Hispanics Fleeing Arizona, weeks before new law takes effect! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hispanics Fleeing Arizona, weeks before new law takes effect!
Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:22 AM on j-body.org
This from AOL news- by the christian science monitor

Hispanics abandon Arizona, fleeing economy, immigration law
Buzz up!864 votes Send
Email IM .Share
Facebook Twitter Delicious Digg Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks .Print .. AP – Judy Schulz, front, cheers as her husband Richard Schulz, left, both of Glendale, Ariz., as they joined …
. Slideshow:Immigration Reform Debate .
Play Video Video:Raw Video: Rally in support of new Ariz. law AP .
Play Video Video:Arizona Gov. encouraged following Obama meeting AP .
By Husna Haq Husna Haq – Thu Jun 10, 7:14 pm ET
Arizona’s hard-hitting immigration law is driving Hispanics out of the state weeks before the controversial law goes into effect.

Although concrete figures are not available, anecdotal evidence suggests Hispanics, both legal residents and illegal immigrants, are starting to flee.

Schools in Hispanic neighborhoods are reporting abnormal enrollment drops, and businesses that serve Hispanics also report that business is down, according to a USA Today report published Wednesday.

The report suggests that the immigration law is compounding demographic trends that have already significantly curtailed illegal immigration during the past two years. The bad economy has been the primary deterrent to many Hispanic immigrants seeking to enter Arizona, says Jeffrey Passel, a demographer at the Pew Hispanic Center in Washington.

“If you have a bad economy and a hostile environment, then that’s likely to cause people to think twice about coming, and possibly even to leave,” Mr. Passel says.

Arizona’s new immigration law requires that police conducting routine traffic stops or other checks ask people about their immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion" that they're in the country illegally.

The law also makes it a state crime to be in the country illegally or to disrupt traffic when hiring day laborers, regardless of a worker's immigration status. It would also become a crime for illegal immigrants to solicit work.

Critics contend the law could lead to racial profiling of Hispanics. It could also force an exodus of scared immigrants – legal and illegal. Nearly 100,000 illegal immigrants left Arizona after it passed a 2007 law that penalized businesses that hired them, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

The importance of the economy

Yet the economy is a far more powerful factor in immigration, says David Gutierrez, a professor of immigration history, at the University of California San Diego.

Arizona’s immigrant population, which is more than 90 percent Mexican, has already been leveling off for two years now, due to the recession.

“The economy is always the primary factor in determining migration flows,” says Professor Gutierrez. “It might appear as if these laws are turning back demographic tide in Arizona, but economic forces are a much more important aspect of that development recently.”

The Pew Hispanic Center reports a 40 to 45 percent drop in people coming to the US from Mexico, says Passel. That’s supported by data on border apprehensions, which have dropped 25 percent for two years in a row, he adds.

What’s more, more Hispanics have been leaving Arizona since the recession began.

A recent Census report suggests roughly 40,000 Hispanics left the state in 2008.

Leaving Arizona, going where?

Where are they going?

About 450,000 Mexicans return to Mexico from around the world, but “those numbers have been flat as a pancake for three years now,” Passel says.

It’s more likely, they’re migrating within the US, says Gutierrez.

“It’s got to be an exceedingly difficult decision [to leave],” he says. “Once they return to Mexico, it’s much harder to come back. It’s much more likely we’re seeing internal migration.”

Most Hispanics who flee Arizona will join friends, family, or other Hispanic communities in California, Texas, New Mexico, and other states with large Hispanic populations.
For his part, Gutierrez is skeptical of claims that the law will begin an exodus. “I don’t see a historical trend that has been in place for 100 years will be reversed because you’ve got a few hyper-conservative white legislators trying to turn back the clock, turn back the tides of history.”

Any loss, however, will be a loss for the Arizona economy, Gutierrez suggests.

“Latinos...are a highly flexible, highly exploitable work force, a buffer to economic downturns,” he says. “Many of the industries here – agriculture, service industries, low-end manufacturing, construction – are massively dependent on undocumented workers.

“If I were able to conduct an experiment and pay all of Arizona’s undocumented workers to not work for two weeks, the economy would come to a screeching, crashing halt instantaneously.”[/i

Arizona's economy may take a short term hit, but the long term payoff will be worth it. Short waits in the emergency rooms, welfare rolls reduced, crime reduced, smaller prison populations, and ultimately, fewer flannel shirts and wifebeater shirts polluting the streets.

No wonder california, texas, and new mexico are against this law....guess who's coming to dinner at their house?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Hispanics Fleeing Arizona, weeks before new law takes effect!
Saturday, June 12, 2010 7:45 PM on j-body.org

Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:43 PM on j-body.org
Yes

Monday, June 14, 2010 7:04 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Any loss, however, will be a loss for the Arizona economy, Gutierrez suggests.

“Latinos...are a highly flexible, highly exploitable work force, a buffer to economic downturns,” he says. “Many of the industries here – agriculture, service industries, low-end manufacturing, construction – are massively dependent on undocumented workers.

“If I were able to conduct an experiment and pay all of Arizona’s undocumented workers to not work for two weeks, the economy would come to a screeching, crashing halt instantaneously.”
I'm so sick of hearing this sh!t. For one, everyone needs to stop using the euphemism "undocumented" to refer to illegal immigrants. Secondly, the entire concept of "you need them" in reference to people who are breaking the law, and leaching of our entitlement and medical systems, is such a crock of sh!t it's pathetic that people even repeat it.

This is not racist, it's truth. Latinos are hard workers, and the legal immigrants are a great asset to the country. The illegal ones are not, and people need to stop thinking otherwise.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 5:42 AM on j-body.org
..... This always makes me question things.....

Latinos........ WTF does it have to do with ITALITY?!
Or ROME, Other then being Catholic?

If it has it has to do with being Catholic and of a Latin based Language... are Italian’s\Spanish (from Spain) or even the French, "Latinos"?

Rant over.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 10:24 AM on j-body.org
Latino = originating from Latin America

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:56 AM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:..... This always makes me question things.....

If it has it has to do with being Catholic and of a Latin based Language... are Italian’s\Spanish (from Spain) or even the French, "Latinos"?

Rant over.

Chris

Yes, technically and by world standards you are indeed correct. Spaniards, Italians, Portuguese, Brazilian, Greeks, South Americans, Central Americans, Sardinians are in fact "Latinos." Basically the Mediterranean area will be included in that category. It stems back with the Latin language to then later spread the vernacular dialects known as French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Portuguese, Greek today.
It is the sheer ignorance of the US as they try to rewrite the definition to an example of a latino being a five foot, brown human, usually central American decent that only speaks Spanish. At least that's what the US Census in conjunction with media is portraying.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:13 PM on j-body.org
KK

Just wanted to be sure I was not the only one that saw it that way.

But then, based on this, they are of "Caucasian" descent. (Caucasians being the tribe that settled in to Italy to latter make Rome.)

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 4:35 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:

This is not racist, it's truth. Latinos are hard workers, and the legal immigrants are a great asset to the country. The illegal ones are not, and people need to stop thinking otherwise.

couldnt say it any better myself.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:32 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:KK

Just wanted to be sure I was not the only one that saw it that way.

But then, based on this, they are of "Caucasian" descent. (Caucasians being the tribe that settled in to Italy to latter make Rome.)

Chris

I think you are talking about the Moors or Moops that were mostly Arab and North African descendants that migrated to what we know the Mediternian areas. And yes, you are indeed correct, they are technically considered Caucation as they are distinguished by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India.
Now the ones that lived on Northern Europe or Scandinavian area original named Aryan race classified by pink/ light white complexion, yellow blonde or red hair characteristics and light eyes. They eventually crossed the Baltic Sea migrated south to meet up with Southern Europe. This was the group where Adolf Hitler thought that the Aryan race was superior, the only race worthy enough to exist and to him was considered the best race.
Ironically, there are many people in the US that continue the same philosophy.

Saturday, June 19, 2010 7:00 AM on j-body.org
Even after the 1936 Olympics LOL.

How it was taught to me was that the group of people that moved from southern russia\prussia in to Italy were called Caucasians. But this was some time ago.

Chris

Saturday, June 19, 2010 8:51 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
INFIDEL wrote:..... This always makes me question things.....

Rant over.

Chris

Yes, technically and by world standards you are indeed correct. Spaniards, Italians, Portuguese, Brazilian, Greeks, South Americans, Central Americans, Sardinians are in fact "Latinos." Basically the Mediterranean area will be included in that category. It stems back with the Latin language to then later spread the vernacular dialects known as French, Spanish, Italian, Romanian, Portuguese, Greek today.
It is the sheer ignorance of the US as they try to rewrite the definition to an example of a latino being a five foot, brown human, usually central American decent that only speaks Spanish. At least that's what the US Census in conjunction with media is portraying.
Actually the term "Latino" was never used to describe people of European decent. It was not a term that was distorted. The term actually comes from South America, originating in the Spanish language there. Talk to someone from that continent who speaks Spanish, and they will tell you it means from their area, not from Europe. They use the term similar to the way we use the term "American". It's who they are, based on where they are from, not their racial heritage.

Saturday, June 19, 2010 10:27 PM on j-body.org
So, then why is are they called "latino"

where dose it term come from if not the Latins\Romans?

Chris

Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:05 AM on j-body.org
It comes from the fact that that region of the world is referred to as Latin America. While the term Latin America does come from the roots of the languages and races of the area, the term "Latino" was not about race or language. The reason the term has been confused in our country is because the largest group of Latinos here are Mexican. However, the terms are not equivalent.

Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:55 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

While the term Latin America does come from the roots of the languages

Yes, but as far as RACE,

They are MUTT'S just like the rest of the America's!

They are a Mix of the people that ran to "people riding deer" and the Conquistadors that raped and murdered them.

I prefer we call "them" Illegals. and that's all we call them, I don't care if they come from Germany, if your here illegality, get out!
Then "race" is not even in the equation.

Chris

Monday, June 21, 2010 1:11 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:
Quote:

While the term Latin America does come from the roots of the languages

Yes, but as far as RACE,

They are MUTT'S just like the rest of the America's!

They are a Mix of the people that ran to "people riding deer" and the Conquistadors that raped and murdered them.

I prefer we call "them" Illegals. and that's all we call them, I don't care if they come from Germany, if your here illegality, get out!
Then "race" is not even in the equation.

Chris

You are correct on all accounts. Latins' culture consist of all races, white, black, yellow, they also have all types religions Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims. To simplify and then classify them as one or "only" like we do here, is utter ridiculous &/or ignorance.

R.W.E. of the J.B.O wrote:Actually the term "Latino" was never used to describe people of European decent.

Actually... no. That's only in the USA.

Quote:

The term actually comes from South America, originating in the Spanish language there.

No again. What Chris and I are going by is from root and how the rest of the world uses it.

Quote:

Talk to someone from that continent who speaks Spanish, and they will tell you it means from their area, not from Europe.They use the term similar to the way we use the term "American". It's who they are, based on where they are from, not their racial heritage.

And no again, in South America for example, they will tell you the country they are from first. Then they will tell you their descendants, usually the popular are either European, Asian, Native Indian, or African. They will also tell you that they are American, which technically they are.

Monday, June 21, 2010 6:18 PM on j-body.org
LOL. Goodwrench, you'll argue anything as if you are somehow more educated than the rest of the world.

Here, take your pick of sources:

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/mexicanamerica/glossary.html
Quote:

People with roots in the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking Americas today increasingly identify themselves as Latino.

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/Latino
Quote:

1: someone from Mexico, Central America, or South America who speaks Spanish or Portuguese

2: a citizen of the US whose family was originally from Mexico, Central America, or South America

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/latino
Quote:

1: a native or inhabitant of Latin America
2 : a person of Latin-American origin living in the United States

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Latino
Quote:

1. A Latin American.
2. A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, often one living in the United States.

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861625167/latino.html
Quote:

1. somebody from Latin America: somebody who comes from a country of Latin America

2. Latin American living in U.S.: somebody of Latin American descent who comes from the United States

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Latino
Quote:

Latino refers to people living in the US of Latin American nationality and their US-born descendants. Latin America refers to countries in South America and North America (including Central America and the islands of the Caribbean) whose inhabitants mostly speak Romance languages, although Native American languages are also spoken there. Most frequently the term Latino is restricted to immigrants from either Spanish or Portuguese speaking countries and their descendants, but the French-speaking areas of Haiti, French Guiana, and the French West Indies may also be included as Latinos.
A person of Hispanic, especially Latin-American, descent, living in the United States. The feminine form of the word is Latina. "Latino" is a shortened form of the Spanish word for a Latin American individual, "latinoamericano."

And there you have it. The word is derived from a term in the Spanish language to describe someone from that region. The confusion, if you research it a little, comes from the fact that "Latin American" has two meanings. One would be someone of Latin racial origin that is living in the US (same as African American), and the second would be someone from Latin America.

Monday, June 21, 2010 8:27 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:LOL. Goodwrench, you'll argue anything as if you are somehow more educated than the rest of the world.

Here, take your pick of sources:

There you go, confusing people... just because you don't know any better.
Hey dumbfuck, thank-you for proving my point on what the US uses.
But being the illiterate son of bitch that you are, you (in your words) fail to understand the root of a words just to accommodate yours and the US ignorance.

Allow me to use the same sources so you have a chance to comprehend. Oh and by the way adding in Latin, Catalan, or Spanish an "o" describes masculine, an "a" feminine portrayal.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/collections/mexicanamerica/glossary.html
Quote:

Latino: People with roots in the Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking Americas today increasingly identify themselves as Latino. It is a term most commonly used within the United States to unite this ethnically and culturally diverse population. In order to disown the legacy of colonialism, this broader term is sometimes used as a replacement for Hispanic.

Not Spanish speaking only.

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/american/Latin
Quote:

1. the language that people spoke in ancient Rome. Modern European languages such as Italian, Spanish, and French developed from it. 2. someone from a European country such as Italy or Spain whose language developed from Latin

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/latin
Quote:

Etymology: Middle English, from Old English, from Latin Latinus, from Latium, ancient country of Italy
1 a : of, relating to, or composed in Latin b : romance
2 : of or relating to Latium or the Latins
3 : of or relating to the part of the Catholic Church that until recently used a Latin rite and forms the patriarchate of the pope
4 : of or relating to the peoples or countries using Romance languages; specifically : of or relating to the peoples or countries of Latin America

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Latin
Quote:

a. The Indo-European language of the ancient Latins and Romans and the most important cultural language of western Europe until the end of the 17th century.
b. The Latin language and literature from the end of the third century b.c. to the end of the second century a.d.
a. A member of a Latin people, especially a native or inhabitant of Latin America.
b. A Latino or Latina.
3. A native or resident of ancient Latium.
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or composed in Latin: a Latin scholar; Latin verse.
a. Of or relating to ancient Rome, its people, or its culture.
b. Of or relating to Latium, its people, or its culture.
3. Of or relating to the languages that developed from Latin, such as Italian, French, Spanish, and Portuguese, or to the peoples that speak them.
a. Of or relating to the peoples, countries, or cultures of Latin America.
b. Of or relating to Latinos or their culture.
5. Of or relating to the Roman Catholic Church.

http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/features/dictionary/DictionaryResults.aspx?lextype=3&search=Latin <<<< This is MSN, Obama had a hand in that one... no good.
Quote:

1. ancient Roman language: the extinct Indo-European language of ancient Rome and its empire, adopted in medieval Europe as the language of education, culture, religion, and government. The Romance languages developed from Vulgar Latin, and its prominence during medieval times led to Latin-derived words entering the vocabularies of other European languages.
2. somebody from ancient Latium: somebody who came from ancient Latium in west central Italy
3. somebody speaking Romance language: somebody who speaks a language derived from Latin, especially somebody living in Latin America or southern Europe

http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Latin
Quote:

After the collapse of the Roman Empire, Latin evolved into the various Romance languages. These were for many centuries only spoken languages, Latin being still used for writing. (For example, Latin was the official language of Portugal until 1296 when it was replaced by Portuguese.)

The Romance languages evolved from Vulgar Latin, the spoken language of common usage, which in turn evolved from an older speech which also produced the formal classical standard. Latin and Romance differ (for example) in that Romance had distinctive stress, whereas Latin had distinctive length of vowels. In Italian and Sardo logudorese, there is distinctive length of consonants and stress, in Spanish only distinctive stress, and in French even stress is no longer distinctive.

Another major distinction between Romance and Latin is that Romance languages, excluding Romanian, have lost their case endings in most words except for some pronouns. Romanian still has five cases (though the ablative case is no longer represented).

I'll add a couple more too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latins
Quote:

In Europe, the term "Latin" refers to the inhabitants of Latin Europe, which draws from the culture left there by the Roman Empire, thus including the use of a Romance language, and Roman Catholicism or Orthodoxism in case of Romanians.[1] The descendants of these peoples are the ethnic groups Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese, French, Italians, Sicilians, and Corsicans. Latin Europe is distinguishable from Germanic, Slavic and Greek ethno-linguistic influenced Europe.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&defl=en&q=define:latin&sa=X&ei=kSogTILoKoTGlQf88LHRAQ&ved=0CBIQkAE
Quote:

of or relating to the ancient Latins or the Latin language; "Latin verb conjugations"
any dialect of the language of ancient Rome

relating to people or countries speaking Romance languages; "Latin America"
an inhabitant of ancient Latium
a person who is a member of those peoples whose languages derived from Latin

Latin (lingua lătīna, ) is an Italic language originally spoken in Latium and Ancient Rome. With the Roman conquest, Latin was spread to countries around the Mediterranean, including a large part of Europe

And there you have it. The word is derived from Europe to describe someone from Latin derived countries. The confusion, if you research the base a little, comes from the fact that "Latin American" is not the only Latino/a. One would be smart enough to figure out that Latin is not a race but a culture and/ or Heritage.
I understand that being latin is not cool and all... ESPECIALLY in Arizona! But Beaupre, don't be ashamed that your French heritage is derived from.... (gasp) Latin. And being that you claim that you are a male, well... take a read on what I wrote on what letter to finish your ancestry of Latin. Au Revoir Beaupre!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 6:35 AM on j-body.org
Good job. You were able to throw your favorite insult in there of calling someone an illiterate son of a bitch while missing the whole point. Now you want to argue using the definition of a different word, that's priceless. And yes, it's a different word, regardless of it's roots. And yes, I'm fully aware of the "o" and "a" extentions of words in those languages. I've not only studied them, but I've spent a lot of time in Spain and Portugal, not with any kind of trip, but living with Spaniards. However, that term is not a simple extention of the original word. As I pointed out from the last source I quoted, " "Latino" is a shortened form of the Spanish word for a Latin American individual, "latinoamericano.".

What's funny is the fact that you zeroed in on one small part of the previous post I made and centered your idiotic argument around that. Yeah, I said talk to someone who speaks Spanish, but if you read through everything else I've posted, you will see I have pointed out repeatedly that it doesn't matter what the race or language of a parson is that makes them latino, but the term has been confused because of the large number of latinos that are hispanic. I simply made that statement because the word "latinoamericano", which is where the term "latino" came from, originated in Spanish. However, if you're capable of true comprehension, you'll see that from the get-go, I stated that Latino means someone from that area of the world, not of any race or language.

Oh, and really LMAO at the sarcastic statement "This is MSN, Obama had a hand in that one... no good.", seeing as that's a source I used.

But keep throwing the insults around. It's what you do best.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:08 PM on j-body.org
Yes, I get it, you’re a hypocrite… you don’t have to give me examples over and over and over again. I see that you still don’t know the ground that you’re standing on.
Coming form a person who has been traveling the world since age 13 and speaks 3 languages, your words does not exemplify that you have passed your 50 mile radius. I can see your BS, like Sarah Palin can see Russia. Next time save it, as I really don't give a rat's ass on your lies.
Carry on what you do best: a poster child of a hypocrite. A bientot, ya French latin Socialist!

Go ahead respond to make yourself feel better, I quite frankly wipe my rear with your stupidity. I will lastly say; Chris you're correct... and I'll be the bigger man and exit out of this BS.

Oh, I almost forgot: LOLBBQROFLMAOABSUNWTFIIRCLOL.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 7:18 AM on j-body.org
LMAO. Now that you've thrown your other favorite word in here (hypocrite), you're done with your futile argument. And now you've stooped even lower. I'm a liar because I showed you how you're wrong. Your attempts at belittling me when you've been proven wrong are getting more and more desperate, and showing what a child you really are.

And, of course, there's one of the most priceless things of all with you:
Quote:

...your words does not exemplify...
From the moron who continues to throw around the phrase "you illiterate son of a bitch" when he's losing an argument. Good job!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:53 PM on j-body.org
Tangent.........

All I am saying is this, other then fitting in to the political correctness of the term, why do we still use it?

I don’t go around yelling and screaming for everything to be in Celtic or German.... or DEMAND that I be recognized as such, I am content with being known as an American.

Chris

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 4:56 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:Tangent.........

All I am saying is this, other then fitting in to the political correctness of the term, why do we still use it?

I don’t go around yelling and screaming for everything to be in Celtic or German.... or DEMAND that I be recognized as such, I am content with being known as an American.

Chris

Lol Id feel kinda dumb saying I'm and Irish/German/English/Swedish American.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:46 PM on j-body.org
INFIDEL wrote:...why do we still use it?
It's all part of the mentality that by identifying minorities, they can take groups which can be claimed as being discriminated against, and which need extra help, affirmative action style plans, etc....Take your pick on the reasoning, but the mentality is the same. There is always talk about a colorblind society. The government is extremely hypocritical in this matter. Private entities are not allowed to ask race, but damned near every government document is allowed to ask.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:00 PM on j-body.org
god forbid we were just americans. I despise all this sensitivity nonsense. Celebrate your culture the American one that is. If you were born here that is your heritage. celebrate differences, that is what makes us great, but it should never be a question on an application for school for example. The military asked for my race as well. My answer code was Z, I refused to answer. Why should it matter creed or color when you enlist?

I think it just teaches people they are less because they are not white, I only say that because as a non minority (for now) I get nothing in the way of benefit for my skin color or ancestry, so they must be looking at me as the ideal, otherwise why make a issue of it.

When we are kids we look at everyone the same, it is only after indoctrination we see each other as different.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search