HR 45 and illinois politicians. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HR 45 and illinois politicians.
Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:37 AM on j-body.org
http://ianessling.com/blog/index.php/2009/02/16/new-gun-bill-hr-45-takes-aim-at-2nd-amendment/

And for a non biased version... (actual bill)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45

Some crazy media vids..

To most nerve racking thing about the bill for me is that they would be able to come into your home and look for guns without warrant...

Discuss..

Re: HR 45 and illinois politicians.
Saturday, July 11, 2009 6:23 AM on j-body.org
im glad I live in Texas were this stuff would NEVER happen. The fact that you would want to give up your rights is beyond stupid.

Now the census bureau wants to ask you how many firearms you have in your house too..... If they come to my house I will answer the door with a shoulder harness containing my 9mm, and S&W 40 on my side, on my living room table will be my AR15, sure they can come in, but I will not tell them about all of my weapons.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:06 AM on j-body.org
^^ Did you miss the part where the ATF is going through the records of gun dealers and taking names and addresses, then going door-to-door for follow-up? It's happening in Texas right now. They are calling it a move against illegal firearms getting over the boarder, and that they merely want to be able to account for every legally purchased firearm, but anyone with half a brain can see through it.

Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:15 AM on j-body.org
yeah I know there doing that right now, I havent bought a new gun from a dealer.(and never will) I hope it gets stopped, the gun shop should not be handing over records of sales to anyone.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 11:32 AM on j-body.org
Federally they have to if asked. If it is just one gun, then they won't. However, my gun shop told me that the ATF requires a report if two or more are purchased at the same time. That is when they really take notice, and that is when they will come by in about a month to check if you currently own the guns. They do it to make sure you aren't buying them, and distributing them yourself.

Honestly it makes sense. If some guy comes in and buys two Glocks, one H&K, and two AR-15's and the same time . . . aren't you going to question what the hell is going on? Either the guy is a completely gun nut, he is prepping for World War 3, or he is selling them out of his house.
Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:52 PM on j-body.org
^^^^^ Yes.... but either way..... said guy legally bought those guns and its no ones business why he bought them.

Sunday, July 12, 2009 6:29 PM on j-body.org
This "Gun law" is unconstitutional.

Why O Why hasn't the Supreme Court said anything yet?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, July 13, 2009 9:31 PM on j-body.org
.....thats why you buy in 6 month increments... its the same with bomb threats....anyone who makes a threat is just wanting attention...

anyone heard of silent and deadly....(not only true with farts).... said assassin isn't going to draw attention..... he's gonna keep a close eye on things and tip toe around. He's gonna be patient.

but it all goes back to posts on other threads... we're free to make our own choices... but we've gotta realize those choices come with consequences....

I own guns... but I don't have them registered... I probably should and probably will one day when I'm bored of being unemployed...lol...But I think it'd be kinda noticable to carry a 12 gauge by your side all the time... and I sure as hell ain't carrying around the 22 mag....lol...unless I'm squirrel hunting...the way I see it, I have a right to bear arms...enough said....

and chris because the supreme court is liberal....lol....

and on another note to add to this, didn't obama say: "they hide behind their guns and their religions".....and if I'm not mistaken he was referring to virginia....I could be wrong on this last part....but no, we don't HIDE behind our guns or religion.... we STAND behind our guns, because they ARE our religion...lol....

-Red-
Monday, July 13, 2009 10:17 PM on j-body.org
Sounds to me like a law that violates both the 2nd and 4th amendments - and they sell it basically the same way as selling away your rights in the "War on Terror" - only this is the "War on Gangs." But protection against "X" is not a sufficient reason to strip our rights - nothing on this Earth is sufficient.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search