Joined the navy - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Joined the navy
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:48 PM on j-body.org
FReQ Z (CDM Z24 coming soon!) wrote:I was an ET.

Nuke ET?? or conventional?

Nuke MM here.

I graduated boot the day after this topic was posted. Lovin everything so far, school is awesome. So is Charleston

Monday, October 29, 2007 7:00 PM on j-body.org
conventional. my recruiter warned me about going nuke, told me to fail the nuke test at MEPS on purpose... so I did.

good luck in school man.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:59 AM on j-body.org
nobling wrote:
FReQ Z (CDM Z24 coming soon!) wrote:I was an ET.

Nuke ET?? or conventional?

Nuke MM here.

I graduated boot the day after this topic was posted. Lovin everything so far, school is awesome. So is Charleston
Nuke EM here (been out for a few years). Good luck with Nuke Power School. You plan on going surface or subs?
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 4:32 PM on j-body.org
Hey thanks guys, I wanna go Sub, 6000 stong liberty call...........yeah, not so much...... Plus the SSBN schedule, as long as I get SSBN, will let me be with my wife a whole lot more.

And Mr Rikard, I know boot camp is lovin ya now, you're gonna have a blast in the Navy.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:19 AM on j-body.org
FReQ Z wrote:conventional. my recruiter warned me about going nuke, told me to fail the nuke test at MEPS on purpose... so I did.

good luck in school man.
That's strange. They get more towards their quota for signing nukes. Did he give you a reason for warning you to not go nuke?
Thursday, November 01, 2007 11:32 AM on j-body.org
the attrition rate (and the supposed "suicide rate") that the Nuke ET's had. I don't know if any of that is true or not.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, November 01, 2007 5:23 PM on j-body.org
FReQ Z wrote:the attrition rate (and the supposed "suicide rate") that the Nuke ET's had. I don't know if any of that is true or not.
I think the attrition rate when I was there was about 30% from the start of "A" school to prototype graduation. We had one guy try to play in traffic on I4 while I was there, but he wasn't quite normal anyway. I think the main thing was that you have to pretty much give up most of your life for about a year and a half (40 hours of class plus 30-40 hours of additional studying a week). If you weren't willing to give up the partying, you'd have a quick exit. Overall the training was top notch though.
Thursday, November 01, 2007 6:43 PM on j-body.org
No suicide rate as far as I know, I've only heard abouot a few cases. I think the attrition rate is still the same. But most everybody that wants out goes for a psych discharge from what I've seen. And yes the training is absolutely top notch. Plus the galley is awesome too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search