Hardcore Punk - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hardcore Punk
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:03 AM on j-body.org
I never got into a lot of the "older" punk music, but i listen to a lot of nofx, the vandals, tsunami bomb, bad religion, goldfinger, mad caddies, stuff like that. anything that is on fat wreck chords is worth listening to.

http://irockit.deviantart.com/

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:36 PM on j-body.org
Jace Evo2 wrote:
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:Green Day is pop punk? In my opinion Green Day is the best punk band to ever exist. 1989-Present, and still going very strong. Meaningful lyrics and an great sound. They have evolved throughout the years, but not lost the soul. Unlike some "punk", like Ramones, Black Flag, etc who have ONE sound, and are dust now.

Also notable mention, two of my top favorite bands who were fabricating the genre since the late seventies, Social Distortion and Bad Religion...

Correction. Green Day used to be punk. Until they didn't realize they were over 40 and didn't care that their music got played on the same station as Gwen Stefani and Pink. I used to like those guys back in the days of Dookie and Basketcase, but their latest album screams sellout/conformity. They were a posterband for MTV just like that rediculously gay band Fallout Boy. Isn't punk all about doing whatever the rest of the world deems not normal? Anti-Flag or Green Day? I'd go with Anti-Flag over Green Day any day of the week.

F.O.B. was good before Mtv caught wind of them... and they have good live shows too...

TechnoKid wrote:
I never got into a lot of the "older" punk music, but i listen to a lot of nofx, the vandals, tsunami bomb, bad religion, goldfinger, mad caddies, stuff like that. anything that is on fat wreck chords is worth listening to.

fat wreck chords has alot of amazing bands

Thursday, May 03, 2007 3:11 PM on j-body.org
True... MTV rapes what ever band they can get a hold of.

As for there being a ton of BS bands out today, I totally agree. I'm tired of hearing the same bands style everywhere you look. Secular and mainstream music got destroyed because of MTV and the radio crap, and now even Christian rock is starting to head down that path. There are only a few bands that I can truly say are above the rest of the hit- wonder bands that just make 11 songs to sell cds. UnderOath's most recent cd is one of the deepest lyrically that I have heard in a long time as well as musically, and Killswitch Engage has always been a good listen lyrically as well. It sucks when a band starts to try and sell their music so bad that they forget their true fans and stuff.

Oh and Fall Out Boy is terrible. They are exactly what I mean when a band makes 11 singles to sell to a bunch of HS girls. The commercial with their song on v-cast phones and with Capt. Douchebag proves my point.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:19 PM on j-body.org
There have always been crap bands.. The thing is, they fade from memory, just like these ones will.

Do you think the 70s (pre-MTV) only had Sabbath, Zepplin and AC/DC? Hell no.. Tons of crap all over the radio, now forgotten.

I bet the 20s had one hit wonders, they were just more regional because of the limited reach of the media at the time.

For that matter, the classical era had way more than the 50 or so names we see spanning the 200 or so years.

Pick a time, there will be diamonds and rust regardless.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Monday, May 21, 2007 9:25 AM on j-body.org
emo is the death metal for weenie little twats who are afraid to grid it up in the pit..."see im wearing black, im pierced...im hard" ROFL...and mommy wants her make-up back...

punk..never my thing. i prefered metal. pantera, slayer, metallica, GnR, etc. now..man im not even gonna get into it...i dig alot of stuff, just depends on my mood...

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Monday, May 21, 2007 6:15 PM on j-body.org
Ronin J wrote:emo is the death metal for weenie little twats who are afraid to grid it up in the pit..."see im wearing black, im pierced...im hard" ROFL...and mommy wants her make-up back...

soooo many things wrong with that

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 3:41 PM on j-body.org
what can i say about being a punk..

well i'll tell you what..i use to tell people hey im a punk, i listen to this this this and this that makes me a @!#$ punk..

but now im realizing i never was a punk and never will be..

@!#$ i mean, i might be right now but i dont give a @!#$

i listen to bands like severed head of state, antischism, black flag, minor threat, dead kennedys, misfits, only crime, adolescents, bad religion, bad brains, wasted youth, social d, stiff little fingers, reagan youth, world burns to death, the crack rock steady groups...and so on..

a bunch of angry hardcore/anarcho punk/crust

so if that makes me a punk so be it...

but in any case i dont give a @!#$..

@!#$ the system, and @!#$ america
Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:26 AM on j-body.org
Knoxfire wrote:Actually Bush has had it easy compared to Reagan. Every Hardcore band in the 80's had at least one Anti-Reagan anthem. You never really hear overt Anti-Bush songs.

Not really a punk song, but listen to Samael's "Slavocracy" The video is even better IMHO. When the opening lyrics start, "Why so many will have to pay, for just one man to stand his way" with images of the pentagon and the american flag in the background...it's a beautiful thing .

I hadn't heard such overt anti-american themes since Rorschach Tests's "Blow up America" or Queensr˙che's "Speak"

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Sunday, December 23, 2007 2:03 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]
Knoxfire wrote:Actually Bush has had it easy compared to Reagan. Every Hardcore band in the 80's had at least one Anti-Reagan anthem. You never really hear overt Anti-Bush songs.

Not really a punk song, but listen to Samael's "Slavocracy" The video is even better IMHO. When the opening lyrics start, "Why so many will have to pay, for just one man to stand his way" with images of the pentagon and the american flag in the background...it's a beautiful thing .

I hadn't heard such overt anti-american themes since Rorschach Tests's "Blow up America" or Queensr˙che's "Speak"

ever hear of choking victim?

they have a song called @!#$ america...

the unseen has a song which they say @!#$ america too
Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:43 AM on j-body.org
Choking Victim is the .@!#$

And Punk to me isnt defined by plaid pants, mohawks, or even negativity towards government or conformity. Punk to me will be alive as long as there are kids out there that have broken homes, get beat, or are faced with drugs and .@!#$ but choose not to do these things but in turn result to music for an escape. Its the music that reflects hard times of whoever writes it and has the balls to put their story out in lyrics.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search