As a Floridian... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: As a Floridian...
Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:30 PM on j-body.org
I find it priceless that Obama criticized Tony Hayward for attending a race his yacht was participating in, seeing how Obama has been golfing (hmmm, wasn't Bush crucified for this before?), had parties, and concerts over the past two months, while doing nothing but shooting down multiple avenues of efforts to contain and clean up the spill before it came near land, and then taking the political opportunity to further his agenda.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:54 AM on j-body.org
It gets better. LOL. Yesterday a reporter questioned Bill Burton during a Whitehouse press briefing as to why it's OK to criticize Tony Hayward for attending a yacht race, but it's fine for Obama to be off golfing. Burton's response was "All the different issues that the president's dealing with, I think that a little bit of time to himself on Father's Day weekend, umm, probably does us all good as American citizens."

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:55 PM on j-body.org
Union hojie!

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:06 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:I find it priceless that Obama criticized Tony Hayward for attending a race his yacht was participating in, seeing how Obama has been golfing (hmmm, wasn't Bush crucified for this before?), had parties, and concerts over the past two months, while doing nothing but shooting down multiple avenues of efforts to contain and clean up the spill before it came near land, and then taking the political opportunity to further his agenda.

QFT

I do not want anyone to complain about oil on land, that is not BP's fault, that is your elected governments fault. i say BP should be off the hook for a good part of this. Besides, BHO owes the company for supporting his party so much.

Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:07 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Jonathan Pike wrote:I'm surprised how dead this topic became.

Are you really? You're in a section where the majority here places business on a pedestal and strongly believes they could never-ever do wrong... ten "Hail Marys" if should ever touch them.

Sorry to have left you on your own against the massed room imperialists, Goodwrench, but real life kind of took over for a while. Nonetheless, there is great truth in your statements, as usual
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Lastly, this is what happens when big oil is so infiltrated in DC, BP had numerous violations and was never reinforced to fix them, you keep this practice of being unchecked in not only big oil, but with any big industry, and you are bound to get a disaster sooner or later. IMO profits over safety is a dangerous road to take that eventually we (the public) all have to take the hit; and this is an example of it.

It's ironic, really...just replace the name "oil industry" with "big banking" above, and the statement rings just as true. Funny how the wingnuts are still "blaming" Obama for having inherited the horrific task of cleaning up that mess too.
sndsgood wrote:actually since someone came into the war forum and made it a waste to post in most of us have just avoided this forum in general.
has nothing to do with being for big business or anything to that effect.

Wow, put some Neosporin on those wounds, kid...they just won't heal!

Friday, July 09, 2010 4:01 AM on j-body.org
no wounds. was just pointing out why its been so quiet in here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, July 10, 2010 8:15 AM on j-body.org
LOL. Looks like he's back to make a useless mess out of every thread with weak childish insults, and unsubstantiated claims of victory over anyone who dares to argue with him.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:04 AM on j-body.org
Don't bother addressing my points, RWE. Just lay on the floor and cry, just like you have every other time I've handed you your ass!

Ah, I can see this remains a fun barrel. I just wish the fish were a little more lively when I take aim...

Sunday, July 11, 2010 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Don't bother addressing my points, RWE. Just lay on the floor and cry, just like you have every other time I've handed you your ass!

Ah, I can see this remains a fun barrel. I just wish the fish were a little more lively when I take aim...
LOL. You have no useful points, and you've never handed anyone but yourself their ass. You are the biggest fool in this forum, and you're so blind and thick-headed that you can't see past your own need to make another childish post. The fact that you dug up another thread where yet another person said basically the same thing about you, and respond to them weeks later, is just more proof of your need to be a dumb ass. But welcome back, I'm sure everyone has been getting bored of having adult level conversations here. You can feel all mighty and great about yourself by running everyone back out of the War Forum.

You make no one cry. You merely make more of a fool of yourself than anyone else ever could, and all the while twisting your arm trying to pat yourself on the back. Face it. You're simply a pathetic old man who makes himself feel better by throwing puerile insults around an online forum.

Respond to this in whatever useless way you feel like, and tell yourself that you've handed me my ass again, and you got the last word. Because now that you're in here, this thread is going to end up utterly useless.

Monday, July 12, 2010 5:55 AM on j-body.org
Aww, poor RWE can't handle the WAR Forum, so he keeps crying and screaming through his tears. Still waiting for you to do something, ANYTHING more! As we all know you will not, I'll fix it for you.

I'm also a Floridian (yes RWE, this thread is actually not about you, or your whining about being beat down every time you take me on!), and I am concerned about the oil spill too. However, I feel it's all part of the learning process regarding offshore drilling. Sometimes, the best lessons are learned via the most dramatic failures; witness the Space Shuttle explosion and how it taught us to improve the design of the solid rocket booster seals.

Should BP carry all the weight of the cost to clean it up? Only if it does not cripple the corporation to the extent that it becomes unprofitable and/or bankrupt.

With any luck, as a result of this catastrophe, new technologies are being developed to prevent the recurrence of such a horrific event in the future.

Have at, RWE. Let your life's frustrations inspire you to try, in vain, to transfer your aggression to someone else. It's damned fun to watch!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:31 PM on j-body.org
stop trollin grandpa

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:22 PM on j-body.org
Well, no, not a Grandpa yet. At 48, my kids are still too young to have given me grandchildren!

But if you have nothing left to play but that "old" card, then thank you for again demonstrating how much you suck at this.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 6:28 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Aww, poor RWE can't handle the WAR Forum, so he keeps crying and screaming through his tears. Still waiting for you to do something, ANYTHING more! As we all know you will not, I'll fix it for you.

I'm also a Floridian (yes RWE, this thread is actually not about you, or your whining about being beat down every time you take me on!), and I am concerned about the oil spill too. However, I feel it's all part of the learning process regarding offshore drilling. Sometimes, the best lessons are learned via the most dramatic failures; witness the Space Shuttle explosion and how it taught us to improve the design of the solid rocket booster seals.

Should BP carry all the weight of the cost to clean it up? Only if it does not cripple the corporation to the extent that it becomes unprofitable and/or bankrupt.

With any luck, as a result of this catastrophe, new technologies are being developed to prevent the recurrence of such a horrific event in the future.

Have at, RWE. Let your life's frustrations inspire you to try, in vain, to transfer your aggression to someone else. It's damned fun to watch!

thats actually a good responce. if you left out the whole RWE responce then we could really get into some good discussion and debates. lets try and get more responces and less personal attacks and we can have some good discussions.

one of my concerns is everyone wanting to attack BP and sue them for evey dime they have may just push them going into bankruptcy which i believe they could do in England whic would likely be more leniant on them then the U.S. would be and then where would everyone be.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:38 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:one of my concerns is everyone wanting to attack BP and sue them for evey dime they have may just push them going into bankruptcy which i believe they could do in England whic would likely be more leniant on them then the U.S. would be and then where would everyone be.
My biggest concern is seeing the Federal Government impede early efforts to contain the spill, then strong-arming BP into paying through the teeth for the massive clean up once it's out of control. There is a legal limit on damage responsibility for this type of thing, but after allowing the spill to become far larger of a mess than it should have been, the administration squeezed over 200 times that amount out of them.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:57 AM on j-body.org
Interesting. You accuse the administration of "allowing the the spill to become far larger of a mess than it should have been?" I'd like to understand more about the basis of this statement.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:12 PM on j-body.org
Not bringing in foreign aid when it was offered, stopping Jindal from protecting his coast line. Come on, even msnbc had to cover some of this.. wait good point, the administration is censoring this one...

Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:33 AM on j-body.org
msnbc, FOX, you name it...I don't watch TV news. Have not in some time...it's all a crock of sh!t designed to program people's minds.

Would there be some dependable source of information illustrating how the administration allegedly "allowed the spill to become far larger of a mess than it should have been"? We could start with establishing what it "should" have been. I think that in and of itself will be a rather difficult task, since this is a relatively unprecedented occurrence....but it's the only logical comparative starting point for backing up accusations of "making it worse".

Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:51 PM on j-body.org
Just a note: even though I asked RWE over a day ago to back up his allegations above, he instead ignores this thread while playing pissyfest elsewhere. I'm not surprised.

I await his lame rationalization about why he prefers to avoid substantive conversation in favor of pulling my hair and slapping me in the other threads.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:10 PM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Jonathan Pike wrote:I'm surprised how dead this topic became.

Are you really? You're in a section where the majority here places business on a pedestal and strongly believes they could never-ever do wrong... ten "Hail Marys" if should ever touch them.

Sorry to have left you on your own against the massed room imperialists, Goodwrench, but real life kind of took over for a while. Nonetheless, there is great truth in your statements, as usual
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Lastly, this is what happens when big oil is so infiltrated in DC, BP had numerous violations and was never reinforced to fix them, you keep this practice of being unchecked in not only big oil, but with any big industry, and you are bound to get a disaster sooner or later. IMO profits over safety is a dangerous road to take that eventually we (the public) all have to take the hit; and this is an example of it.

It's ironic, really...just replace the name "oil industry" with "big banking" above, and the statement rings just as true. Funny how the wingnuts are still "blaming" Obama for having inherited the horrific task of cleaning up that mess too.

Good to see you are still around Bill!

True Conservative wrote:Not bringing in foreign aid when it was offered, stopping Jindal from protecting his coast line. Come on, even msnbc had to cover some of this.. wait good point, the administration is censoring this one...

Not bringing foreign aid? Really who told you this... link please. Hell, Taiwan brought in the "The Whale" and it was just about useless as it sits on the dock.
Stopping Jindal? The man was all bark as he is the opposing party to the one in charge, are you really that gullible to buy into it? Army Core and the US Coast guard was there in the instant WHEN British Petroleum said... we have it out of our control. Lesson learn? Don't believe Big Oil business, no?
Censoring? Who WAS pushing for the censorship? Come on why does nobody speak on that? Oh that's right it portrays big-oil business in a dim light. Here you go, I even put it with your "unbiased" FOX news as that's what the majority in this section just swears by:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=219390&t=219390

Chris Rock said it best @ 6:00

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 9:02 PM on j-body.org
True Conservative wrote:In case you missed it fox news wasn't my source, but lets google it

Want censorship news, try CNN

And for big business, BP is a democrat sponsoring company thrown under the bus by the party they support

No one said FOX was your source. Nonetheless, if you do watch FOX, you're a brain-dead sheep for not seeing they are just playing your wing-nuttiness for easy ratings and resultant huge advertiser money.

Who the @!#$ cares about CNN.

I'm sure whatever you found about democrats and BP is useless wingnut propaganda, which of course is why you lap it up like a starving dog.

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:32 PM on j-body.org
So how about this?
BP & UCAL via huffington

or this
real through the liberal talking points, the truth is within

How wing but could these be considered, and if you have a better source for *truth* please post it up for us all to see bill

Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:43 AM on j-body.org
Frankly, I have disconnected from the information grid as of late. I've not had a television set since I moved to Florida some six months ago, and I do not frequent internet sites. As such, I don't have any sources to suggest. I'm taking a break from it all for a while, perhaps forever. I'm seriously disillusioned in that I do not think I can find objective information anywhere in this day and age. My centrism and pragmatism will guide me.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 10:06 AM on j-body.org
I'm sure whatever you found about democrats and BP is useless wingnut propaganda, which of course is why you lap it up like a starving dog -Billhahn.

You didn't even click the links....read the info....you don't, by your own admission, watch the news. That must mean the opinions expressed by Billhahn jr are the sole expressed opinions of his own asss, and do not reflect the views of the human race.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:36 PM on j-body.org
True Conservative wrote:In case you missed it fox news wasn't my source, but lets google it

If the Dutch skimming boats works like the most advanced and biggest ship in the world: "The Whale"... You can keep it. Avoid the cost of bringing the paper weight over here.
Also take note that part of the problem is the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act. This act is a piece of protectionist legislation which requires that all goods transported by water between U.S. ports be carried in U.S.-flag ships, constructed in the United States, owned by U.S. citizens, and crewed by U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents. The provisions of this act make it illegal for the Dutch to come to our aid.

True Conservative wrote:
Want censorship news, try CNN

Do we not see the link I just showed? Do we not take note on the date when this all stated early June vs your CNN report of early July? Do we not see where the root of the problem was coming from?
Here it is a again:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=219390&t=219390

True Conservative wrote:
And for big business, BP is a democrat sponsoring company thrown under the bus by the party they support

And BP has sponsored your friendly Conservative/Republican candidates as well.
Sorry to break it to you, but when there is capital involved, believe me someone will benefit from it.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search