Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase - Sales and Group Purchase Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Saturday, June 09, 2012 9:09 PM
OK guys, here it is. You've all been very patient with the progress thread, and here's the payoff:

These are available in two designs: One is just a full thickness plate, which will space out your wheels 5/8" on each side. The other has a recessed portion which will fit over the mounting plate on the axle, reducing the spacing to 3/8" by popular demand. Because of the increased machining, the thinner option is a little bit more (the basic bracket is the same, but the thinner one is machined out on the back side).

Prices are as follows:

5/8" spacing $140
3/8" spacing $160

Shipping to anywhere in the US: $10
Shipping to Canada: $20

The kit includes 2 adapter plates (1 left, 1 right), and all mounting hardware, grade 10.9, zinc plated
Plates are machined from T-6061 aluminum, with an anodized finish.

If you need the e-brake bracket (you don't have the one from the Saturn), I can provide these for $20, including the mounting hardware for those as well.
These are 3/16" mild steel, black powdercoat finish.

These are pictures from the test fit. More pictures of the final product will be available and posted soon.

The only thing you will need in addition to my kit is calipers from a late 90's Saturn S-series (an easy one to pick is a 95 SC2), and rotors from an SRT-4 Neon. The e-brake cable from a 95-02 J-body will connect to the e-brake level on the calipers with no problem. If you have an 03-05 J-body, I am told the e-brake cable will need to be replaced with a 95-02 one, because the amount of slack in the cable is considerably different.

Start the list with your thickness desired, and if you need the e-brake bracket. It may help to purchase your calipers before you buy the plates, because some calipers will come with the e-brake bracket, so you would not need to purchase one from me. I only make them available because not all calipers you buy from a parts store will have them.

Re: Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:33 AM
will calipers from a srt-4 neon work ??
Sunday, June 10, 2012 12:51 PM
who are we paypaling money to for this group purchase

gilligan
Monday, June 11, 2012 4:25 AM
Dan 5/8" No E-brake bracket
Monday, June 11, 2012 9:15 AM
Josh Brewer wrote:will calipers from a srt-4 neon work ??
No. The Neon calipers do not have the integrated e-brake, which is why you need the entire assembly for the Neon setup. It has an internal drum e-brake. The purpose of the Saturn caliper is to do away with the drum e-brake. However, the Saturn rotors are not 5x100, which the Neon rotor is.

Sheridan wrote:who are we paypaling money to for this group purchase
Me, at sbeau1@metrocast.net

To keep simplicity on the list, please post under the appropriate size:

Quote:

3/8"
-------------------------------------------

5/8"
Dan.........no ebrake bracket

thanks.

Monday, June 11, 2012 9:56 AM
This might help.

[Name] - [e-mail] - [screen name] - [quantity] - [ebrake bracket?] - [payment method]

3/8"
Robert Kennedy - 575gtc at bellsouth.net - thaprowler - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal

5/8"
Dan - no ebrake bracket

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, June 11, 2012 8:26 PM
3/8"
1. Robert Kennedy - 575gtc at bellsouth.net - thaprowler - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal
2. Mike Iwan - mike.iwan89@gmail.com - ekimnawi89 - Qty 1 - bracket - PayPal

5/8"
Dan - no ebrake bracket

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:02 AM
3/8"
1. Robert Kennedy - 575gtc at bellsouth.net - thaprowler - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal

5/8"
1.Dan - no ebrake bracket
2. James Kellough- james.kellough@gmail.com- scorpio1- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal

Mr. Quick- Gotta check my finances on the 15th after bills are paid, but I'm on the list assuming that I'll be good to go, if not I'll drop my name later.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:12 AM
James, don't worry. This will run for a while. I'll give plenty of warning when it's going to come to an end.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 3:45 PM
3/8"

5/8"
1. Dan - no ebrake bracket
2. James Kellough- james.kellough@gmail.com- scorpio1- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal
3. Nery Membreno - nery.membreno.5 at gmail.com - Rogue -Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - Paypal

Payment will be sent Friday night.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:41 PM
Are these ready to ship or is there a delay?...5/8 at least.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:19 PM
I will be in for 5/8" next friday.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:17 AM
--Boosted Z-- wrote:Are these ready to ship or is there a delay?...5/8 at least.
Sorry, I should have posted this in the original post.

These are being made to order. Shipping time on them is going to be a few weeks. I will give it a little time to see how many inital orders, then I will have them run. By the time the 5/8" batch is run, I should be ready to run the 3/8" as well, unless the real-world test reveals any unforseen issues.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:45 AM
Mr. Quick- Cool, and thanks for clarifying!

Thursday, June 14, 2012 8:06 AM
OK, in response to the questions regarding the 03-05 e-brake cable, Roofy came up with a solution on his car, that was simply relocating the bracket to the shock mount on the axle, which makes up for the additional slack in the 03-05 cables. Here is a picture from his install, found in this thread:

Thanks to Roofy for this information.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 11:40 PM
***Rogue*** wrote:3/8"
3. Rob - kardain - qty 1 - bracket (probably don't need it, but spare parts can't hurt) - paypal

5/8"
3. Nery Membreno - nery.membreno.5 at gmail.com - Rogue -Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - Paypal

Payment will be sent Friday night.

Sometime Friday.

Friday, June 15, 2012 4:34 PM
I added myself to the list.....as long as the 3/8 work im good to go. Has anyone tried the neon spare?

3/8"
3. Rob - kardain - qty 1 - bracket (probably don't need it, but spare parts can't hurt) - paypal
4. Phil Duerr - Philly D - qty 1 - cavfiredesire@hotmail.com - Paypal

5/8"
Friday, June 15, 2012 9:19 PM
3/8"

5/8"
4.Grant Dahlgren- grantdahlgren@hotmail.com- centerofaz71- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- paypal
Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:16 AM
Grant Dahlgren wrote:3/8"
3. Rob - kardain - qty 1 - bracket (probably don't need it, but spare parts can't hurt) - paypal paid

5/8"
3. Nery Membreno - nery.membreno.5 at gmail.com - Rogue -Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid (minus shipping)
4.Grant Dahlgren- grantdahlgren@hotmail.com- centerofaz71- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- paypal

Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:09 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:3/8"
3. Rob - kardain - qty 1 - bracket (probably don't need it, but spare parts can't hurt) - paypal paid

5/8"
3. Nery Membreno - nery.membreno.5 at gmail.com - Rogue -Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
Fixed my error. Sorry Rogue!

Sunday, June 17, 2012 9:29 AM
Np, thanks bro

Sunday, June 17, 2012 10:32 AM

3/8"

5/8"
3. Nery Membreno - nery.membreno.5 at gmail.com - Rogue -Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
5. Jordan Paulsen- paulsen.jordan@yahoo.com- Jordan- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal- payment sent
Sunday, June 17, 2012 4:58 PM
Jordan wrote:3/8"

5/8"
5. Jordan Paulsen- paulsen.jordan@yahoo.com- Jordan- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal paid

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:31 AM
Interested in the 3/8", just need to check with the local parts store about the e-brake bracket.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:08 PM
3/8"

5/8"
4.Grant Dahlgren- grantdahlgren@hotmail.com- centerofaz71- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- paypal - money sent
5. Jordan Paulsen- paulsen.jordan@yahoo.com- Jordan- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal paid
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search