Conservatives Praise Obama's Nobel Speech - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Conservatives Praise Obama's Nobel Speech
Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:39 PM on j-body.org
In a world jam-packed with partisan divisiveness, an occasional bright spot emerges:

Conservatives Praise Obama's Nobel Speech

I think this is kind of cool. What are everyone else's thoughts?

Re: Conservatives Praise Obama's Nobel Speech
Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:43 PM on j-body.org
I like what the o e guy said: if bush had said those things, the world would be filled with violent denunciations, but when Obama sys them, people purr. Lol.

Well I was wrong about Obama. He's actually a foreign policy guru and shall save his people from their sins.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, December 11, 2009 1:18 AM on j-body.org
OBAMA SUCKS
Friday, December 11, 2009 5:06 AM on j-body.org
another great post by wiezer walley

i didnt get a chance to read all of it. i read the first part. and it wasn't to bad. looks like he heard allot of the people questioning giving it to someone who has just started the journey instead of ending it. from what i read it wasn't bad. but it was more a thank you and im going to try and make this happen versus some type of policy speach so it shouldn't really piss to many people off besides those people that just hate him in general no matter what he does. as refrence above.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, December 11, 2009 5:18 AM on j-body.org
biased source

Friday, December 11, 2009 8:55 AM on j-body.org
^ lol, made my day.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Friday, December 11, 2009 8:58 AM on j-body.org
He still accepted it.

Conceded it was, and I wonder who put his name in the hat anyway.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Friday, December 11, 2009 2:21 PM on j-body.org
J03Y wrote:biased source

You think so? Yahoo is biased?

Help me out here...which way do they swing? I've always found Yahoo items to be rather middling, not leaning hard one way or the other...

Friday, December 11, 2009 4:31 PM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:another great post by wiezer walley.
X2. I'm betting on that being a macro on his computer with the number of times I've seen that here.

Friday, December 11, 2009 11:16 PM on j-body.org
I'm betting he called it biased sources - lampooning bill's habit of calling websites biased. No self described news outlet is really truly unbiased, so screaming BIAS doesn't pro e anything. Denouncing the info as lies and then bacing up the denunciation it altogether different.

Friday, December 11, 2009 11:45 PM on j-body.org
lulz. If you think the sources YOU generally cite can be considered in the same class as Yahoo's benign stories like this one, well...the cluelessness continues.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:09 AM on j-body.org
The clueless ess bill, is that if the site is operated by a conservative group, or simply declares itself to have a conservative agenda, you immediately write it off as biased, manipulative, and altogether un newsworthy.

Your poo-poo of the stories, whatever they are, nearlyalways is an attack on the site or the writer/reporter. I can't remember recently, you actually debunking a story. What well see though, is a repetitive mantra of "biased source". "rightie hack writer" "manipulative clip"....that sort of thing.

If these "biased unnewsworthy" stories are lies, then why aren't they being proved as lies? Why is the defacto defense a three pronged attack of: 1) ignore it hoping it goes away. 2) when it doesn't, attack the messenger. 3) latch onto a technicality that is irrelevant, but which can be used to show the author is a big fat liar. (...when what was actually served was shrimp, not crab)

Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:04 AM on j-body.org
Moderate Voice of the People wrote:
J03Y wrote:biased source

You think so? Yahoo is biased?

Help me out here...which way do they swing? I've always found Yahoo items to be rather middling, not leaning hard one way or the other...

Using your previous logic....show me a right leaning website that is covering this "story".

Saturday, December 12, 2009 12:40 PM on j-body.org
You appear to be thinking there are only two possibilities...left or right. However, to us in the middle, it's not that simple. There is a middle road, and Yahoo tends to run that path.

In terms of comparing prevailing bias, I have yet to see any of the rightie-sites usually quoted here come anywhere near Yahoo in terms of benign, non-extreme news stories told from moderate points of view by non-extremist authors.

Without a doubt, a good part of the news media leans left. Just not ALL of it
Were the rightsters here to use moderate sites like Yahoo more often, and perhaps even cite stories from them, they'd hear less objection and/or counterpoint from me for sure. I'm just about fair and balanced. Every story has two sides...some even have three

Saturday, December 12, 2009 12:46 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:The clueless ess bill, is that if the site is operated by a conservative group, or simply declares itself to have a conservative agenda, you immediately write it off as biased, manipulative, and altogether un newsworthy.

I think the problem here is that you tend to frequent the more extreme right sites that can make folks like me in the middle just roll our eyes when we see them. Sure, they are a comfortable place for you to hang out, but I think you may be too familar with them by now...you just don't realize anymore how slanted they are.

One of your favorites appears to be biggovernment.com. It is very far right, almost militantly so, and just not taken that seriously in intellectual circles.

Were you to present something from a less-radical site that still has a conservative slant, I'd be less compelled to counter it. I would hope such sites exist...if you find one, hell, please do show it off here. I'd really feel better about Republicanism if I saw some sites such as this.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 2:08 PM on j-body.org
Moderate Voice of the People wrote:You appear to be thinking there are only two possibilities...left or right. However, to us in the middle, it's not that simple. There is a middle road, and Yahoo tends to run that path.

In terms of comparing prevailing bias, I have yet to see any of the rightie-sites usually quoted here come anywhere near Yahoo in terms of benign, non-extreme news stories told from moderate points of view by non-extremist authors.

Without a doubt, a good part of the news media leans left. Just not ALL of it
Were the rightsters here to use moderate sites like Yahoo more often, and perhaps even cite stories from them, they'd hear less objection and/or counterpoint from me for sure. I'm just about fair and balanced. Every story has two sides...some even have three

I was merely using your logic in the Safe School Czar thread to show me a "righty" site reporting this, since you needed a "lefty" site reporting that to confirm whether it had merit or not.

Have you happened to look-up the sites that are "reporting" on this "story"? They all seem to be "lefty" sites. So in one thread, you say it's a biased source because they have "righty" tendencies, yet only "lefty" sites report about this one and it automatically has merit. Regardless of whether you think yahoo is moderate in coverage(which I somewhat agree depending on the story/reporter), it shows you seem to only find truth in reports from anything other than a "right leaning" site.

I patiently await your condescending reply

Saturday, December 12, 2009 3:26 PM on j-body.org
Aww, it's only condescending if you let yourself feel inferior as a result. Stand up tall, don't feel put upon, this is Politics man! Check the feelings at the door, and let your ego unfurl. I do.

Now, I do like your observation. If this is a story that's indeed been only on leftie-sites, and not on righty-sites, then it could well seem to be biased in the left direction. And, who would blame rightie-sites for not wishing to report that their icons actually agreed with the president for once. Horrors! Quash that sh!t QUICK! lol

However, and this is where the most important part comes in...when offered to people on Yahoo, this story comes off not as left-slanted. It comes off as middling. Even cheery. Feelgood stuff. Yahoo tends to avoid politics as front page news unless it is like this...easily digestible by the majority of their users, and perhaps even a nice handshake among rivals. They are very careful to not piss anyone off, for they have a lot of left AND right leaning users.

So, attacking the site as biased...doesn't flesh out. Attacking the story as Liberal slanted because it didn't hit any right sites: there's that "us or them" mentality again. There truly is a middle

Note: When the reporting is about direct quotes attributed to Conservative politicians, like this one...it's pretty hard to slant that. What they said is what was reported. Perhaps the only real reason it didn't end up being skewered on a right-site is just that...they could not spin this at all, so they just left it alone. And you wonder why I call those sites propagandist...this shows perfectly how they are choosing EXACTLY what to feed you. I'm here to tell you...it ain't a balanced diet!

Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:18 PM on j-body.org
Intellectual circles bill? Pray tell what ring of fire are you circling?
Sorry if the winecork-sniffing crowd harrumphs... I don't care. And just for giggles, I for one would finally like to hear specifically what makes you moderate. Not some creamed-corn babyfood applesauce answer. $&@! I'm getting pissed already just thinking about your answer, which will be some opaque generality about how there's more than just two sides...etc. Yeah I get that.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 10:40 PM on j-body.org
Ooo...no no, you tell me what I really am, 'cuz I can already see that's where you're going. Cut to the chase! I dare ya!

Make it fast though...there's a thread here, and its title isn't "The World According To Scotta"!

Sunday, December 13, 2009 8:22 AM on j-body.org
No I would actually like to hear what your true views are Bill. That will decide how moderate you are. I know deflection is one of your best weapons and for someone who is riled up it works but I want to actually hear your points. Since we should all demand fact and truth. I want your facts and what you hold to be truths.

I accidentally the SHIFT LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig
Sunday, December 13, 2009 3:10 PM on j-body.org
You should then start up a new thread about "Finding Bill Hahn's True Beliefs"

As an egoist, I promise to participate.

=============================

So, what is it about conservative icons stating their agreement with the President that has you righties so riled up anyway? Why didn't htese quotres also get reported on a rightie-site? Were they not "quotey" enough?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search