Health Care reform discussion - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Health Care reform discussion
Monday, March 22, 2010 10:05 AM on j-body.org
The representatives of the people have spoken. While their actions may not reflect the majority of the people's wishes, it is indeed our Contstitution in action. If there is any bright spot, it could be that the voting public may be more careful in the future about just handing over the majority to the 'other' party. Perhaps we'll learn to LEARN more about the other party's true intentions before handing them the keys to the castle with our votes.

Were we to vote more with our minds, and less with blind Hope, we might not have created this situation for ourselves in the first place.

Monday, March 22, 2010 12:05 PM on j-body.org
^ completely agree. i anxiously await the dems to lose many seats in this years election.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, March 22, 2010 12:27 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:The representatives of the people have spoken. While their actions may not reflect the majority of the people's wishes, it is indeed our Contstitution in action. If there is any bright spot, it could be that the voting public may be more careful in the future about just handing over the majority to the 'other' party. Perhaps we'll learn to LEARN more about the other party's true intentions before handing them the keys to the castle with our votes.

Were we to vote more with our minds, and less with blind Hope, we might not have created this situation for ourselves in the first place.

We can conclude that politicians like to spend. Surprise-surprise.
And we can conclude when the spending involves for common folks, the small rallies are much louder.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:19 AM on j-body.org
WOW..... Am I the only one that see's fault in this....

Quote:

The representatives of the people have spoken. While their actions may not reflect the majority of the people's wishes, it is indeed our Contstitution in action

the REPRESENTATIVES of the PEOPLE have spoken. While there ACTIONS may NOT REFLECT THE MAJORITY of the people WISHES..........................

um.... they why do we have them dude!?

think mcfly, think.

Chirs

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:26 AM on j-body.org
Such is how many simpletons miss the fact that this is a republic,and not a democracy. As such, I'll try to keep this as simple as possible:

The people, especially as of late, are largely incapable of electing a Congress based on actual candidates' agenda and intentions. They treated the recent elections more like a popularity contest. They were pretty ragged off at the Republicans, so they voted with their hearts instead of their minds. As such, they elected enough Democrats to Congress to allow this bill to be passed. They got what they asked for, even if it isn't what they actually wanted.

In terms you can perhaps more easily understand: they done fcuked up, and now they know it.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:12 PM on j-body.org
?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:52 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Such is how many simpletons miss the fact that this is a republic,and not a democracy. As such, I'll try to keep this as simple as possible:

The people, especially as of late, are largely incapable of electing a Congress based on actual candidates' agenda and intentions. They treated the recent elections more like a popularity contest. They were pretty ragged off at the Republicans, so they voted with their hearts instead of their minds. As such, they elected enough Democrats to Congress to allow this bill to be passed. They got what they asked for, even if it isn't what they actually wanted.

In terms you can perhaps more easily understand: they done fcuked up, and now they know it.

i gotta agree with this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search