Iran vs Britian - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Iran vs Britian
Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:19 AM on j-body.org
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17883991/

I figured someone would have brought this up by now...but I guess not..

Iv been following since it happened, and really didnt think it would last even this long.

Personally I think Iran Is making a big mistake but whatever.

So
1. Do you think that the sudden change of heart from these saliors is being forced out or do they truely feel that way.
2. What do you think Iran is looking to get out of it
3. Do you think that even if they did enter the restricted area, since it was only for a little bit and barely over the line, it it worth punishment?

Re: Iran vs Britian
Saturday, March 31, 2007 1:35 PM on j-body.org
Being a totalitarian state Iran wants the rest of the world to look at it with the awe in which THEY think they deserve. So they've been trying for years now to enter the world stage. The only problem is that they're like a little kid who wants to be a grownup. They're want to bully and push their way forward without realizing just what kind of predatory sharks the whole rest of the world can be. This, btw, makes them the most dangerous nation on Earth. This naivety mixed with a fanatical desire to convert others and be worshipped.

Anyway, to answer the questions:

#1 Of course, there's a thousand people outside their door screaming DEATH DEATH DEATH! The sailors will apologize, grovel, convert, lick the boots of anyone who says they can get them out of this.
#2 Iran is trying to force a confrontation with the West. They've been trying to do so for years now.
#3 The border between Canada and the US isn't definitive, so imagine the gigantinormous dead zone between Iran and Iraq. I'm sure that on Iranian maps the sailors WERE in Iran's waters, but if you look at Iraq's maps they weren't.

My gut instinct is that Iran won't free the sailors (maybe the woman as a conciliatory gesture) and keep them as bargaining chips. If they kill them, we'll attack. If they send them all back for getting something they lose bargaining power. What I think Iran will do is send back one sailor at a time for getting outlandish demands.

The sad part is that we have a lot of allies inside Iran. Of all the muslim countries Iran has some of the most West Friendly/Ayatollah hating people. Seriously. It could even be said that getting into a war with the west is a ploy to put down the rebellion. If you're at war you have even more control over the people.

This is going to be a tense time. I think we may be on the verge of a full on world war. If we attack Iran, and we will if they publicly kill a soldier (especially that poor girl), other Muslim countries will join. This, may be a blessing in disguise though. We were heading for this for the longuest time, we can stop worrying and just deal with the situation now. Also, it's not that bad of a thing to split the world into two camps, for and against. At least we'll know who our enemies are and we're everyone stands. The only solution is to subjugate the countries that are against us. Not win their hearts and minds or make them our "friends". Just total takeover and we set up a benevolent military dictatory. It's for their own good. They can't goverm themselves, so we're gonna heve to do it for them.

God damn I miss the Cold War.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:00 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:God damn I miss the Cold War.

Why? It wasn't any better. As the saying goes, the "cold war" was hot in Africa.

For that matter, the Middle East was far from peaceful.

PAX
Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:11 PM on j-body.org
If you think that Iran is the most dangerous nation on earth:
- Pakistan has been caught selling Nuclear Weapon technology, and is likely where Osama Bin Laden and numerous Al-Qaeda training camps.
- India has medium range ballistic missile technology and medium yield Nuclear technology
- Russia still has not got full control of all its nuclear assets, it's bio-weapon facilities have been used within the last 5 years, and still is attempting to suppress Chechenya.
- China has been actively attempting to cultivate Bio-weapons, has ICBM technology to go with high yield hydrogen weapons, and still has the Communist party as the leadership, as well, the US is in GIGANTIC amounts of debt to China... $365 Billion per year.
- North Korea still is under the thumb of China, and will probably start agitating again when the time is opportune, they've sold bio-reactors and other technology, as well as nuclear technology and materials to undesirable nations.
- Saudi Arabian, Yemeni, Omani and Jordanian oil magnates have been caught knowingly financing Al-Qaeda dummy charities.

Iran is a squeaky wheel. If you can opiate the people, you'll see a move to secularism. You want to provoke another Iraq? Keep hemming in Iran with Sanction after Sanction after Sanction.... All you do that way is entrench a bad leader. In this case, You're not doing that to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, you're making Ayatollah Ali Khamenei more powerful.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, April 02, 2007 6:41 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:Being a totalitarian state Iran wants the rest of the world to look at it with the awe in which THEY think they deserve. So they've been trying for years now to enter the world stage. .

They have an odd, complicated government. I don't think they qualify as totalitarian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran#Government_and_politics

---

Monday, April 02, 2007 6:42 AM on j-body.org
Rosario wrote:
2. What do you think Iran is looking to get out of it

Proof that we're not going to do sh!t about it.

---

Monday, April 02, 2007 8:43 AM on j-body.org
GAM:

Communism itself is not the issue. It's the @!#$tards running the system. A representative republic led by a complete @!#$ can be just as bad as Stalin's rule...or Hitler's..or Mussolini's.

As for Iran, my opinion, we have bigger fish to fry.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, April 02, 2007 2:58 PM on j-body.org
I believe iran is right, the britians did cross into iranian waters, but they just dont want to admit it. why can't tony assface just admit it in order to start negotiations and end this?!

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:39 AM on j-body.org
Getting Tony Assface to admit he's wrong is like getting George Stump@!#$ to admit he's wrong.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Sunday, April 08, 2007 3:49 AM on j-body.org
Nobody commenting on the "Good Friday" release as an Easter gift to England?

Hmm...

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Sunday, April 08, 2007 8:49 AM on j-body.org
I think it's self-preservation on the part of Iran.

Throw the lads (and lass) a bone.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:09 AM on j-body.org
I can't believe how quickly they broke. It seems like they were captured and within a couple of days they were on TV praising Iran and condemning England. Whatever happened to "name,rank and serial number"? Read up on what John McCain did and put up with during the 5 years he was a POW, then compare it to those 15 little girls. ...and let the flaming begin...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search