...something to ponder. - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: ...something to ponder.
Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:36 PM on j-body.org
A.15: It may not be what we were founded on, but it's how a lot of people, well, pretty much since the country's inception have acted. biggest culprit that comes to mind: Jospeh McCarthy.

And no, Zero, I wasn't taking potshots at "True" Christians, just the "sunday" christians as Hahaha so succinctly put it. The ones who belive in God and Chris and ask for thrir sins to be forgive just so they may have a chance at a good afterlife, ya know? The ones that are Christian only when it suits them...

...and don't get me wrong on that, There are plenty of part-time pagans that i would love to turn into a newt so bad that they'll never get better

Anyhow, the definition of pride as it counts in the bible is something that will be debated for a long time. As for if i think pride is wrong, no, i don't, but then again, i'm not Christian, so their rules apply to me about as well as Kosher laws do (while he snacks on some ham).

See, i'm calling out the ones that say that we're a, "Good, God-fearing Christian nation" on this--because what they're implying is something that, to my knowledge, and hahaha somewhat backed me up on, is that their attitude is flying fully in the face of what christianity is supposed to mean. In other words, they are the hypocrites.

Kinda like how freedom for your own political ideals is a very american trait, yet in the McCarthy ersa, people were persecuted for being communist. Definitly hypocritical.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:48 PM on j-body.org
It's like printing up a banner for yourself that says "I'm the most humble person on Earth"

Quote:

...and don't get me wrong on that, There are plenty of part-time pagans that i would love to turn into a newt so bad that they'll never get better

HA! LOL

Well we did do the nose..

and the hat..

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Friday, June 01, 2007 6:43 PM on j-body.org
"She turned me into a Newt I tell you!"

"A Newt?"

"I got better."

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Friday, June 01, 2007 9:08 PM on j-body.org
Damn.. I 'm not a perfect Christian or whatever... (and I don't even go to church except for a funeral or wedding or something) but Sunday Christians are hypocrites. There's *6* other days that you should Love thy God, Love thy Neighbour.

Being a judgemental asshole isn't anyone's right.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 12:05 PM on j-body.org
the idea of pride as one of the seven deadly sins is a cyclical debate because of the many ways the definition of pride can be construed
the people that have the aforementioned bumper stickers are not necessarily that hypocritical
there is nothing all that wrong with having pride in your country, and a bunch of people with pride in their country can be a powerful bunch
while i am very aware that a bunch of these people are way too proud (its a given) it does not make them all hypocrites, and it does not mean that all the christians that have this bumper sticker are just sunday christians either

Saturday, June 02, 2007 12:57 PM on j-body.org
Well, talking about someone with the intent to condemn them is a sin. So watch out some of you. You can't judge them on that level. You don't have the power nor the right.

Lofty glances from Lofty people.

It's as said before. Even you are at church seven days a week, if you just looking to see who is not there, your not any better spiritually then the people who don't even show up.
Pointing out the issues and shortcommings of others (as is being done here) is not good and should be curbed if youa re faithful.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:26 PM on j-body.org
Tracer: The whole issue that i'm getting at with the debate over pride is simply this: we're told pride is a sin, but in other cases, it's okay to have pride. If you can't have pride at all, then something as common as telling your co-worker how poud you are of your kid winning the speling bee is a hellworthy tresspass. However, if that's okay, then somewhere, someone made the descsion that some forms of pride are okay, while others aren't.

Either that or what was acutally meant in the bibble didn't translate well into english and the other languages, so they just used the best term.

But I have to comment on this:

Quote:

and a bunch of people with pride in their country can be a powerful bunch

Well, remeber, the Nazis were people that had a lot of pride in their country, and look at how well that turned out.

Anyhow, i didn't make the claim that all are sunday christians or hypocrites, but a lof of people that I met with that bumper sticker are. I find the irony of it humorous--like Hahaha so eloquently put out: "It's like making a banner to show eveyone how humble you are."

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, August 23, 2007 4:53 AM on j-body.org
Keeper,
I am a Christian.
I am not sinless because of my ability to not sin. I am sinless and found guiltless in the eyes of God because of His Son's sacrifice

Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:32 AM on j-body.org
^^^by that logic, it's saying that because Christ died for your sins, that it gives anyone a carte blanche to sin and not even have to feel bad about it. To me, that's a load of guano.

Of course, that's assuming that your Way is the Way. That's yet to be proven either way.

Still, being a christian, the underlying goal should be to not sin whether or not you do.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:38 AM on j-body.org
All this... over a bumper sticker?

Methinks there's a tempest in a teapot... if ever methought of it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, August 24, 2007 7:40 AM on j-body.org
^^^it keeps me from being out walkin' the streeets.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search