Am I the only one that is more than a little disturbed by this? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Am I the only one that is more than a little disturbed by this?
Sunday, July 01, 2007 10:01 PM on j-body.org
http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/1839

Thoughts?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: Am I the only one that is more than a little disturbed by this?
Monday, July 02, 2007 5:05 AM on j-body.org
What the hell..............................kinda brainwashing propaganda......
I got nothing................

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 02, 2007 3:16 PM on j-body.org
That's just it... The thing that's messed up is that we EXPECT it. Maybe, just maybe I'm a little off here, but I'm pretty sure that indoctrination like this is going to do one of 2 things:
- Make for a generation of mentally derranged people (just remember that Islam is the world's largest growing religion, and Islamic countries hold a little over 60% of the world's oil)
- Stain Islam as a world-hating religion (which, from my perspective, it's not... There's a lot of messed up people that follow and twist the meaning of the religion and make it into a cultural battle, when it can really be a positive religion).

Again, I'm probably weird, but German kids that had to live through that kind of tripe in WWII were almost unrecoverable. Kids that grew up under Stalinist USSR were irreversably screwed up because it was viewed as the highest state of mind.

Why can't they just let the kids screw around, play and day dream... you can be an adult the rest of your life. Adulthood really sucks when you have to be an adult at 6.

I'm hoping Upstate can have a look at this thread and comment (and hopefully everyone will keep on an even keel because I KNOW someone is going to take it the wrong way).

Monday, July 02, 2007 8:14 PM on j-body.org
I've actually got a friend who was born and lived in Palestine for several years of his life.
And he does infact hate jewish people. He rambles on about why. but it always ends with "....i dont know."

It truely is brainwashing.
I dont know what else to say...

Monday, July 02, 2007 11:38 PM on j-body.org
Well that's the thing about Israel. Jews think Palestinians are like vermin infesting their country, and Palestinians think of Jews as inhuman monsters who rule the world with blood drenched hands. What's happening is that each side is so hateful of the other that they've hit a point of no return and are raising entire generation of children to be in a constant state of controlled psychosis. Which, if you think about it for a minute is 1984 territory. There's no future for a country like that. You can't dream of a utopia in a place where there's no laughter, curiosity, love, family or compassion. If all you have is hatred, self-abasement and fanatical devotion to a cause you're doomed. Doesn't matter if you win, because the people that will have won will have no ability to enjoy the victory.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 1:28 PM on j-body.org
I don't know about the generalization, There was a project for kids around the age of 12 a little while ago (it was on either Dateline NBC or 60 minutes) where 12 Palestinians and 12 Israelis went to a neutral 3rd country (IIRC it was either the USA or Canada). After a little trepidation, they got along pretty well (normal kids' stuff squabbles, nothing hurtful or lasting), and 5-6 years later, they brought most of them back together, and the funny thing: after a little trepidation they got on like friends except for a couple, one was in the IDF, and the other was in hezbollah. They were respectful, but there was a big difference from when they were 12 or so.

One of the guys I went to school with was Palestinian, but when we talked about the whole middle-east situation he was pretty vague and quiet. Turns out, he didn't know why he was supposed to hate Jews, one of his neighbours when he was a kid was an Israeli. Something I think that resonated with him (at the time at least) was that Ireland was going through the peace process, and I thought it was kinda weird that Brits and Irish were going to try and bury the hatchet... Why couldn't muslims and jews just get along?

I'm more than a little disappointed with what's been happening in the area. Both sides missing opportunities to halt the cycle of stupidity.

Thursday, July 05, 2007 4:48 PM on j-body.org
Not just that...but their essentially fighting over dirt. Apparently it's Canada's biggest national resource (if the RCKY is to be believed), so all you need to do is ship it over there in exchange for them funding a new hockey rink and beer breing station for some good Central Asian Pale Ale.

(yes, i'm generalizing, but i'm in a weird mood).

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, July 06, 2007 10:10 PM on j-body.org
That is insane, it is so easy to bend and distort a young ones mind. Breaks my heart to see this.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:43 AM on j-body.org
nuke em

Friday, August 24, 2007 10:49 PM on j-body.org
Both sides are wrong. It is wrong for the Palestinians to teach their children that death is inevitable, so to take as many Israelis with them as possible...

At the same time, Israel is in the wrong for kicking these people off their land and saying that they are the rightful owners, so they force the people to live in sub-human conditions in these camps...

Monday, August 27, 2007 4:48 AM on j-body.org
The sad fact is that there was relative piece until some Brit and a American sat down and drew a line on a map.

Those populations lived together for a long time without any major fighting. Funny things these "lines" they start many wars.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

Monday, August 27, 2007 8:29 AM on j-body.org
^^^Are you surprised, though? It's not like Britain and the States are harbingers of Peace...

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search