Human Stupidity Documentary (Video & Discussion) - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Human Stupidity Documentary (Video & Discussion)
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 2:10 AM on j-body.org
http://www.wimp.com/stupidity/

This raises a good question. Do you think that we are a stupid species?

In my opinion, we are more ignorant than stupid. We are very quick to judge people, we say things we don't really know or say that aren't fact, we are racist/sexist/homophobic etc etc...those things display ignorance. Now, ignorance itself is "stupid" but you can see the difference. People don't hate each other cause they are stupid, they hate each other because they are ignorant to the truth and reality itself.

Now, I know people will start posting saying "Yes, everyone is stupid" but that is far from the truth. The truth is that people only think of the negative as it sticks in their mind...the negative being stupid people...but don't think to point out the people who do have intelligence. I'll give an example: People on the JBO sometimes get sand in their vaginas and want to piss and moan saying people on here are stupid as a whole but (look at this) their ignorance keeps them from seeing the truth that there are FAR fewer "stupid" people than people who have good common sense and have an average amount of intelligence.

So to conclude, I think that when there is "stupid" people, there is stupid's ugly cousin called ignorance.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Re: Human Stupidity Documentary (Video & Discussio
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 2:13 AM on j-body.org
I have to agree with ya here. I feel Ignorance is the bassis for stupidity. I deff dont think they should be used hand and hand. A person can be ignorant just cause they werent exposed to it. Where as stupidity is more of a choise that people make. Being Ignorant tends to help those choises.

Alright there Plato lol

2002 Z28: Slp coldair Pac, Corsa Catback, 3200 stall

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:40 AM on j-body.org
I don't know guys. I'm leaning toward stupid. How long does it take us to learn to walk and even to eat for ourselves ? now look at any animal, they can walk within a few weeks of birth and eat without help after a few weeks too.

It would seem that even tho we may end up smart we have a V E R Y slow learning curve comparitively speaking.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 7:18 AM on j-body.org
Society and technology encourages people to not think for themselves, I think that's half the problem.

Also, life isn't nearly as dangerous as it was 30-40 years ago... the people weren't any smarter, I don't think, they just had to keep their wits about themselves more.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:13 PM on j-body.org
Agreed^^!!! but who in the hell can tell me who picked Coolio for this subject? its like asking Richard Simmons about football.
Tuesday, December 27, 2005 9:25 PM on j-body.org
javie wrote:Agreed^^!!! but who in the hell can tell me who picked Coolio for this subject? its like asking Richard Simmons about football.

hahaha that's funny

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 7:48 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:I don't know guys. I'm leaning toward stupid. How long does it take us to learn to walk and even to eat for ourselves ? now look at any animal, they can walk within a few weeks of birth and eat without help after a few weeks too.

It would seem that even tho we may end up smart we have a V E R Y slow learning curve comparitively speaking.

Sorry, that's a bad argument. We do take longer to eat and walk, but we also live a lot longer than most animals. I don't want to do the calculations, but I'm sure the ratio of time to learn/life expectancy is the same for both humans and animals.

To be honest though, I don't think society is as stupid as people say it is. Everyone is capable of speech, reading and writing, arithmetics, higher learning, etc, which is much more than an animal.

Like NJHK said, people usually remember the negatives and forget the positives because the negatives stick in one's mind. It's the same reason that the news are mostly negative stories.

I've also noticed that people call others stupid because their actions/words don't agree with their own opinions........

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:00 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:I don't know guys. I'm leaning toward stupid. How long does it take us to learn to walk and even to eat for ourselves ? now look at any animal, they can walk within a few weeks of birth and eat without help after a few weeks too.

I don't think this is a good arguement. Sure, it might take us a few years to learn to do things on our own, but think about what we do compared to other species. We have the ablilty to speak, at least to the extent we speak we're all alone. We've invented machines, no other species can even come close to that.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:18 AM on j-body.org

I'd lean toward stupid too if we all put forth the same argument you just did.

Seriously tho...the only real thing wrong with humans is that we're a supreme disappointment. Now, let's be clear here. The average person might not seem like a disappointment compared to the next, but when you compare him to humankind's finest, and you realize we all had that potential and wasted it, we're all in a way disappointments.

George Carlin once said, "Think about how stupid the average person is; now realize half of them are dumber than that. Because that's what average means."

That being said, I am one of humankind's finest and you all disappointment me.

---

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:42 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:The average person might not seem like a disappointment compared to the next, but when you compare him to humankind's finest, and you realize we all had that potential and wasted it, we're all in a way disappointments.

That makes no sense. Einstein, Mozart, Da Vinci etc are gifted because they had the special ability to do what they did. There's no way you can expect everyone to attempt to match what those genius' did.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 9:54 AM on j-body.org
Why do you assume finest=genius? There are multiple ways to realize that someone is above the fold. Intelligence isn't the sum of one's talents.

What about Mother Teresa, Winston Churchill, Isaac Newton, George Washington, Rosa Parks, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, Thomas Edison, etc?

---

Friday, December 30, 2005 11:48 AM on j-body.org
Being gifted or a genius means you have a talent to do something far better than your peers in a given subject. I wouldn't call Winston Churchill, George Washington, Rosa Parks, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., or Mother Theresa, a genius... they are gifted with vision and determination. I would however call Gary Kasparov, Bobby Fisher, Vincent Van Goh, Pablo Picasso, Isaac Newton, Stephen W. Hawking, Albert Einstein, Coppernicus, Leonardo Da Vinci, and a few others true geniuses, because their talents very literally advanced humanity as a whole because of their singular ability to transcend and surpass the very best of their time.

Being intelligent is being able to hypothesise, test theory, and learn from the results. It could be as simple as: Banging my hand in the door = Hurt hand, don't bang hand in door... or: Don't bang anything in door... or hopefully: Be careful when closing door so you don't hurt yourself or someone/thing else. It doesn't take a Krescan to figure some of these things out... but some people just don't think ahead or for themselves.

I don't think we're a stupid society, I think we're callous and apathetic about the world we live in and the impact our actions have on others.

Friday, December 30, 2005 12:55 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: I wouldn't call Winston Churchill, George Washington, Rosa Parks, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., or Mother Theresa, a genius..

Neither would I. But they had no less an impact or important life that shaped where we are today. They ARE among our finest, and prove that one's brain need not be a genetic freak to be above the fold.

---

Friday, December 30, 2005 1:38 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: I wouldn't call Winston Churchill, George Washington, Rosa Parks, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., or Mother Theresa, a genius..

Neither would I. But they had no less an impact or important life that shaped where we are today. They ARE among our finest, and prove that one's brain need not be a genetic freak to be above the fold.

Sorry, when I said genius, I meant extraordinary with examples being the people you guys listed.

My point though is that those people are extraordinary for a reason, because they are EXTRA ordinary. To expect everyone to do the things that the Washington's, Park's, and Theresa's did is not possible.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:19 PM on j-body.org
I think that people are basically lazy and selfish, which leads to ignorance and the appearance of stupidity. That's not to say that there aren't really "Stupid" people in the world, but as JBGRO said in the first post, we're not a stupid species.

We have the best communication of any species on the planet. We have at our disposal the writings and artwork of previous generations, if we choose to view them.

Because we have such good communication potential, we can warn others of our species about dangers, such as "Poison, do not eat", or "Bridge out". If Deer had the same comunication skills, they wouldn't get hit by cars. Eventually they'd all have been told about staying off the roads.

And way off topic, I have to ask... What is NJHK an abbreviation for?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:59 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:And way off topic, I have to ask... What is NJHK an abbreviation for?

Ah...the day I decided to shorten it to NJHK, I knew people would forget or not know what the abbreviation meant.

New Jerseys Honda Killa

It's actually a joke because I am not really fast...later in January when I'm turbo'd, that'll be a different story.

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:10 PM on j-body.org
NHJK:
Nettles & Junipers Hurt Kids.
Need Help... Just Kidding?
Now He's Jumping & Kicking?
Now He Just Killed... ?
New, Happy Just Kiss?
Naughty, Just Humping Kiwis?
Narwal, Jaguar, Hamster, Koala?

I could go on...

Sunday, January 01, 2006 9:08 PM on j-body.org
I think GAM has found his new past-time....grab an acronim and add random words....

Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:20 PM on j-body.org
They're not Random.. I try to make a complete thought out of it... just not using verbs or adjectives usually

It's not a new pass-time either... I've been doing that since I was a wee lil GAMmer.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:36 PM on j-body.org
a person can be intelligient and have their wits aboot them, people however as a whole are generally stupid and ignorant. see peer pressure

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search