na, na, hey, hey, goodbye... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
na, na, hey, hey, goodbye...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:09 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

D.C. sniper Muhammad executed for 2002 attacks
By DENA POTTER (AP)

JARRATT, Va. — John Allen Muhammad, the mastermind behind the sniper attacks that left 10 dead, was executed Tuesday as relatives of the victims watched, reliving the killing spree that terrorized the Washington, D.C., area for three weeks in October 2002.

The 48-year-old Muhammad looked calm and stoic, but was twitching and blinking, tapping his left foot as the injections began, defiant to the end, refusing to utter any final words. Victims' families sat behind glass while watching, separated from the rest of the 27 witnesses, who were quiet, looking straight forward, intent on what was happening.

"He died very peacefully, much more than most of his victims," said Prince William County prosecutor Paul Ebert, who witnessed Muhammad die by injection at 9:11 p.m. at Greensville Correctional Center, south of Richmond.

Muhammad was executed for killing Dean Harold Meyers, who was shot in the head at a Manassas gas station during the spree across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Nelson Rivera, whose wife, Lori Ann Lewis-Rivera, was gunned down as she vacuumed her van at a Maryland gas station, said that when he watched Muhammad's chest moving for the last time, he was glad.

"I feel better. I think I can breathe better," he said. "I'm glad he's gone because he's not going to hurt anyone else."

Muhammad never testified or explained why he directed the shootings, and his secrets died with him.

Meyers' brother, Bob Meyers, said watching the execution was sobering and "surreal."

"I would have liked him at some point in the process to take responsibility, to show remorse," Meyers said. "We didn't get any of that tonight."

J. Wyndal Gordon, one of Muhammad's attorneys, described his client in his final hours as fearless and still insisting he was innocent.

"He will die with dignity — dignity to the point of defiance," Gordon said before going inside to witness the execution.

Victim after victim was shot down while doing everyday chores: shopping, pumping gas, mowing the lawn. One child was shot while walking into his middle school.

The terror ended on Oct. 24, 2002, when police captured Muhammad and his teenage accomplice, Lee Boyd Malvo, while they slept at a Maryland rest stop in a car they had outfitted for a shooter to perch in its trunk without being detected.

Malvo, who was 17 when carrying out the attacks, was sentenced to life in prison without parole for killing Linda Franklin, a 47-year-old FBI analyst who was shot as she and her husband loaded supplies at a Home Depot in Falls Church, Va.

The men also were suspected of fatal shootings in other states, including Louisiana, Alabama and Arizona.

The U.S. Supreme Court turned down Muhammad's final appeal Monday, and Gov. Timothy M. Kaine denied clemency Tuesday.

Muhammad's attorneys had asked Kaine to commute his sentence to life in prison because they said Muhammad had brain damage and neurological problems, as well as psychotic and delusional behavior, exacerbated by the Gulf War Syndrome he suffered as a sergeant in the first Iraq war.

"I think crimes that are this horrible, you just can't understand them, you can't explain them," said Kaine, a Democrat known for carefully considering death penalty cases. "They completely dwarf your ability to look into the life of a person who would do something like this and understand why."

A small group of death penalty opponents gathered on a grassy area near the prison and had a sign reading, "We remember the victims, but not with more killing."

Muhammad was born John Allen Williams and changed his name after converting to Islam. He had been in and out of the military since he graduated from high school in Louisiana and entered the National Guard. He joined the Army in 1985. He did not take special sniper training but earned an expert rating in the M-16 rifle — the military cousin of the .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle used in the D.C. shootings.

The motive for the attacks remains murky. Malvo said Muhammad wanted to extort $10 million from the government to set up a camp in Canada where homeless children would be trained as terrorists. Muhammad's ex-wife said she believes they were a smoke screen for his plan to kill her and regain custody of their three children.

Sonia Hollingsworth-Wills, the mother of Conrad Johnson, the last man slain that October, sat in the back seat of a car outside the prison before the execution, which she chose not to witness. But she said she wanted to be there and was counting the minutes until Muhammad's death.

"It was the most horrifying day of my life," she said. "I'll never get complete closure but at least I can put this behind me."

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Re: na, na, hey, hey, goodbye...
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:21 AM on j-body.org
Good riddance.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:01 AM on j-body.org
this is why all states need to have the death penalty.....so people like this arent kept and given 3 round meals a day for the rest of their lives...

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 9:08 AM on j-body.org
Sucks nobody ever heard him talk, or explain his actions. He took his motives to the grave unfortunately.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:17 PM on j-body.org
Like most Hodgies, ya know?

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:39 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:this is why all states need to have the death penalty.....so people like this arent kept and given 3 round meals a day for the rest of their lives...

He got 3 rounds for the rest of his life. Just not till his natural death, but till he got put to death!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:40 PM on j-body.org
I still think they should have made him stand in a court yard and had a sniper shoot him to death.

eye for an eye is much more appropriate in these situations. the man killed many innocent people, he did not deserve to die peacefully.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:08 PM on j-body.org
I'm still a fan of the "electric bleachers"!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:13 PM on j-body.org
I like that electric room in Steven kings 'catseye'...except cram a pigs foot in his mouth so he gets no virgins and nubile young boys from glorious Allah.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:37 PM on j-body.org
yes.... they hate pigs..

drip pigs blood all over his hodgie ass!

then shoot him, in the gut, and let him bleed out.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, November 16, 2009 3:50 PM on j-body.org
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:shoot him, in the gut, and let him bleed out.

This.

/Discussion.

Monday, November 16, 2009 4:56 PM on j-body.org

//Re end discussion

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:12 AM on j-body.org
No... They REALLY HATE PIGS...

Cant go on to the afterlife and all...

Death By rounds diped in pig blood, to the lower gut...

Chris

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:48 AM on j-body.org
it's Hadji.

uh hyuk, i'm 'merkan and all arab people are cawled haaaawdgeeeeeeee

this is why everyone hates us.

well this and the mcrib.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:03 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

hodgie - 2 definitions - Considered one of the most insulting things to call an Iraqi person. The title “Hodge” means a person has pursued ...

It's fun to feed them the 'mcrib' MRE...

Then tell them...

and then listen to everyone bitch how KIDS (18-20 Year olds.) are being mean.

LOL

anywho..

give them pig product!

Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search