U.S. combat mission in Iraq officially over - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: U.S. combat mission in Iraq officially over
Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:15 PM on j-body.org
What weapons of mass destruction ? Must have been BS intel .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "

Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Saddam had used chemical weapons on his own people in mass killings. He refused access to his country's facilities for UN inspectors and did everything in his power to make it seem like he was doing things he was not supposed to, as in developing WMD's. After he was captured, he addmitted that he did it all as a ploy so that Iraq would not look weak in the eyes of Iran (since the two don't exactly see eye to eye). So yes, bad intel, but at the same time, Saddam made it difficult to argue against the fact that he was not attempting to develop WMD's.

Now I don't agree that we should have gone into Irag, look at the mess it caused in Afghanistan, a place where we did have a need to be there. It's 9 years later, and our lack of focus on Afghanistan for those years dealing with Iraq has set us back and allowed Al-Qaeda to regroup. Al-Qaeda was not in Iraq before the war, but saw the opportunity to stir things up after we went in.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Sunday, September 26, 2010 7:04 PM on j-body.org
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:No, a stab at Bush. First of all, I do know that the U.S did not find any WMD's in Iraq meaning thousands of innocent lives we're taken, for nothing. Maybe just a Bush revenge since his father did this in the early 90's without success, don't know.

Quote:

i must just get confused easily, (which wouldn't surprise me) but i knew that that's y the war started.

Bush decided to invade Iraq with the only motive of finding and eliminating Weapons of Mass Destruction (LOL). After a year or so of spending billions and killing people, no WMD's were found so Bush spoke on TV saying that planes, boats etc... were Weapons of mass destruction so every country now have some. (LOL) again.

He then decided to track Saddam Hussein to free their country, needing to give someking a reason for the invasion. Pretty cool.

-Go into office by force in 2000 using his brother... Hey, 9 people selected him for presidency.
-Knew about, or orchestrated what we know of 9/11. You choose.
-Used 9/11 to "Black flag" our way into the Mid-East and Bush's dynasty main target: Iraq. Know full well from our intelligence and ground investigators/scientist from the UN that there wasn't sh!t. Reinforce the belief; it was going to be an easy take over.
-Establish Cheney's Haliburton in Iraq.
-Use tax money and mainly US military to pirate a commodity for the oil tycoons in office at the time.

I would say:

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Monday, September 27, 2010 4:37 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Now I don't agree that we should have gone into Irag, look at the mess it caused in Afghanistan, a place where we did have a need to be there.

Don't you guys have enough problems in your own country? I'm not bashing, just asking.
Monday, September 27, 2010 6:50 PM on j-body.org
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:
Quote:

Now I don't agree that we should have gone into Irag, look at the mess it caused in Afghanistan, a place where we did have a need to be there.

Don't you guys have enough problems in your own country? I'm not bashing, just asking.

X2

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Monday, September 27, 2010 8:19 PM on j-body.org
Nine years ago, we did have a damn good reason to be there. And if we would have focused entirely on ousting the Taliban and dismantling Al-Qaeda rather than going into Iraq, the results would have been drastically different. And by enough problems, do you mean the ones that developed years after entering Afghanistan in 2001? The ones that were unrelated to war time spending, despite what most people would like everyone to believe.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Monday, September 27, 2010 8:28 PM on j-body.org
They mean simply anti-Americanism, nothing in particular.

It's the same old "I live in a nation the size of Uganda that is dwarfed by the USA next door and it makes me insecure" bit.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:20 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Bloody yank .

" Mark Twain "
Saturday, October 02, 2010 6:47 PM on j-body.org
He's just jealous of our freedom and our wide open spaces.... MMM fresh air.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:11 PM on j-body.org
ChrisH4Life wrote:He's just jealous of our freedom and our wide open spaces.... MMM fresh air.

What freedom ?

" Mark Twain "
Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:13 AM on j-body.org
As for getting this thread back on topic, I'd like to offer that I find the Iraq invasion to have been a uniquely neccesary venture. To those who would harp on the absence of WMD's, I offer this: I enjoyed the honesty in the admission that despite the search, none were found. I believe fully that had the USA wanted to "stage" the discovery of such WMD's, it would have been very easy to do so. Yet they did not.

Was there reason to believe such WMD's were there? You bet your ass.

Were there many reasons we invaded Iraq? Hell yes, and WMD's were frankly the least of them.

Monday, October 04, 2010 8:13 AM on j-body.org
i think the whole WMD's was the goverments easiest way of getting the general public to back them, and when they didn't find any after they had spent all the time hyping them instead of other more valid reasons. they came up looking really bad.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, October 04, 2010 8:55 AM on j-body.org
Well, let's apply some essential logic: if the government lied about their belief that WMD's existed in the first place (in order to justify going in), then why did they not just lie about finding the WMD's once they WERE in? Seems to me that something doesn't wash in this analysis.

In reality, they had every reason to believe he did have WMD's. Frankly, the justification case was much more about the fact that the insane idiot was destabilizing the entire region, and that if left in power, there was no telling what dangerous mischief he might apply himself to. I for one am glad we did it. It wasn't easy, it wasn't cheap, but I shudder to think what might have happened to that region (including our interests) had we done nothing.

Monday, October 04, 2010 5:42 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

I for one am glad we did it. It wasn't easy, it wasn't cheap, but I shudder to think what might have happened to that region (including our interests) had we done nothing.

Wow I have to say I agree with Bill.

FU Tuning

Monday, October 04, 2010 6:42 PM on j-body.org
The taliban have the right to invade America how would you guys like that of course they wouldn't do that cause they don't just invade countries for bs reasons but America has to stick its nose into everything .

" Mark Twain "
Monday, October 04, 2010 7:07 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:The taliban have the right to invade America how would you guys like that of course they wouldn't do that cause they don't just invade countries for bs reasons but America has to stick its nose into everything .

In my Opinion we should have invaded 10-15 year earlier than we did. Because of our size and power we always end up helping or getting involved, and would still be getting involved with his dumbass if we left him in power. In the long run the people are going t be better for it.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 4:40 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Well, let's apply some essential logic: if the government lied about their belief that WMD's existed in the first place (in order to justify going in), then why did they not just lie about finding the WMD's once they WERE in? Seems to me that something doesn't wash in this analysis.

In reality, they had every reason to believe he did have WMD's. Frankly, the justification case was much more about the fact that the insane idiot was destabilizing the entire region, and that if left in power, there was no telling what dangerous mischief he might apply himself to. I for one am glad we did it. It wasn't easy, it wasn't cheap, but I shudder to think what might have happened to that region (including our interests) had we done nothing.

i wasn't implying that the WMD was a lie. i was saying that with the information they had for reasons to go in, the WMD's were the easiest thing to take to the general public to get them to buy into the whole process. Sadaam throwing out weapons inspectors wouldnt get the public to buy in. neither would sadamms treatment of his own people or any other of the 20 valid reasons. The WMD was just the easy way of getting the public to buy in. in this day and age if they new that info was false they wouldn't use it, you have to know it would leak and be out in the newspapers at the blink of an eye. So they all believed. bush congress. everyone that agreed to go in. Though its comical after the fact that everyone just believes bush just said lets go and everyone had to follow his rules. everyone thought the intel was good. on the right and the left.

um john the taliban has been attacking the u.s. for years and years before 9/11 even occurred. well if you can call planting bombs to kill innocent women and children attacking. they dont even have the nuts to attack those that are effectign them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 3:09 PM on j-body.org
^^ But they haven't invaded america yet .

" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:30 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:^^ But they haven't invaded america yet .

so its okay if they kill a few thousand people with explosives and such as long as they dont invade as a whole?

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:44 AM on j-body.org
Wasting your time, Jason. This is like trying to discuss brain surgery with a McDonald's burger-flipper. The kid has neither the knowledge, nor the correct perspectives, to engage in any useful conversation on this subject.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 8:22 AM on j-body.org
Take Back the Republican Party wrote:Wasting your time, Jason. This is like trying to discuss brain surgery with a McDonald's burger-flipper. The kid has neither the knowledge, nor the correct perspectives, to engage in any useful conversation on this subject.

GTFO old man .

" Mark Twain "

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:54 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

um john the taliban has been attacking the u.s. for years and years before 9/11 even occurred.

Yes. They are attacking U.S troops that are invading their countries. What would happen if the Talibans would come over here and invade the U.S??? You guys would stay still and not say a word? Jesus Christ guys what kind of @!#$ mentality is that?

Keep your god damn nose in your god damn business and nobody will shoot on your troops. Just stay at your borders and wait. No need to stir up some @!#$ everywhere. Just my two cents.
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:29 PM on j-body.org
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:
Quote:

um john the taliban has been attacking the u.s. for years and years before 9/11 even occurred.

Yes. They are attacking U.S troops that are invading their countries. What would happen if the Talibans would come over here and invade the U.S??? You guys would stay still and not say a word? Jesus Christ guys what kind of @!#$ mentality is that?

Keep your god damn nose in your god damn business and nobody will shoot on your troops. Just stay at your borders and wait. No need to stir up some @!#$ everywhere. Just my two cents.

The u.s.a has militias in case that happens but still i don't think the taliban or any other terrorists would invade America . They have no reason to invade us why invade there countries . If those countries have WMD's go there and get rid of them and if they don't then get the heck out of there ,no need to stay there for 7-8 years .

Also let me ask this why is this war on terror for our freedoms( yes i know about 9/11 ) those terrorists don't wanna take it away seriously they couldn't care less about our freedoms and rights which are disappearing quickly ( The only people capable of that are the people who control you aka government , politicians , etc ) . Our troops aren't fighting for our freedoms they are over there protecting the interests of corporations and scum politicians . While i respect troops who wanna go over there and feel like they are doing something good then by all means go for it but sooner or later someone has to stand up and say enough is enough .

Sorry if i offended anyone's beliefs on the matter but this is my opinion .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, October 06, 2010 7:14 PM

" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:59 PM on j-body.org
I must have to agree 100% with the post above.
Thursday, October 07, 2010 4:54 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:
MyKoup_owns_theZ wrote:
Quote:

mykoup ownz the z. reality is they dont come here and look for militias and millitary. they come here and kill anyone they can, babies, mothers, grandmothers. they dont care. if you saw someone beating up the old neighbor lady next door would you just go back in your house and say your not going to get involved. would you put a pillow over your ears so you can't here her screaming?

The u.s.a has militias in case that happens but still i don't think the taliban or any other terrorists would invade America . They have no reason to invade us why invade there countries . If those countries have WMD's go there and get rid of them and if they don't then get the heck out of there ,no need to stay there for 7-8 years .

Also let me ask this why is this war on terror for our freedoms( yes i know about 9/11 ) those terrorists don't wanna take it away seriously they couldn't care less about our freedoms and rights which are disappearing quickly ( The only people capable of that are the people who control you aka government , politicians , etc ) . Our troops aren't fighting for our freedoms they are over there protecting the interests of corporations and scum politicians . While i respect troops who wanna go over there and feel like they are doing something good then by all means go for it but sooner or later someone has to stand up and say enough is enough .

Sorry if i offended anyone's beliefs on the matter but this is my opinion .

okay first off. allot of the taliban that are attacking us are coming in from other countries, so for allot of them were not attacking them on there soil. were in there neighbors yard and they are jumping the fences to come attack us. your right they dont care about our freedoms. they just want to destroy our way of life because it goes against theirs. course you do know destroying our way of life is kinda like destroying our freedoms. you do know how our society runs right? destroy our banking and businesses and youve pretty much destroyed the country. and have you seen what happens to a country that has its goverment removed. if you just went over there. destroyed there whole way of surviving as a country and left, what do you think would happen? think about it. we have to stay there to make sure they have a good goverment set in place and the coutnry can survive. if not its just going to be taken over by people that are worse then the ones that were thrown out. you have to look beyond the basics. its not a simple go over there spank there bottoms and come home. tell you what. go get 10 of your friends and try to get everyone of them to agree on a place to eat for lunch. probably takes you 20 minutes for everyone to figure out a compromise. now imagine what kind of time it takes to rebuild a countries goverment, army. police force. work structure.etc. etc. etc. if we would have pulled out year ago like you suggest. that country would have went to pure hell and misery and would likely be ran by terrorists right now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search