Solutions to the Big 3 Crisis - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Solutions to the Big 3 Crisis
Friday, January 23, 2009 2:25 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:if people had a little pride in their country and quit buying that @!#$ there would be alot less of a problem

maybe if GM would get there heads out of there asses and start making top notch cars that people want to buy, they wouldnt be pretty much screwed right now. they get rid of the camaro and replace it with the SSR? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Friday, January 23, 2009 6:34 PM on j-body.org
No doubt GM has made some bad decisions on models that have hurt them severely, especially seeing what Chrysler and Ford have done bringing back classic muscle cars with huge success, but all three of them are hurting, and the main reason is the UAW. Until that's fixed, there is really no hope for a turn around. Throwing money at them is not going to fix it long term. It's only a baid-aid.

Friday, May 01, 2009 2:06 PM on j-body.org
Well, now one of the big 3 is 55% owned by the UAW.

That should be the final nail in the coffin: the people that own the biggest share of the company are the ones constantly trying to squeeze more out of it, which is why they were losing money in the first place. But, hey, Obama took from the rich and gave to the poor, so it's all good, right?

Saturday, May 02, 2009 2:41 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:Well, now one of the big 3 is 55% owned by the UAW.

That should be the final nail in the coffin: the people that own the biggest share of the company are the ones constantly trying to squeeze more out of it, which is why they were losing money in the first place. But, hey, Obama took from the rich and gave to the poor, so it's all good, right?
I have 2 main points to make.
1. Apparently I missed the part where Obama handed out GM shares to the UAW. Care to enlighten me?
2. I wouldn't have such a problem with the UAW owning most of GM (assuming through legitimate purchase) if I felt confident that the workers really owned the UAW. But I think the UAW is like any organization - only concerned about itself. I don't think this is good for the workers nor the consumer - just good for lazy UAW fat cats. I think the UAW's actions during the auto bailout debate proved as much.

I personally don't care for the UAW nor modern unions in general. They just aren't needed in today's age. IMO, they are more like parasites. Of course I must not like unions because "the media told me so," huh Quiklilcav?

Saturday, May 02, 2009 4:50 AM on j-body.org
Chrysler, not GM. It happened Thursday, and actually before the deadline for them to come to an agreement with their creditors. In case you haven't heard, Obama stepped in 12 hours before the deadline and claimed essentially that it was being stalled by more "greedy Wall Street investors". The truth is that investment firms were being asked to settle for pennies on the dollar, which would have handed losses to all of it's investors, meaning regular people (remember, most retirement funds are invested, so more people will be losing retirement money). But that's just another chance to vilify Wall Street.

You can read some of the story here

As for not caring for the UAW, there's a point we can agree on, and for the same reason. It's not the workers (for the most part) that are a problem, it's that the union leaders, thus the union itself, that have become so corrupt they are a big problem. In this day and age of information exchange via the internet, the unions are not even necessary. Anyone who gets treated like crap can easily expose it, file a claim, etc. through numerous avenues. Most of the unions, particularly in manufacturing, support laziness and unproductivity, and just try to squeeze companies as hard as they can.

As for your final comment, don't get all butt hurt because of the response you got in the AF1 thread to your childishness. If you can confine your posts to factual arguments, or even rhetorical ones, without the snide remarks and insults, you will not get such a response.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search