10,000 year old Earth - Page 6 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 10,000 year old Earth
Friday, December 22, 2006 9:31 PM on j-body.org
Myles wrote:
If there was a god watching out for us, he'd do something about the mess humanity is in.

You point makes me think about playing sim city 4. I see slums, people in troubled crime areas, people beggin for heathcare, traffic jams, I don't take time to fix them. Maybe god doesn't feel it's worth his time to fix the minor things. Maybe we're just another one of his experiments. Is it so hard to imagine a greater being capable of creating life... Maybe he's not all knowing, all powerful in his world, but he created ours and can do as he pleases. I'd think about it like writing a program...

I don't really believe in a god, but then again, I don't know what to think, because when I get to thinkin about this stuff, my mind melts and I get scared because there's so many unanswered questions, and I don't know why SOMETHING exists instead of NOTHING...I honestly think it's impossible to answer, but I hope to god I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind knowing without a doubt why things are the way they are.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:53 PM on j-body.org
Whatever wrote:
Myles wrote:
If there was a god watching out for us, he'd do something about the mess humanity is in.

You point makes me think about playing sim city 4. I see slums, people in troubled crime areas, people beggin for heathcare, traffic jams, I don't take time to fix them. Maybe god doesn't feel it's worth his time to fix the minor things. Maybe we're just another one of his experiments. Is it so hard to imagine a greater being capable of creating life... Maybe he's not all knowing, all powerful in his world, but he created ours and can do as he pleases. I'd think about it like writing a program...

I don't really believe in a god, but then again, I don't know what to think, because when I get to thinkin about this stuff, my mind melts and I get scared because there's so many unanswered questions, and I don't know why SOMETHING exists instead of NOTHING...I honestly think it's impossible to answer, but I hope to god I'm wrong because I wouldn't mind knowing without a doubt why things are the way they are.

your comparing god to a video game...
god, unlike you, has all the time in the world, he must be able to multi-task billions of things at once, so yes he would have time to check on EVERY person. if he has the mind capability to make the universe and earth in 3 days with all its lifeforms, and all rocks, craters, planets and suns, well @!#$ he has time to listen to every person.

there is no real answer out there about "god". There are thousands and thousands of beliefs, but they are just that, beliefs. Wouldn't it be nice if we could prove it, for example jesus comes back (like he was supposed to a while ago, but still hasn't).

Religious people have no real opinions. They are TOLD how to live, what their beliefs will be by the Church. Why is it that they can't even accept the POSSIBILITY that evolution is real and may have happened. I accept the fact there may/may not be a god. ill find out when im dead. if there is a god he can forgive me but until then im living in todays world.

And for that person who actually thinks god isn't the reason for all the major wars, and deaths on this planet listen up. In the olden days all wars were about which god you believe in. "do you believe in god? no. *slits throat*. Do you believe in god? Yes. Do you believe in my god? No. *slits throat*". Even world war 2 was religious. Hitler invaded Poland to get his hands on the spear of destiny (your not taught this in history class now are you). That started world war 2. Israelis and Jews are still fighting over the holy land to this day. And have been forever. Now America stepped in to keep the control of the holy land to make sure the "terrorists" don't get it. Who are the terrorists? Whoever doesn't agree with America thats who. Sure there are real terrorists out there im not denying that at all.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Saturday, December 23, 2006 10:16 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Religious people have no real opinions. They are TOLD how to live, what their beliefs will be by the Church. Why is it that they can't even accept the POSSIBILITY that evolution is real and may have happened. I accept the fact there may/may not be a god. ill find out when im dead. if there is a god he can forgive me but until then im living in todays world.

That is misguided at best. Religious people have a set of boundries to operate within, much like secular law, you have freedom, within limits.

May do accept evolution, including the Pope.

If you have no faith in God, then do not expect forgiveness. It's not that simple.

Quote:

And for that person who actually thinks god isn't the reason for all the major wars, and deaths on this planet listen up. In the olden days all wars were about which god you believe in. "do you believe in god? no. *slits throat*. Do you believe in god? Yes. Do you believe in my god? No. *slits throat*". Even world war 2 was religious. Hitler invaded Poland to get his hands on the spear of destiny (your not taught this in history class now are you). That started world war 2. Israelis and Jews are still fighting over the holy land to this day. And have been forever. Now America stepped in to keep the control of the holy land to make sure the "terrorists" don't get it. Who are the terrorists? Whoever doesn't agree with America thats who. Sure there are real terrorists out there im not denying that at all.

After taking years of history classes and reading many, many books outside the classroom, I can assure you that you are just plain wrong about the cause of war. Sure religious arrogance comes into play, but 99% of war is caused in contest for resources. Period. Power, greed, and arrogance, those are the reasons behind any war you can name. You even said it yourself, the Arabs and the Jews are fighting over land, not beliefs. It's about the dirt, the oil, the water, pride, and now revenge. None of those are religious principles.

PAX
Sunday, December 24, 2006 3:02 AM on j-body.org
A few points:

1) Is evil the corruption of good? or is Good the corruption of Evil? Not only is how we call things based on our limited perspective, but since we cannot possibly fathom what God thinks BECAUSE of our limited perspective, we cannot even say how God woulod call things down the line.

Assuming of course, God exists.

2) How can you for certain say we're not a video game, and God really isn't some warped version fo Captain N the Game Master? If everything is possible (no matter how unlikey), especially to God, then it would seem to me that God could be playing us like a giant video game--or even more fetched, but possibly, that God is playing some type of RPG coupled with Satan playing a game of Dungeon Master against him. Plus, it could be said looking at how warped the world is around us that God may have the wickedest sense of humor that there is and is getting a kick out of Humanity on Autopilot, although i would have to wonder if even he's gagging at Brittney Spears' and Paris Hilton's continued popularity. I think even a diety with no taste would have smited them by now...or maybe Satan is a little more sadisdtic than the Catholics take him .

Anyhow...my $.02. Carry on.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search