Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase - Page 13 - Sales and Group Purchase Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Monday, September 16, 2013 7:11 AM
Tyler Tipple wrote:Update?
I've got all the parts. I was going to pick up the hardware this weekend, but I had a death in the family and was out of town for a few days. I'll pick it up today or tomorrow and get everything packed up.

Everyone will get tracking numbers when I ship them out.

Thanks for your patience, guys!

Monday, September 16, 2013 1:30 PM
No worries man. My address has changed so I will PM you with my new one.
Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:11 PM on j-body.org
Shipped yet?

Thursday, September 26, 2013 5:34 PM on j-body.org
would you be willing to give out the dimensions so i could get one made myself?

Friday, September 27, 2013 6:36 AM on j-body.org
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:Shipped yet?
No, and I have no real excuse. My appologies guys. I've been very focused on finishing up some repairs on the house I'm moving into, and I have dragged my ass on everything else. I have everything pretty much set. I just need to print the labels and get them to the PO. I will try to do this tomorrow morning and send out the tracking numbers. I appreciate everyone's patience.

shanez24 wrote:would you be willing to give out the dimensions so i could get one made myself?
Not at this time. I put a ton of work into this, I have paid for all of them to be made, I have paid for the hardware, and I still have some available. I've got money and time tied up in this, and you're asking for the info to go and have someone else make it for you? It's not like I sold out and said I've don't know when I'll make more.

Friday, September 27, 2013 6:49 AM on j-body.org
3/8"
1. Mike Lomond - senor_lazy@hotmail.com - 1fine89 - Qty 1 - no Bracket - Paypal--paid
2. Tyler Tipple - Tipple1994@live.ca - Tipple561 - Qty 1 - Bracket - Paypal--paid
3. Nick Allred - dfrustynails@gmail.com - Qty 1 - Bracket=No - Paypal--paid
4. James Walters - the_jamester@excite.com Qty 1 - Bracket - Paypal--paid

5/8"
1. Tony Campbell - tony.campbell@adelphia.net - Qty 1 - Bracket=Yes - Paypal--paid
2. Micah Hill - mah_cmos@hotmail.com - Qty 1 - Bracket=Yes - Paypal--paid
3. Andrew Samson - badbowtie950@gmail.com - Ecoswapped - Qty 1 - Bracket = Yes - Paypal
4. Ryan Reis - ryanreis1992@gmail.com - qty 1 - bracket=no - Paypal--paid

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:37 AM on j-body.org
Ok just thought i would ask. because where i work i could get them made for free. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. sorry

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:46 AM on j-body.org
shanez24 wrote:Ok just thought i would ask. because where i work i could get them made for free. I didn't mean to offend you in anyway. sorry
Your first post sounded like you were going to go pay someone else to make them, which made the request sound slightly more irritating. If your intent was simply to make them at work, that's not an unusual request. No worries.

I do occasionaly get requests for dimensions of the parts I've designed so that people can make them for themselves. The gist of my stance is this: I've put time and money into developing them. I don't make much on them, especially after all of the running around I do (I haven't bothered to figure out my fuel costs for my travelling, but if I did, I'd probably raise my prices a little more, LOL, so I'll just stay away from that). I do this mostly because I enjoy it, but I do like to reap a little bit of a benefit for my work, even if it's minimal.

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:37 AM on j-body.org
its all good man i completely understand. just right now im focusing my money on building my engine and was gonna to the disc swap later. so i dont have the money to give you right now and im not sure when i will do the disc swap so you might not be doing the orders anymore. thats the only reason i was asking.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:25 AM on j-body.org
Mr. Quick wrote:
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:Shipped yet?
No, and I have no real excuse. My appologies guys. I've been very focused on finishing up some repairs on the house I'm moving into, and I have dragged my ass on everything else. I have everything pretty much set. I just need to print the labels and get them to the PO. I will try to do this tomorrow morning and send out the tracking numbers. I appreciate everyone's patience.

I appreciate the honesty. I usually wouldn't be pushy, but my rear brakes are grinding and I really can't wait too much longer to do something about it lol.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:09 PM on j-body.org
Cant wait to receive mine

2002.5 Cavalier Sedan with Ecotec

Saturday, October 05, 2013 3:45 PM on j-body.org
Finally got to install my set and changing the cables from 03+ to 95-02 cables was extremely easy, you only have to change the back two cables not the one going to the hand brake. And Idk y people are having problems with the ebrake strength cuz I can lock mine up at 30mph with the handbrake.

Saturday, October 05, 2013 10:20 PM on j-body.org
heres a couple pics

Saturday, October 05, 2013 11:26 PM on j-body.org
Jesse Feeling wrote:Finally got to install my set and changing the cables from 03+ to 95-02 cables was extremely easy, you only have to change the back two cables not the one going to the hand brake. And Idk y people are having problems with the ebrake strength cuz I can lock mine up at 30mph with the handbrake.

When I did my neon swap on my 2nd gen, for a 1.5 years I could not figure out why my ebrake would work one time then when I would move it would not work unless I took it apart. I took it to 5 other shops even thought I own one and no one could figure it out. I had posted on here and v6z24 a few times. No one could help me. I probably had at least 50 people look at them. Then one day by accident I found out that the arm inside the drum on neon ebrake lever road on the backing plate. Here I thought it went behind the backing plate lip where the ebrake cable entered. The shoes would expand and the the brake would work 1 time only when its installed inside. It is stupid that it can be assembled this way. I will NEVER make that mistake again. I even put a neon next to mine to compare but it is so simple to over look as it fits perfect inside and there is no indication that it rides on the backing plate. Alldata, mitchel1, hanyes, chiltons manual never show you how that part actually went on. I wasted so much time an energy over this. I even cut my ebrake handle down and shortened the cable. I even pulled it so hard I broke the handle and tore the cables out of the 3inch balance cable. Those little ebrake arms wasted so much of my time I wanted to scrap the car lol.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Sunday, October 06, 2013 9:29 AM on j-body.org
It's been a week and still nothing..

Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:40 PM on j-body.org
PMed
Monday, October 07, 2013 5:02 AM on j-body.org
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:It's been a week and still nothing..
Sorry guys, I did ship the remainder of them on Friday, but I didn't get tracking numbers out to everyone. I'll try to do that this evening when I get home. All paid orders have been shipped, though.

aaron garcia wrote:PMed
Replied

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:36 AM on j-body.org
PMed.

Tony
Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Monday, October 07, 2013 11:14 AM on j-body.org
Thank you, I look forward to getting them!

Monday, October 07, 2013 3:25 PM on j-body.org
I'll take a set of 5/8" mounts with a set of e brake brackets
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:37 AM on j-body.org
Well guys, this morning, my inbox was blown up with USPS shipping updates, so it looks like everyone should have their kits any day. I appreciate all the patience, and I still have two kits left, already boxed up and ready to go.

I have been PM'd asking when I'll do the next run, but I do not know when that will be. Most likely not until tax return time.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:46 AM on j-body.org
Anyone still interested in the ss lines for these let me know and I will see what I can work out.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:46 PM on j-body.org
Sweet news. Looking forward to getting them.
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:18 PM on j-body.org
DSMskyline wrote:Anyone still interested in the ss lines for these let me know and I will see what I can work out.

I am interested....Is there any pics of what it looks like installed?
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:30 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Quick money has been sent your way. Let me know if there are any issues. The shipping address should have been sent with the payment as well if not just pm me and i will get it sent to you. Thanks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search