More disgusting footage of our wonderful soldiers - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: More disgusting footage of our wonderful soldiers
Friday, January 19, 2007 10:48 AM on j-body.org
I don't know about that 10/90 mix... I figure:
10% hardcore evil pricks,
10% Assholes with nothing better to do,
60% "Nice" (If you've read "The Good, The Bad & The Nice" you know what I'm talking about)
10% People that want to help and don't mind getting their hands dirty doing it
10% Zealots that are hell bent on doing their patriotic duty and forfeiting their life blindly.

Same with most walks of life really.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:31 AM on j-body.org
oh and these are the ppl we are supposed to be "supporting" for not having a conscience in the first place fighting a meaningless war based on lies?

hope they @!#$ get blown up by a roadside bomb

yea i just said it, they are trash and no better than anyone else on this forum, and dont give me any of this fighting for my freedom bull@!#$, nothing they do there means a damn here, its a waste of taxpayer money

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 22, 2007 7:10 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:What's New: Cavaliers are like masterbation, its not really the real thing, its just practice for the big game

i don't think your ever going to make it to that big game...thats all i am going to say

Monday, January 22, 2007 8:35 AM on j-body.org
Rod: They're there on your dime.

Don't piss up the soldier's ropes, they're doing their jobs.
Piss up your elected officials' ropes, they're making the decisions.

Monday, January 22, 2007 5:54 PM on j-body.org
Um how bout last night T2, your pathetic attempts at trying to make points everytime i post is weaksauce

its obvious you want to be me or something

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:00 PM on j-body.org
I understand the stressful situations and the training and everything military people go through... and can understand how it can be hard to be civil 24/7.

However... doing things like that ESPECIALLY while in uniform representing the United States is NOT cool at all... and that kind of behaviour should not be tolerated by military personel.

Heck even when I was working at the 911 center, if we were caught doing ANYTHING even SLIGHTLY bad while in our "uniform" it was grounds for immediate termination... even stopping by a bar for ONE drink after work while wearing a York County 911 shirt... if you were caught you'd be fired on the spot. Same goes for even police officers and the like. Doing anything questionable while wearing uniform is a big big no no... and this should be as well. There should be some form of punishment for that type of behaviour... I'd never wish them dead, but there should be some punishment

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:15 PM on j-body.org
I was PMed asking for an explanation of myself. I won't give one, all I'll say is that I apologize for wording things wrong.

Monday, January 22, 2007 7:36 PM on j-body.org
You just explained your self.
Monday, January 22, 2007 8:46 PM on j-body.org
Sorry, throwing rocks at a crippled animal is cowardly. Fine, as much as I'd hate to do it, put it out of it's misery, at least that would be humane.

These guys, soldiers or not, are pathetic and I'd be ashamed to have them in my military. They could save a thousand lives, but right there you could see their true colours.

Oh, and they're stupid, too. Why would you video tape it? That's like video taping a crime spree, and I can just hear Jimbo Jones in the video here calling it, "The best idea ever!"

And I don't care what you say about them not being able to be "civil" all the time. Uh, yeah, they're supposed to be. They're trained to kill, and therefore are held to a higher standard than others.

Are they representative of all the soldiers? No. But they're not making the rest of them look good.

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:07 PM on j-body.org
Did you read the thread? No one is saying that what they did there is right or excusable. What we are saying is that you can not judge all soldiers or all Americans by the actions of those soldiers. You say that what you see in the video is their true colors, but how do you know? It could be that they are great people and that is the the worst thing that they will do in their lives. I guess it's as someone told me recently, it's human nature to judge. I just hope that you are judged as harshly for one single act, even if you do a bunch of good. I can't believe that you would dislike someone who saved thousands lives simply because he threw rocks at an injured dog once. You also are wrong in regards to why solders are looked up to by some. It's not because they are trained to kill. It's because they are doing every American a service and have a sense of duty. They don't sit at home waiting for a hand full of shoulders to make a mistake so they can pull this "holier than thou bull@!#$". Your last sentence is hypocritical. If they are not representative of all solders then what they have done does not reflect on solders in general. Thank god your in Canada, we have enough of "your type" here already.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:19 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:its obvious you want to be me or something

yes, i would love to be 25, still live at moms and masterbate 2-3 times on a daily basis

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:21 AM on j-body.org
Rod, T2: Settle down.

Big J: he's said the same thing you just said... He isn't putting the actions of the few on to the whole. To top that off, it's not only pretty dumb to tape this kind of stuff, and compounding it by posting it on YouTube... well, that's not something a person in their right mind would do.

Alexis: Don't worry about the wording choice, it's stimulating discussion.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 10:57 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:oh and these are the ppl we are supposed to be "supporting" for not having a conscience in the first place fighting a meaningless war based on lies?

hope they @!#$ get blown up by a roadside bomb

yea i just said it, they are trash and no better than anyone else on this forum, and dont give me any of this fighting for my freedom bull@!#$, nothing they do there means a damn here, its a waste of taxpayer money

So throwing rocks at dogs and being no better than the average person (I say average because judging by a single action of questionable ethics (remember its a dog not a person) does not constitute someone as anything below or above) means they should be blown up and die? How about the people here who do such things, or yourself? Just because they wear a uniform does not mean they are any less human. Sure, they should conduct themselves in a manner fitting of the U.S. military and what they represent, but who doesn't slip?

Respect - 10 for you

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:16 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

remember its a dog not a person

Exactly, when was the last time you've heard of a dog getting drunk and beating his bitch and pups?

Goodbye Callisto & Skaği, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:30 AM on j-body.org
KOTL - Not to go off topic, but they do now sell beer for dogs... though non-alcoholic, they don't know that, so a placebo effect could generate such news stories in the future

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:30 AM on j-body.org
LOL.. Dogs are Decent people....

Hey, Chickens are decent people almost: They might not beat on their hens, but they'll mess up the chicks they have on the side.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:37 AM on j-body.org
I'm not saying that animals, dogs in this instance, have no rights/value/whatever you want to call it. I'm saying that it seems people are getting all up in arms because a few guys in uniforms threw rocks at an animal, which occurs every day, but because they have a uniform on its a big fuss. Not condoning it, but sheesh, its not a pregnant woman getting pegged in the belly with a boulder.

Unsure if the point was brought up, I read through all the posts, but my short-term memory isn't so grand as of late.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 12:31 PM on j-body.org
It's them preying on something crippled and vulnerable. These are men and women that are supposed to have morals and act responsibly.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:09 PM on j-body.org
Aren't all people supposed to have morals and act responsibly? Being in uniform does not dismiss one from being human. As much as people may deny it, cruelty is a part of the human condition. Yes, they are held to hire standards as representatives, but hey, people are people and people act out in different ways. (again not condoning the actions being discussed).

I find this all very much like celebrity gossip, because the people are put into the public eye everything they do is scrutinized. Its just that instead of being a celebrity, they're U.S. military, which yes, they did to themselves by recording and posting such video, so scrutiny of the actions will occur. However, being in the situation we're in, even if it weren't recorded, something else that was would take its place.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:28 PM on j-body.org
^^^ I see what you're saying. it makes sense and I agree with it. The way you came of was like, "it's only a dog."

I think anyone that abuses an animal deserved to be gang-raped by a pod of orcas.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 1:34 PM on j-body.org
^^ Yeah i kind of realized that after reading back over it.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 4:50 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light�]
I think anyone that abuses an animal deserved to be gang-raped by a pod of orcas.

I love you for your mind and the weird things that come from it

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:50 PM on j-body.org
Alexis wrote:I was PMed asking for an explanation of myself. I won't give one, all I'll say is that I apologize for wording things wrong.

I am sure i did not PM you and just to clarify

ToBoGgAn wrote:same reason i don't go to car shows, some broad always thinks having a few bucks and her fun bags means she deserves to win over everyone else, yeah stereotyping is fun.

was not directed at you personally, more a reference back to Ashley and her attitude, just using it as a reference

as far as judging anyone goes, i believe everyone lives in a glass house, these guys literally were throwing rocks and more than likely will get some form of UCMJ punishment ifwhen they are identified.

As far as shooting the animal and putting it out of it's misery, depending on the COC there is a lot of dumb@!#$ that goes along with just firing rounds of for what may be deemed 'no good reason' and depending on location and the surrounding community it may be a real bad idea to be perceived as a "hostile american".

not defending these guys one bit but don't think that a solution is as easy as "why didn't they just shoot it?"

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:52 PM on j-body.org
Skip (The Original Skip) wrote:Aren't all people supposed to have morals and act responsibly? Being in uniform does not dismiss one from being human. As much as people may deny it, cruelty is a part of the human condition. Yes, they are held to hire standards as representatives, but hey, people are people and people act out in different ways. (again not condoning the actions being discussed).

I find this all very much like celebrity gossip, because the people are put into the public eye everything they do is scrutinized. Its just that instead of being a celebrity, they're U.S. military, which yes, they did to themselves by recording and posting such video, so scrutiny of the actions will occur. However, being in the situation we're in, even if it weren't recorded, something else that was would take its place.

I understand what you're saying, but when you work for the government (as I stated in an earlier post)... at least what I've been involved with... doing anything objectionable while wearing a uniform or representing the government is a BIG BIG BIG NO NO. Even at York County 911, if I was wearing my work uniform (just a polo shirt but still uniform), or had my work badge on, and did anything questionable... I'm subject (if they find out) to immediate discipline and/or termination depending on the degree of the offense at hand. Even going to a bar for ONE drink after work while either wearing the polo shirt or my work badge could have gotten me fired.

I understand how hard it must be, being trained to kill at will or sacrifice yourself for your fellow soldiers, and not think twice about killing someone/something that is life threatening... to be civil 24/7. But videotaping something like that WHILE REPRESENTING THE UNITED STATES in uniform and posting it on the internet... that should be subject to some sort of penalty or discipline. If I seen a video like that of British soldiers doing the same thing, I could possibly think to myself "oh how incredibly unprofessional are these British Soldier nit wits? They're supposed to be protecting and stuff... and there they are torturing a disabled DOG?!?!?"

Like it or not, if you work for the government, and you're in uniform or wearing other visible identification items... you ARE representing that government... and your actions, although your own, are representing said government because you are wearing said identification.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:53 PM

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:45 AM on j-body.org
Thank you Alexis

I now return you all to the mental image of Shamu and family gangraping those animal abusing choad-monsters.

Anyhow, on an aside, after seeing this footage, is anyone now looking at "When animals attack" and seeing it more as "justifiable"?

I mean really, i've rooted for the animals for a long time, i'm just hoping we have more on the bandwagon.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search