Our Generations Tea Party - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Our Generations Tea Party
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:15 AM on j-body.org
the only other people that should have guns are the ones that enforce the law...

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:43 AM on j-body.org
Duece Man X wrote:the only other people that should have guns are the ones that enforce the law...

That is the most ignorant comment I have read today.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:47 AM on j-body.org
The less guns the safer, how the hell is that ignorant?

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:47 PM on j-body.org
Duece Man X wrote:The less guns the safer, how the hell is that ignorant?

More safe for who? Criminals? Do you actually think that if they outlaw guns or try to confiscate them all that criminals will not have guns anymore? How do you defend yourself against a criminal with a gun when you don't have one cause you follow the "law"? How do you think our government would treat us as citizens if they knew we had no guns and no way of standing up to them if things get out of hand?

There is no way less guns would make the country a safer place, that is why the statement is ignorant. Think before you post.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:49 PM on j-body.org
April 1st? Who the @!#$ came up with that date to send a message to the U.S Gov't?

Now onto the Gun Law, should it be changed yes, however should it be abolished hell @!#$ no. I believe we do have the right to carry firearms, however to carry fully auto AK's, Bushmasters, Tec-9's etc. isn't needed. I think they shouldn't be sold to people at Gun Store's/Conventions unless your in Law Enforcement/ Military. Their isn't a need for a person in a house hold to have those type of weapons period. A Sig, Glock, S&W etc. handguns are more then enough to put someone on their ass if they do break into your house. If you want a little more, you have access to shotguns and rifles as well.

If you tell me its a hobby, then get into law enforcement if you want to use those types of weapons. Fully automatic weapons have no purpose on the street other than to end up in the wrong hands sooner or later. Those who say that's not possible, cue back to the early 90's in LA during a bank robbery two gunman had a shoot out with police using fully auto AK's with drum's. The police were outgunned till basically SWAT came into the picture. And no this isn't SWAT the movie, this occurred in real life go look it up. That event changed the laws and funding allowing officers in LA to carry assault rifles in their vehicles. You can say they were criminals with no remorse, ok, how about those who shoot up schools with no criminal record? Or the employee who gets laid off and decides to shoot up his former place of employment?( Postal anyone?) How about the family who is on hard times and decides to start robbing places instead of working? Everyone is capable of committing a crime, there's no, its only criminals who do it, because remember they too were normal citizens till something put them over the edge.

Also keep in mind when that amendment was passed way back in the day, the only weapons around were single shot. Nothing like you see today out in the street.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:03 PM on j-body.org
Bubba 2.0 GLS wrote:April 1st? Who the @!#$ came up with that date to send a message to the U.S Gov't?

Now onto the Gun Law, should it be changed yes, however should it be abolished hell @!#$ no. I believe we do have the right to carry firearms, however to carry fully auto AK's, Bushmasters, Tec-9's etc. isn't needed. I think they shouldn't be sold to people at Gun Store's/Conventions unless your in Law Enforcement/ Military. Their isn't a need for a person in a house hold to have those type of weapons period. A Sig, Glock, S&W etc. handguns are more then enough to put someone on their ass if they do break into your house. If you want a little more, you have access to shotguns and rifles as well.

If you tell me its a hobby, then get into law enforcement if you want to use those types of weapons. Fully automatic weapons have no purpose on the street other than to end up in the wrong hands sooner or later. Those who say that's not possible, cue back to the early 90's in LA during a bank robbery two gunman had a shoot out with police using fully auto AK's with drum's. The police were outgunned till basically SWAT came into the picture. And no this isn't SWAT the movie, this occurred in real life go look it up. That event changed the laws and funding allowing officers in LA to carry assault rifles in their vehicles. You can say they were criminals with no remorse, ok, how about those who shoot up schools with no criminal record? Or the employee who gets laid off and decides to shoot up his former place of employment?( Postal anyone?) How about the family who is on hard times and decides to start robbing places instead of working? Everyone is capable of committing a crime, there's no, its only criminals who do it, because remember they too were normal citizens till something put them over the edge.

Also keep in mind when that amendment was passed way back in the day, the only weapons around were single shot. Nothing like you see today out in the street.

you do realise it is currently against the law to own ANY full auto firearm, right? Not to mention Bushmaster is a make, not a model.

PS, I own an Bushmaster M4A3(ar-15) as well as an SKS(ak47 like). Guess who had FBI background checks to own these weapons? I did, because I am not a criminal.

kthx

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:20 PM on j-body.org
With the proper licensing you can legally own a full auto firearm. As far as I am aware, the only legally possessed "machine gun" to be used in a crime was owned and used by a police officer. This since the licensing of course.

There is a lot of ignorance in this thread, gotta love the anti gun group.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:30 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:
Bubba 2.0 GLS wrote:April 1st? Who the @!#$ came up with that date to send a message to the U.S Gov't?

you do realise it is currently against the law to own ANY full auto firearm, right? Not to mention Bushmaster is a make, not a model.

PS, I own an Bushmaster M4A3(ar-15) as well as an SKS(ak47 like). Guess who had FBI background checks to own these weapons? I did, because I am not a criminal.

kthx

I know bushmaster is a make..... what they are mostly known for is assault/military grade rifles correct me if I'm wrong. Now is the FBI going to periodically check your home to see if you modded your M4A3 or your SKS? No they are just going to run a background check at the purchase date for a record after the check its pretty much free range for a weapon. You of all people should know that just because there's a law, or a safety device, doesn't mean people won't find a way around it. Lets compare cars to guns, now we all know J's have a speed governor, right? How many times have people asked, how do you get past it? Same thing goes on in gun forums, people will find a way to make a gun fully auto if they want to. Why because they can, its that simple. As I said I'm not against guns at all, just keep the ones that can be modified to fully auto away from the street.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:38 PM on j-body.org
So what you are saying is that any firearm that could potentialy be modified to fire full auto should be illegal? How about the fact that any person that should be able to own a firearm already knows the consequences of such a modification are not worth it. Removing a governor on a J car is not comparable to modifing a a legally purchased semi auto fire at full auto. One is a felony and the other is not.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Bubba 2.0 GLS wrote:I know bushmaster is a make..... what they are mostly known for is assault/military grade rifles correct me if I'm wrong. Now is the FBI going to periodically check your home to see if you modded your M4A3 or your SKS? No they are just going to run a background check at the purchase date for a record after the check its pretty much free range for a weapon. You of all people should know that just because there's a law, or a safety device, doesn't mean people won't find a way around it. Lets compare cars to guns, now we all know J's have a speed governor, right? How many times have people asked, how do you get past it? Same thing goes on in gun forums, people will find a way to make a gun fully auto if they want to. Why because they can, its that simple. As I said I'm not against guns at all, just keep the ones that can be modified to fully auto away from the street.

you don't think handguns can be modified to be full auto? If you ban one, you have to ban them all. not this one off bull@!#$ they do just to work towards the whole lot.

And also, as far as guns not being a hobby.....just because it's not your hobby, doesn't mean it's not a hobby for others. My wife and I go to the range and shoot as a hobby we do together. She likes it, I like it, why should my make of gun or model be the deciding factor of wether it should be my hobby? Oh, so go into law enforcement if you want it as a hobby??? What if I don't want to be in law enforcement? Also, that kinda ceases to be a hobby when it becomes a job. Hence the reason I don't mod cars anymore. I did it as a job on the side, not even full time and got sick of it.

Point being, your opinion is just that, and opinion. Until all you gun haters come together and piss on the constitution yet again.

edit - i went premium again just to reply to you, as i was out of posts <3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 17, 2009 1:41 PM

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:14 PM on j-body.org
you too Joey

I said it twice I'm not a gun hater, I love gun's, hell if I could afford them, I would have at least 3 handguns and some hunting rifles. However I wouldn't need something that I could mod to fully auto unless my job required me to have that. Remember I was hired to become a Police Officer last year only reason I turned it down was due to me finishing my degree's, and a back injury. I would've enjoyed both working and having this as a hobby just as equally. When I was younger my grandfather used to take me target shooting, with his rifles and my archery set. When I'm done with my degree next year I will be entertaining the idea of going into law enforcement again. So for myself, I have no problems with guns, I have problems with people who buy guns and do unlawful things with them. Just because your an outstanding citizen, doesn't mean some other outstanding citizen won't do something unlawful with the same style rifle you bought. This is a @!#$ up world we live in, and people do, do stupid @!#$.

Mitdr- The car parody wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I thought of it. But its something people can alluded to as to how stupid people are who want to find ways around the system. Now illegal is a harsh word, I would instead say they shouldn't be allowed in public without strict regulations. There should be routine spot checks on them, performed by the state every year(at the gun range) to make sure weapons aren't being abused, or modified to cause harm to the people. Keep track of where weapons are going, things of that nature to keep the public safe without causing problems.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:27 PM on j-body.org
Dude, that's like saying since a handful of people speed(breaking the law ) no one should be able to own a car. or say a car that goes over 55mph.

Seriously not a logical argument.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 3:44 PM on j-body.org
If someone is going to illegally modify a semi auto they are going to do it regardless of any law. How do you think felons modify handguns to fire full auto? As a felon they cant even posses a firearm let alone modify it to full auto. Laws will not stop a criminal from obtaining and modifying any firearm.

The Tec9 should be outlawed because it is a giant POS and you are more likely to harm someone with the cocking piece than a bullet fired from it.

The North Hollywood robbers purchased full auto rifles (illegal for them to do I might add) and had on body armor (not sure on teh legality of that). The police department could have purchased better firearms if they had wanted to but had not. That is the fault of the department. From what I recall they probably could have neutralized the suspects with one well placed shot, but most police officers dont seem to know how to shoot at a target so I am not surprised about their shooting during the escape. Even with the body armor I am fairly confident that with a well placed shot my .30-06 would have been far more than adequate to stop the ribbers.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:39 PM on j-body.org
Full Auto Illegal?

Ever hear of a Class 3 LICENSE?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:55 PM on j-body.org
Most people are unaware of that license. Its not that easy to get and isnt exactly cheap either.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:56 PM on j-body.org
Prints, 200 bucks, and a clean back ground.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:38 PM on j-body.org
There have been a few extras tacked on in Mi last I looked. I may have been misinformed but the guy I was talking to who had one made it sound like it was $200/firearm/year. He has 3, or at least used to. I havent looked into it for a while though so Im not up to speed on MI laws.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:50 PM on j-body.org
Its 200 for the Stamp per Receiver you have... its 200 for the License to own one.

And ya know what, No wear in the Constitution dose it say that you have to pay a TAX to own a gun, However it dose say that the PEOPLE should be able to own CURRENT Military Issue Firearms.

I want my M249!

Chris

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:03 PM on j-body.org
ALright, I guess I was under the wrong impression. Thanks for clearing it up.

Is that the Minimi?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:11 PM on j-body.org
The Production version of it, yes.

If you order in on police letter head, (only way you can with a 88 and newer class 3) it costs around 6500.

SO HOT

Chris

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:18 PM on j-body.org
A guy my dad used to work with was a dealer and had a class 3 for a MP5 but could only sell it to a police department or something like that.

$6500 doesnt seem that bad, although it isnt really transferable is it? I have been out of the "loop" on this stuff for way to long.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:22 PM on j-body.org
Ya, but come on, would you really sell a 200 Rd box belt fed shoulder fired weapon?

just think of all the looters you could "turn away" with it!

Worked for the HMung in Calie.

Its like Gen. Washington said, The Second amendment is second only to the Constitution its self, in importance.

Chris

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:30 PM on j-body.org
I would never sell one if I had one. Looters wouldnt stand a chance. Intimidation is more use than threat of law enforcement.

Unfortunately the people have let the founding fathers down. If things keep going the way they have been there just might be an uprising. Im headed to Wi. if that happens.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 9:07 PM on j-body.org
I swear in to the Constitution, I will not break my word.

Chris

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:22 AM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Full Auto Illegal?

Ever hear of a Class 3 LICENSE?

Chris

I always was told that license was strictly for military and law enforcement....... Interesting. And it's still possible to get one in NY from what I read....except they make it damn near impossible to get.

To acquire a hand gun permit in Erie County, NY, it takes almost a year and a half right now. They make it so you have to jump thru so many hoops just to get one, that you don't even want to bother doing it. Sad really.

And one county over....they can have them in hand in 3 weeks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search