Would you do it again? - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Would you do it again?
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 2:38 AM on j-body.org
Seriously, Goodwrench, do you even look at what you type?
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Blah blah...ignorant babble...blah blah blah.

Your posts are becoming so foolish that I will waste no more space posting responses to it. I do want to point out the following, which proves, yet again, that you will try to make an excuse for anything, and also that you have no idea what you're talking about:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Back pedaling is a no-no. Damage is done.
The problem is not what he said... as he is out there being a smart business man by being controversial no matter how stupid and "unpatriotic" he sounds, the problem here is there are people who think he is correct and factual.

He has said all along that he goes not want Obama to succeed in doing to this country what he wants to, but that he wants the country to succeed. But you have only heard what the left quotes out of context. Now that you hear a clear example showing it, you have to make up a lame excuse that he was just back-pedaling.

Thank you, please drive through.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:23 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:Seriously, Goodwrench, do you even look at what you type?
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Blah blah...ignorant babble...blah blah blah.

Your posts are becoming so foolish that I will waste no more space posting responses to it. I do want to point out the following, which proves, yet again, that you will try to make an excuse for anything, and also that you have no idea what you're talking about:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Back pedaling is a no-no. Damage is done.
The problem is not what he said... as he is out there being a smart business man by being controversial no matter how stupid and "unpatriotic" he sounds, the problem here is there are people who think he is correct and factual.

He has said all along that he goes not want Obama to succeed in doing to this country what he wants to, but that he wants the country to succeed. But you have only heard what the left quotes out of context. Now that you hear a clear example showing it, you have to make up a lame excuse that he was just back-pedaling.

Thank you, please drive through.
You two just need to get a room already.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:26 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:
ThatGuy85 wrote:The Terrorist threat level is a joke.

Does ANYONE here know what to do differently when the threat level is raised from yellow to orange? No you do not.

Oh?

Hm.

I know ... A lot of people that do @!#$ different.... hell, i know the ones... that "may" have gotten the info for it.

Chris

No @!#$, you're in the military (or were, I have no idea). Missing the point there buddy.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 1:03 PM on j-body.org
bk3k wrote:You two just need to get a room already.
Couldn't agree more. I was hoping page 4 would be different...

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:43 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:The Terrorist threat level is a joke.

Does ANYONE here know what to do differently when the threat level is raised from yellow to orange? No you do not.

wether its a joke or not the public screamed for it, demanded it, they felt the goverment was lying to them because they didnt tell them. so when they start telling them they still get backlash, it just proves my point that you can't do anything in the whitehouse and appease all people.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 3:57 PM on j-body.org
Markets Today
Updated: 5:15 pm ET, March 04 2009
+149.82 (+2.23

Dow 6,875.84
+32.73 (+2.48

Nasdaq 1,353.74
+16.54 (+2.38

S&P 712.87

Hey yo Quick,
Obama is so evil the stock market went up today.

Now,
I think I know what you’re going to say back to me Mr Quick.

A. Obama has nothing to do with the stock market (only when it FAILS)
Or

B. I don’t know a damn thing about economics
Or

C. I’m not making enough support to make my comment
Or

D. My comment is useless and foolish
Or

E. BLA-BLA BLABLABLA-BLABLA
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:09 PM on j-body.org
The same questions could be said with bush in that.

The government needs to stay out of the economy

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:11 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:

Quote:

No @!#$, you're in the military (or were, I have no idea). Missing the point there buddy.

No, I answered your question, and showed how you were wrong, We have a lot of people in the world that have been in the military, if something happened, would take charge of the situation at hand, and tell the civie's what they should do.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:08 PM

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:48 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:The same questions could be said with bush in that.

Chris

I know.
The government needs to stay out of our business.
The government's job I think is to protect our constitution
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 4:50 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:Markets Today
+149.82 (+2.23

Dow 6,875.84
+32.73 (+2.48

Nasdaq 1,353.74
+16.54 (+2.38

S&P 712.87

Hey yo Quick,

Now,

Or

Or

Or

Or

No, I'm going to say that it's still down almost 200 points for the week, or 2.74%, and that it's down 2750 points, or 28.57%, since he was elected (because the business world has had zero confidence in what he was saying during the transition period would help us, and it's down 1074 points, or 13.51%, since he took office.

Also, where were you posting about the 300 point loss the DJIA took on Monday? One little blip and you think you've got a strong point?

So my answer is:

F. YOU FAIL

But thanks for playing.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:10 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:The same questions could be said with bush in that.

Chris

I know.
The government needs to stay out of our business.
The government's job I think is to protect our constitution

Its what I swear in to.

How ever I will say this, RumerVille has it that obama wants to change the Enlistment oath to "office of the president" Not the Constitution.

I have a Major problem with that, Ergo 1930's Germany

Chris

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:37 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
+149.82 (+2.23

Dow 6,875.84
+32.73 (+2.48

Nasdaq 1,353.74
+16.54 (+2.38

S&P 712.87

Hey yo Quick,

Now,

Or

Or

Or

Or

No, I'm going to say that it's still down almost 200 points for the week, or 2.74%, and that it's down 2750 points, or 28.57%, since he was elected (because the business world has had zero confidence in what he was saying during the transition period would help us, and it's down 1074 points, or 13.51%, since he took office.

Also, where were you posting about the 300 point loss the DJIA took on Monday? One little blip and you think you've got a strong point?

So my answer is:

F. YOU FAIL

But thanks for playing.

You just said it. "zero confidence"

By turning people's confidence against Obama, it will help Obama to FAIL.
everything is wrong, nothing is right, things are going to get worst, nothing will get better, ect..
it will only hurt the people- in the long run, specially those who voted for him.
Then,
Come 2012 oh yeah!! more people will vote Republican wooohooooo!!
Pretty good political strategy.

And that's why we are in the hole we are in. Lack of compromise from political parties/ All or Nothing at all./ I'm right you're wrong ect.

Anyway,
I hope it goes up tomorrow again, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...
is all about confidence.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 6:47 PM on j-body.org
As long as we go back to what the Constitution say the Republic should be, I don't give a damn who is in charge.

I also don't care what he does, for the most part, as long as he dose not trample on individual rights, or states rights.

Chris

Thursday, March 05, 2009 3:17 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:You just said it. "zero confidence"

everything is wrong, nothing is right, things are going to get worst, nothing will get better, ect..
it will only hurt the people- in the long run, specially those who voted for him.
Then,

And that's why we are in the hole we are in. Lack of compromise from political parties/ All or Nothing at all./ I'm right you're wrong ect.

Anyway,
I hope it goes up tomorrow again, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day...
is all about confidence.

The market had zero confindence that what he would do would work, because they know what happens to the economy when such policies are implemented, especially in a recession.

I would love to see the stock market rebound, and unemployment turn right around, but it's not going to happen unless this administration and congress stop what they're doing, and change. Tax and spend has never worked, and to try such extreme amounts of it during a recession will only further damage it.

You realize that their next thing with taxes is to pull the cap in FICA withholdings, right? That equals a 7.5 point increase in taxes on earnings over $100,000. So much for not raising taxes on the middle class. Also, since employers have to contribute, this will be effecting almost every business out there who has a payroll, so it will stimulate more unemployment, if anything.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:23 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:
+149.82 (+2.23

Dow 6,875.84
+32.73 (+2.48

Nasdaq 1,353.74
+16.54 (+2.38

S&P 712.87

Hey yo Quick,

Now,

Or

Or

Or

Or

So my answer is:

F. YOU FAIL

But thanks for playing.

Then,

Anyway,
is all about confidence.

isn't that kinda like what the democrats were doing to bush the last 8 years. there is no diffrence with obama in office, just the opposite sides are doing the same thing. its just as much the republicans fault as it is the democrats, the republicans now are just doing the exact same thing the democrats were doing for the last 8 years, its politics as usual.

only thing unusual. is that allot of the market instabiliity usually lessens and things settle down allot once a new presedent comes into office, whats scary is that didnt happen with obama. wether thats from a complete lack of confidence in him or just the fact were in a really bad situation is an unknown.

and to make a post saying hey the stock market went up for a single day when its been dropping for several months is kinda worthless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:48 AM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:

how quickly the tide changes, eh? all those people out there that just HAD to vote for Obama, now all of a sudden run away from him? so you're saying that all of those intelligent people who did their research on ALL of the candidates before making their decision are now supposedly easily swayed by the righties AND the generally left media? and this is going to affect what Obama does? bull@!#$. the Dems had the next 4 years already laid out before the man took his oath.

the country is going to hell in a handbasket, because collectively, we're lazy, ignorant and selfish. the wrong man for the job got voted in. it doesn't matter what the general population does now, unless we start yelling to impeach the guy.

I'll bet you that our future would have looked a lot brighter 44 days into office if Ron Paul or even Bob Barr had been in elected.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:08 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:As long as we go back to what the Constitution say the Republic should be, I don't give a damn who is in charge.

I also don't care what he does, for the most part, as long as he dose not trample on individual rights, or states rights.

Chris

this

FReQ GTO eSquIRE wrote:how quickly the tide changes, eh? all those people out there that just HAD to vote for Obama, now all of a sudden run away from him? so you're saying that all of those intelligent people who did their research on ALL of the candidates before making their decision are now supposedly easily swayed by the righties AND the generally left media? and this is going to affect what Obama does? bull@!#$. the Dems had the next 4 years already laid out before the man took his oath.

the country is going to hell in a handbasket, because collectively, we're lazy, ignorant and selfish. the wrong man for the job got voted in. it doesn't matter what the general population does now, unless we start yelling to impeach the guy.

I'll bet you that our future would have looked a lot brighter 44 days into office if Ron Paul or even Bob Barr had been in elected.

followed by this

Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:23 PM on j-body.org
Ya...where is that going?

I voted for Dr. Paul.

I did my research on this hogie.

Chris

Saturday, March 07, 2009 2:03 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
+149.82 (+2.23

Dow 6,875.84
+32.73 (+2.48

Nasdaq 1,353.74
+16.54 (+2.38

S&P 712.87

Hey yo Quick,

Now,

Or

Or

Or

Or

So my answer is:

F. YOU FAIL

But thanks for playing.

it has already been addressed, but im still going to point it out just so you know how pointless your post was: as quick pointed out, one small spike does nothing to negate the market's reaction to this president. you obama supporters can try to spin it however you want, but the only people who think he is going to do well are the people who voted for him. the rest of the people, including most businesses, disagree--with just cause.

FReQ GTO eSquIRE wrote:I'll bet you that our future would have looked a lot brighter 44 days into office if Ron Paul or even Bob Barr had been in elected.

QFMFT! i can guarantee that we wouldnt be another 1.5 TRILLION in debt to china (or wherever it is we are getting that money--like just printing it)

Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:35 AM on j-body.org
I voted for him then and I would again. While I don't understand how signing all these trillion dollar deals is supposed to strengthen the economy I applaud him for trying, its more than Bush did. He just let everything fall to ruin and left the mess in Obama's lap. I honestly don't think McCain's ideas would be any better. I'd rather money be spent on trying to improve the economy than dumping billions into the massive failure that Iraq has become. I'd rather the money be spent here on our own taxpaying citizens rather than the backstabbing sand ^&%%^.

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, March 07, 2009 8:44 AM on j-body.org
while although i feel some of what he did was in the right direction its typical goverment bs that fouled it up. fact is no one is spending money, no one is building no one is doing anything, so the goverment is stepping in, funding all these projects to get some movement of money, get construction going, get building going etc etc. great, the downside is everyone takes that as free money and adds in all their crap worthless projects that wont add jobs but they need to get the persons vote that is the issue. if you took all that worthless crap out of the deal he could have done the same thing for probalby half the cost.

Saturday, March 07, 2009 9:22 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:...While I don't understand how signing all these trillion dollar deals is supposed to strengthen the economy I applaud him for trying, its more than Bush did....

He's not trying to fix things, he's taking advantage of the fear to push a bunch of long-time agendas from the far right. He has been saying all along that he wants to remake America, but people don't seem to understand how much he means this. Rahm Imannuel's statement in an interview on the WSJ back in November says it all, and no one has really understood it:
Quote:

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

They are using this opportunity of fear in this country to further the agenda. They are trying to get as much passed as possibly right now, under the guise of emergency needs of the economy, but in reality it's because they want it done before the general public really knows what's being done. Once it's in place, it will be very, very difficult to undo.

We'll be able to recover from it, but the more they get in place, the longer it will take to reverse. If you don't think I am speaking the truth, look at the number of protests that are starting to occur against this adminstration's agenda. You have to look, because the media isn't covering them much, but they're there. Historicly, concervatives don't protest the way liberals do, but there are enough of us getting completely fed up with what's going on that it's inciting new action amoung the movement.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:12 AM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:...While I don't understand how signing all these trillion dollar deals is supposed to strengthen the economy I applaud him for trying, its more than Bush did....

you dont understand how they are going to work for one simple reason: they wont. all it does is make things worse. this money will go to two places--special interests, and socialistic programs. the money the special interests get will insure that obama and his camp have plenty of money to campaign in 4 years and it allows for all kinds of kick backs and quid pro quos.

the social programs are actually the worse end of the deal. it makes the bottom portion of the country--the lazy, uninformed, leeches--continue to vote for these types of candidates, while at the same time it encourages them to continue looking for handouts, continuing the cycle of dependency that has been around since FDR. you think the welfare system is bad now? just look at the sort of things that this admin is pushing through and try to imagine how another decade or two of it will be.

the government is not here to tell us how to live our lives or supply for us free meals. it is here to protect us from outside forces and to act as a moderator for internal disputes. it is meant to be an umbrella under which we can live our lives, not an institution that tells us what to do each and every day.

Quote:

He's not trying to fix things, he's taking advantage of the fear to push a bunch of long-time agendas from the far left. He has been saying all along that he wants to remake America, but people don't seem to understand how much he means this. Rahm Imannuel's statement in an interview on the WSJ back in November says it all, and no one has really understood it:
Quote:

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

They are using this opportunity of fear in this country to further the agenda. They are trying to get as much passed as possibly right now, under the guise of emergency needs of the economy, but in reality it's because they want it done before the general public really knows what's being done. Once it's in place, it will be very, very difficult to undo.

this is exactly what is happening. hes using fear mongering to push through policies that he (and those who fund him) want. its the exact same thing that has been going on for the past 8 years, only on a worse scale. while the bush admin had a handful of things pushed through over the course of 8 years, obama is set to eclipse that in 8 weeks. everything he is doing right now is bad for our country, both in the short term and in the long term.

Sunday, March 08, 2009 10:57 PM on j-body.org
I love this thread. I remember in the beginning the guy that started it said that it wasn't for debate, but as soon as someone disagreed with him he started swinging fists and slinging @!#$ like it was his day job... Way to hold up your end of the bargain Tonto.

I voted for Obama, as things stand currently I'll do it again too. I figure he should get the chance for two terms if GWB did, I mean we might as well take this socialism and extreme equal opportunism to the max right?

Either way @!#$ has been on a down hill slope for the last 9 years, at least while we ride the airplane into the ground we should at least be able to watch a President who can construct a grammatically correct sentence and eat a bag of pretzels without nearly choking to death. Part of me wishes Bush woulda died on that pretzel, the other part knows @!#$ still would have been just as bad with Cheney running things.

The V for Vendetta reference is incredibly laughable as well, that whole thing could be reconstructed with the Bush family dynasty rather easily too.

But of course, I must be wrong because I don't nut swing on the right testicle.

Monday, March 09, 2009 5:36 AM on j-body.org
KFLO wrote: I mean we might as well take this socialism and extreme equal opportunism to the max right?

i hope that was sarcasm. those two things may look good on paper, but they have yet to work in the real world.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search