Conservatism is the new Punk - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Conservatism is the new Punk
Monday, September 10, 2007 1:10 AM on j-body.org
I'm a particular fan of Scandal myself. nothing brings more fear to the hearts of the establishment.

nothing says fork you more than scandal. the hell with everything else.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 11:28 AM on j-body.org
ALL these bands you mention SUCK in any era

it doesnt matter what you call it theres always going to be a bunch of panty waste losers crying for attention and try to justify thier attention whore complex by selling it off as a style

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:20 PM on j-body.org
^^^go ahead and say that to Glen Danzig and Henry Rollins...we'll have fun with your meat puzzle.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:19 PM on j-body.org
Henry Rollins is an old man who im still trying to figure out why he is famous

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, September 15, 2007 11:36 PM on j-body.org
He's interesting, informed, articulate and literate, if not blunt.

http://wc04.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:wifoxqr5ldje~T1

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, September 17, 2007 9:51 AM on j-body.org
His take on things. In his books he echoes not just what has happened to punk bands in the past, but also to bands of just about any genre trying to make it. That and much unlike many of the frontment out there that has been around for 20 or so years, he's articulate about it and puts a unique spin on how he tells his stories or observations.

Besides, his love letter to Ann Coulter is gold.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, September 17, 2007 5:04 PM on j-body.org
Werd.

Just for shits and giggles, bare in mind there's some strong fucking language in these bitches... clear the shit out of your ears, and listen for a minute or two.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:25 AM on j-body.org
Can't at work...but, i do have tickets to his spoken word this hallowe'en. If it's anything like his last one, (Wal-Martians & Pussy-whip for the lactose intolerant), it should be good

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:30 AM on j-body.org
Today's music sucks. Punk, emo, metal, rap, it doesn't really matter. Zeppelin and Floyd FTW.

----------
2000 Cavalier Coupe, 138k miles, 2.2 Auto, Silver (alive)
1999 Cavalier Sedan, 237k miles, 2.2 Auto, White (dead)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:32 AM on j-body.org
On a side note, since when is being punk/goth/emo/gay (well ok, this one might be true) a function of what music you listen to? That's quite a poserish way of looking at things.

----------
2000 Cavalier Coupe, 138k miles, 2.2 Auto, Silver (alive)
1999 Cavalier Sedan, 237k miles, 2.2 Auto, White (dead)
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 10:54 AM on j-body.org
Usually personal genres follow the style of music.

I mean, when you think country--what comes to mind? Wrangles, boots, cowboy hats?

You think 80's rock, and tighr black leather clothing and sentient hair come to mind.

Usually, the style of the bands of a given genre depict the genre itself. After all, if all of the hip-hop artists dressed like Hendrix, imagine what the ghettos would look like.

But back on topic...anyone else here imagine what Ann Coultier or Condoleeze rice would look like as gutterpunk chicks? How about Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich as well--witht he huge rooster mowhawks???

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Saturday, December 15, 2007 10:28 AM on j-body.org
henry rollins is a cool ass guy and quite smart. type of person i'll stop and listen to even if i dont agree with some of his views. definatly worth a listen. i remember first seeing danzig in concert. he is one short bastard. but i wouldnt look down on him and tell him that to his face lol

people need to just stop worrying about what group they fit into or what group people classify them as. in reality its pretty much meaningless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:04 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:Remember when wearing orange hair would get you beaten up? When a guy wearing an earring would have labelled him a homo? Remember when little old ladies crossed the streets if you were wearing a devil shirt?

Those days are long gone.

Now with all the fashion boutiques catering to various *ahem* rebels, it's just no fun anymore. So may I suggest bringing back redneckism and conservatism to tick off your parents and the population at large.

Seriously though, punk's dead. It just doesn't make anyone mad anymore to say "I'm an ANARCHIST!!!!!!!" and do the devil sign. So instead, just say "God bless George Bush!" or "Dick Cheney is a great man." and watch people have epileptic fits. Instead of a mohawk, wear a mullet. Instead of tight leather pants, wear a cowboy hat. Instead of facial piercings, wear a handlebar mustache.

Instead of wearing a T-shirt with Che Gueverra on it, wear a T-shirt that says "Kill for Peace/War Forever".

I'll say one thing, I may not agree with a lot of Conservatism thinking (especially the religious stuff), but it's a lot more ballsy to be a Con than a Punk nowadays.

So whatcha say kids?

to me what you are describing, especially the shirt with kill for peace/war forever is punk to me...

i dont know when punks, or people who thought they were punk, needed to wear the same old @!#$ that the first punks started to wear...being a punk is about being different...pissing people off, and being open minded to politics, and lifestyles, especially to the gay lifestyle...

punk did die...but not all punks are dead...you just cant notice them because you arent looking hard enough
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:13 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]^^^that's where it's devolved to.

Metal used to be Slayer.

Now it's Metallica.

HEEEEUGE drop-off there.

Punk used to be The Misfits

Now it's Good Charolotte.

Same HEEEEUUGE drop-off.

i find it funny also that not many of us know what real punk of today is...

not bands like anti-flag, and good charolotte, or horrible green day...

bands like severed head of state (mostly anarcho punk but still punk)
antischism (also mostly anarcho punk, but again punk)
nausea
leftover crack

but the mainstream, which by the way, doesnt know what real punk is call stupid bands like the ones mentioned, greenday and all those gay bands, punk, which by the way they arent...

do yourselves a favor and find a local record shop in the city and find the punk section, and i dont mean a local place thats run by people who dont know underground music, i mean people who are metalheads, punks, old school hardcore dudes, who grew up in the 70's and 80's
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:15 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Henry Rollins is an old man who im still trying to figure out why he is famous

im sorry but if you didnt know, he was the front man for black @!#$ flag...

ahh...ya black flag is one of the biggest punk/hardcore bands that ever exsisted and not to mention they started the whole DIY thing...

im sorry but you people need to know what your talking about before you post about punk/hardcore/rap/metal any of that stuff

ahhhhhhhhhhh

oh ya btw henry rollins still works out and will kill any of us...hes nuts
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:29 AM on j-body.org
Even if he wasn't all of that, well, anyone that supports the West Memphis 3 is good in my book.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:34 PM on j-body.org
haha...listen to keeper of light with his 'sentient hair' and 'meat puzzles,' good stuff....along with some good points....i'm more of a goth/metal person, and have recently pulled out all the piercings and such and retired the trenchcoat and now look more or less like a 'skater fag' as so many people like to say...i guess the extremes just aren't so extreme anymore...except the LOUD metal...
Sunday, January 13, 2008 10:00 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Conservatism is noun. The whacko-greed-bent-loose-cannon type stuff that's been going on has been the uptight asshole, Goldwater-era Republican's wet dream.

Greed... that's this administration's hallmark

Maybe next time you can read the topic subject and respond on the same topic? Just an idea.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 3:18 AM on j-body.org
Take a look at the topic yourself.

I posted about conservatism. It's not the new punk, because punk has been about doing things for yourself, not lining your pockets.

Happy?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 2:46 PM on j-body.org
Ok I'll give you that, as long as you look at conservatism in the government as lining your pockets. I'm pretty conservative myself, and trust me...my life is very far from trying to gain as much wealth as possible. I think it all lies in your definition of punk. I was always under the impressionism of punk being going against what the majority of society is doing, not really an economic tie.

Tie game.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search