AZ takes on illegal immigration - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AZ takes on illegal immigration
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 9:41 AM on j-body.org
New Arizona Law

Thoughts?

I am not against anyone moving to this country to work or live, but if they are living and or working here against immigration laws, then why should they feel the need to follow the other laws that we have.

My family comes from European immigrants several generations back, and my grandmother told me how proud her father was the day he earned his US citizenship. He did it the hard way, so can they.

Re: AZ takes on illegal immigration
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:27 AM on j-body.org
I bet you speed at times. So makes me think you'd abide by the other laws?

---

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 11:39 AM on j-body.org
At least someone had the balls enough to step up in their own state since the tree huggers in congress couldn't

..................Which car will hit 400 whp first???..................
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:01 PM on j-body.org
Oh I have nothing against them trying to protect their state.

Personally, I believe the under-table hiring of ANYONE is not a good practice for the general public.

---

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:13 PM on j-body.org
I have nothing against immigration, but the illegal immigrants who come over and work but don't try to seek citizenship need to be cut out of businesses. It's not good business to hire people under the table and it's just wrong to allow illegal immigrants (hence the name) to work/live in the U.S. If they are actively seeking citizenship then speed up the process and let them stay, if they're trying to help families back home and aren't even trying to be citizens then send them back. You can't help everyone all the time so the liberals are going to have to suck it up and get tough.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Sunday, July 08, 2007 9:00 PM on j-body.org
about damn time. it's the only decent thing Napolitano's done since she's been here.

I could rant on about how my roommate was in the Cox store, paying the cable bill, and another customer got yelled at by the employee because she didn't know Spanish and other things that my roomie and I have witnessed here in Phoenix, but I think you get where I stand on the issue.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, July 09, 2007 2:03 PM on j-body.org
<humor aside>
See, it's not the illegal imigration of lationos that gets me--it's the illegal immigration of canadians. Latino--or rather mexican food is good. Canadian food...like poutine....blech!

But then again, latino beer is like, scrapping the bottom of the barrel. Canadian Brewskis are palateable.

</aside>

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, July 09, 2007 2:11 PM on j-body.org
You know not what you say. Dos Equis, Pacifico are good beers. The Germans taught the Mexicans how to make beers!

---

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:10 AM on j-body.org
So? The Czechs taught the U.S. how to make beer and look how well that turned out.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:48 AM on j-body.org
I can't name one Czeck beer.

Besides, Budweiser was born of the German immigrants trying to pussify their beer so Americans would drink it.

The Mexicans never pussified their beer. They just have sh!tty water.

---

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:44 AM on j-body.org
Budweiser was born in České Budějovice--which, last i checked was in the Czech republic (specifically Bohemia--as opposed to Moravia). At the time, it was part of the Austrio-hungarian empire, and took the German name for it: Böhmisch Budweis.

Budweiser is actually an imitation of the Czech brew. It just took the German, rather than Bohemian, or Czech name.

The best way to look at it is this: If it's a Lager, chances are it has German roots. If it's a Pilsner, it likely has Czech roots.

Pilsner Urquell (albeit in a watered-down state) is a Czech beer marketed here.

Anyhow, I'm not a fan of the Mexican brews (it is the water). Canadian brews are fine--american brews tend to be pussified--especially the macro-brewed beer.

Regardless, I'm more of a fan of Ales and Stouts as opposed to Lagers and Pilsners--i find the latter like drinking colored water unless it's backed by a healthy dosage of alcohol. The level allowed in most american pilsners and lagers is the beer-equivalent to Boones Farm. Call me nuts for preferring top-fermented brews rather than bottom-fermented brews.

Anyhow, i will say this...Mexico has it over Canda IMHO when it comes to hard liquor. I'd take Cuervo over Black velvet any day

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 11:13 AM on j-body.org
Actually, my understanding is Budweiser is not an imitation of the Czech brew, because it is a lager, not a pilsner.

---

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:52 PM on j-body.org
To what i've found, you're right in what it's become, but not it's conception. It was initially conceived as an imitation to the Czech pilsner, but has morphed into a light lager that uses rice as well. The two brews in modern levels are very distinct (I'll actually drink Budweis Budvar--especially the 12% variety).

It would be like comparing pizza as we know it to pizza as Italy knows it. Same root--different outcome.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:55 PM on j-body.org
What was the topic at hand?

---

Sunday, July 15, 2007 10:38 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:What was the topic at hand?

Food and beer?

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search