholism his whole life".

Actually to clarify: One beer/alcoholic beverage represents .015% so by that rationale three beers would only equate to .045% (half of the "legal limit"). You also have to figure in that your body, on average, will expel .015% hourly (or one beer per hour). His BAC of .12% represents slamming eight beers in forty five minutes to an hour...then hitting the road. Chances are that he had consumed far more in a longer period of time. There are many variables in this equation...but for conversation sake it'll do.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the crickets no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is a shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:35 PM on j-body.org
I went to a few sites to reinvestigate. I got 6 beers in an hour. Still not close enough to be a friggin lunatic.

---

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:43 PM on j-body.org
I spent 40 hours in a classroom to obtain a Class III operator status for the Datamaster; funny thing is that the instrument's operation is painfully simple. The thing is that 38 of those hours was spent on understanding the theory and physiological aspects of alcohols effects on the human body for courtroom testimony.

If you want to believe a website over an operator...ok.

J/K just pullin' your chain...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:46 PM on j-body.org
rofl

---

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:42 PM on j-body.org
if any of y'all listen to country the song celebrity by brad pasly comes to mind with this but yeah it was blown way out of porportion

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:42 PM on j-body.org
Fat guys, in general, hold their liquor better. Not because that the alcohol gets dispersed along a bigger body, as is commanly believed, but because the fat absorbs the alcohol before it gets to the brain. It's true. I'm a nurse.

Team GREEN

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 6:57 PM on j-body.org
^^^^ Is a nurse... named Gay Focker

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:13 PM on j-body.org
Sisyphus wrote:I spent 40 hours in a classroom to obtain a Class III operator status for the Datamaster; funny thing is that the instrument's operation is painfully simple. The thing is that 38 of those hours was spent on understanding the theory and physiological aspects of alcohols effects on the human body for courtroom testimony.

Were there any field trips to bars for this class? And what exactly was the homework?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:23 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Anti-semite...

Anti-semi is what most of the greenpeace knicker-rosebuds are.

oops, my bad. I guess I should brush up on my racial slurs...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:13 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Sisyphus wrote:I spent 40 hours in a classroom to obtain a Class III operator status for the Datamaster; funny thing is that the instrument's operation is painfully simple. The thing is that 38 of those hours was spent on understanding the theory and physiological aspects of alcohols effects on the human body for courtroom testimony.

Were there any field trips to bars for this class? And what exactly was the homework?

Actually we did do voluntary extra curricular activities involving bars AND stripclubs.......

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 9:37 PM on j-body.org
Sisyphus wrote: Actually we did do voluntary extra curricular activities involving bars AND stripclubs.......

I can think of about 20 things to post here about "strip clubs" and the "breathalyzer test"...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:18 AM on j-body.org
sounds like the jew run media is out to get him to me.

-Borsty

Thursday, August 03, 2006 8:27 AM on j-body.org
Borsty wrote:sounds like the jew run media is out to get him to me.

People just need to stop being anti-directites...

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:51 AM on j-body.org
i was joking

-Borsty
Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:56 PM on j-body.org
Mel Gibson is Insane.

"Turbochargers were for people who can't build engines"
- Keith Duckworth, Father of the Cosworth V8. Winningest motor in F1 history
Thursday, August 03, 2006 2:58 PM on j-body.org
Did you pull that off of the Conan O'Brian show? Or was it the Daily Show. I forgot.

Now that I think of it, it was the Daily Show.

Team GREEN

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search