Safety of Chinese Imports - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: China Blames Media & Bans US Meat...
Wednesday, September 05, 2007 3:04 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

This isn't really a fair comparison. I know that it seems natural to compare products from China to those from America, but you can't. It's not because the Chinese make an inferior product, it is because they don't tread the workers fairly. The safety laws are lax, the pay is ridiculous, the concern for the worker is non-existent and the profits are astronomical. We can not compete with a companies that are allowed to operate in this manner. Would you buy from an American company that followed this mode of operation? Why is it acceptable from a Chinese company then? It's not. Not to mention that it is hurting our economy.

It would seem they make an inferior product as well.

Either way, I'd pay for a quality product because even if it's manufactured in China, it's more than likely made more by a machine than it is by people. The Chinese engineered cars are junk, the toys they're exporting are using paints that are literally 40 years out of date, and use leaded plastics, other stuff they're manufacturing like shoes are shoddy quality in my experience.... They're schucking crappy merchandise at a bargain, and people are buying the sh*t up left and right because they'd rather save a dime than be safe.

I don't blame the Chinese though, I blame idiot consumers.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: China Blames Media & Bans US Meat...
Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:28 AM on j-body.org
The only good shoes made in China I bought recently is the Ozark Trail Hiking boot I bought at Walmart last year. The damn things are still wateproof and the seams are still intact. These have been the best damn shoes I've ever bought to date. Usually I have to buy shoes twice a year becuase the "waterproof" seams weren't waterproof for very long. Hell one pair of hiking boots I bought at meijers had to be returned because the seams split the first time I hiked in the park with them, they were also made in China though.

Re: Safety of Chinese Imports
Tuesday, October 02, 2007 7:24 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Anyone remember the character that Dan Aykroyd played on SNL.. Irwin Mainway? He'd sell dangerous toys: Bag O' Glass, Bag O' Vipers, Johnny Space Commander Mask, Johnny Human Torch....

This kinda reminds me of that.

Course, then there's this one:

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:34 PM on j-body.org
ok if you don't like Chinese quality, then throw away your cellphones, computers, laptops, Xboxs, Ipods...among other things
China will be the highest superpower by 2010 no doubt
Wednesday, October 03, 2007 4:23 PM on j-body.org
Cars?

Look, my Cellphone: made in Japan, Computers (all of them) made in Taiwan (it's not China)/Japan/USA/Europe, Laptop is made in Korea, I don't own an Xbox, and ipods are made in China... sometimes (the newest Generation in made in Taiwan because some subcontractors were violating Apple's ethical practices, the components are manufactured in Japan, USA and Taiwan)

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search