Did we just declare war on Iran? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Did we just declare war on Iran?
Monday, January 15, 2007 8:59 PM on j-body.org

http://www.slate.com/id/2157489/fr/flyout

Guess, Im gonna have to become Canadian, soon.

Re: Did we just declare war on Iran?
Monday, January 15, 2007 9:12 PM on j-body.org
well that certainly sucks. i need to get a tv, i swear

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:28 PM on j-body.org
We need to quit worrying about whats going on every where else in the world and take care of a Failing country that is being bombarded and over taken by illeagal immagrints and what not. It's getting crazy jobs are scarce, taxes are going way out of hand. It seems to be a free country as long as your not a citizen.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, January 15, 2007 9:34 PM on j-body.org
I don't really watch TV so....

Q: Did we just declare war on Iran?
A: Probably.

Q: Does it concern me?
A: Nope.

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:41 PM on j-body.org
Aw crap

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:49 PM on j-body.org
Yea I saw this at work, Iran, Somalia, who's next?!

Monday, January 15, 2007 9:52 PM on j-body.org
Damn...2008 cannot come fast enough

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:06 PM on j-body.org
Initiate draft in:

5... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1....

"The J's weren't designed to be sports cars, the suspension sucks, the brakes are tiny, and the target market for our car doesn't need to be able to do any more than 65mph." - Shifted

A more accurate observation has never been typed. These should be the starting points before any serious performance modification. What's the point of making a serious performer if you can't control it's power?

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:07 PM on j-body.org
He's not out till January 20th, 2009.

I have a counter on my system tray

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:19 PM on j-body.org
The01Cav wrote:We need to quit worrying about whats going on every where else in the world and take care of a Failing country that is being bombarded and over taken by illeagal immagrints and what not. It's getting crazy jobs are scarce, taxes are going way out of hand. It seems to be a free country as long as your not a citizen.

jobs arent scarce, they arent taking jobs from us, they are doing all the jobs that we dont want to do.

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:26 PM on j-body.org
Xavier Canon wrote:Initiate draft in:

5... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1....

Not going to happen:

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/deploymentsconflicts/a/nodraft.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/wars/a/draft.htm

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:35 PM on j-body.org
Can someone just send Gilligan a paddle-ball game?

Are these things so freakin' rare that the president couldn't just play with one for the next couple dozen months to keep him entertained and keep him from f**king things up worse than already done?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:46 PM on j-body.org
^^ I don't care who you are, thats some funny @!#$ right there

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 6:40 AM on j-body.org
We are not at war because we have to be, we are at war because Bush is a war mongor.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:23 AM on j-body.org
I think Bush should go over there and fight if he is so worried about "fighting the world" let someone blow him up or shoot and kill him. Quit killing all of out citizens that don't deserve this.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:56 AM on j-body.org

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:25 PM on j-body.org
If Iraq is Vietnam then Iran is Cambodia

Does no one else remember that the greatest tyrant of the 20th century "Pol Pot" lived in Cambodia? The man ENSLAVED the whole population. Not one specific group EVERYONE. He emptied the freaking cities, leaving babies in incubators to die and people on operating tables to wake up with their guts hanging out. He banned: families, reading, education, teachers, doctors, intellectuals, marriages... He actually made the book 1984 look tame in comparison.

Then he set about starving and killing almost 2 million people, one quarter of the population. We're talking about mountains of skulls, rivers blocked by the numbers of bodies dumped into it, children being used as assassins and soldiers since they were the healthiest and strongest. Ask any 30+ year Cambodian today if they had a family member killed by the Khmer Rouge and the answer is probably yes.

The reason I bring this up is that we did NOTHING about Pol Pot. Not a single thing. We shot a few mean glances at his ambassadors and sent angry letters, but that was it. Pol Pot died in his sleep. Cambodia had to be liberated by Vietnam of all countries.

Now we're all set to ignore another problem until it begins again. Right now we should offer a haven to all Iranian Revolutionaries in Iraq. There's a lot of people who don't like their government in that country. And their leader is getting to be scarier and scarier every day. Let's not wait for him to start lobbing around nukes like they're chicklets.

This war isn't over. It's not going to be over until you grandkids have kids. And THOSE kids will probably be sent to war. Afghanistan and Iraq were just the beginning.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007 1:44 PM on j-body.org
Would someone PLEASE tell me what it takes to remove Captain Faceraper from the White House? I mean seriously. Bill Clinton gets a BJ from some fat devil in a blue dress, and the entire country is up in arms, demanding he be impeached and dropkicked to a deserted island somewhere off the coast of Hell. But yet Rainman gets to go off declaring war against everyone wearing a towel on their head and and nobody does anything to stop it?! Look, I'm all for supporting our troops, but damn!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 10:02 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire: Iran and Cambodia are NOT analogous. Iran's gov't is not slaughtering people left and right. Iran is not attempting to re-engineer nature (and failing horrendously). Iran has a democratically elected President that is not beholden to theocratic rule.

The difference between the Khmer Rouge and Iran's Islamic Republic:
- Pol Pot was an extremist Communist that organized death brigades to systematically slaughter all non-communists.
- Dr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was elected for 4 years (and 4 years only), and to date, no Iranians are getting killed by government organised extermination squads.
- Khmer Rouge was a neo-communist group that didn't espouse any known school of Communism (it was close to Maoism, but not really), Iran's regime is based out of the Qur'ran.
- Iran underwent siege in the 40's, 50's, 70's and 80's (Britain and Russia, US Marines, US Oil policy, and US-backed Iraq respectively), the bad-blood between Iran and the USA/west at large, is long, storied and irrational on both sides
- Cambodia had to be annexed by Communists in Vietnam.

Iran may be a major world player, and they may not be lily white, but lets stop pretending the US is. 60% of Iraq is Shi'ite, and 90% of Iran is... That's the closest link you'll find. Seriously, if you're saying Iran is the same as Cambodia, you might as well invade there, then depose the entire US elected government.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:14 AM on j-body.org
We've already used world financial markets, to block Iranian attempts to maintain and
improve its oil industry. this is apparently working to curb major foreign investments.
and other countries like India from helping them build new oil facilities.

of course as a weapon itself it may well take over 10 years or longer for it to work, if at all..
and if so, why wouldn't they ( The Iranians ) want to purse Nuclear power even more aggressively
now than ever before ?

maybe they really don't have a choice.. as it has been said before , Iran needs oil export money,
and there looking at Nuclear fuel power as a domestic source to free up more profits from oil exports.

It's a simple as " who do you believe ? "

On one hand, looking at Ahmadinejad, running around South America meeting with Chavez ,
striking oil deals maybe ( another OPEC member ) and meeting with other outspoken critics of U.S. Policy.
gathering allies at / in your backyard maybe.

So the question then is, What are we gonna do with Iran if they're trying to undermine
what the Coalition is doing to stabilize Iraq ? Pick up sticks and yell ? ... or re-nag
and help them continue with Nuclear fuel in a political / religious arena that's seems highly complex to me
and appears unstable. religion and politics ... that's an IED right there.

Saturday, January 20, 2007 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Iran is already fulfilling Oil contracts with the Chinese... when you can't sell to the current largest consumer, sell to the emerging largest who doesn't have a problem with you.

Friday, January 26, 2007 2:11 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:
Pol Pot died in his sleep. Cambodia had to be liberated by Vietnam of all countries.

Just thought I would say that nobody truly knows if he really died in his sleep of the alleged heart complications. The government had requested to see his body for an autopsy, but it was rushed to be cremated, maybe hiding the fact that he had committed suicide.

I know it adds nothing to this thread, just thought I would bring that up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search