Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase - Page 7 - Sales and Group Purchase Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:50 AM
Jesse Feeling wrote:everything together almost ready to install just gana paint the calipers and brackets then they will be going in.

(i know the ebrake bracket isnt on here it was in a bag of parts in my car just forgot to put it on b4 this pic. also if your wondering this is the driver side, its sitting here upside down do to the curve on the bottom it wouldn't sit straight.)

oops have the wrong capiper on this bracket. :p guess thats what i get for doing this at work. lol o well ill have it right on the car thats all that matters. X-)

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:19 PM
Jesse Feeling wrote:I have a question b4 tearing into this project. Do the brake line fittings match from the cavy to the saturn calipers? Just want to get everything I need b4 starting. I know I'll have to mod the lines just wanted to make sure I don't need to but new fittings out adaptor fittings. Thanx

Here is the part numbers from one of DSMskyline's Post from this thread Saturn rear disk swap brake lines

DSMskyline wrote:To do a 1 piece ss hose with a banjo fitting one end and the female IF on the other, would be right around $100 for the pair.

To do a 3 piece hose, which is a 10mm banjo x -3an fitting(piece 1), custom 21" long -3an hose with 1 end having a 45* angle (piece 2), and a female IF x -3an fitting (piece 3), they would be $75 for the pair.

Here is a parts list for the 3 piece hose from Jegs. Its all Russell brand where I have access to and would provide XRP fittings.

Female IF Adapter $16.99/pair

Russell Straight Hose $21.99/Each

Jegs brand Banjo fitting, bolt and washers $11.99/side

To order the parts from Jegs, and not get the custom 45* hose would cost you $84.95 plus their S&H

Hope this clears everything up!

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:26 PM
Sunfireman2007 wrote:
Jesse Feeling wrote:I have a question b4 tearing into this project. Do the brake line fittings match from the cavy to the saturn calipers? Just want to get everything I need b4 starting. I know I'll have to mod the lines just wanted to make sure I don't need to but new fittings out adaptor fittings. Thanx

Here is the part numbers from one of DSMskyline's Post from this thread Saturn rear disk swap brake lines

DSMskyline wrote:To do a 1 piece ss hose with a banjo fitting one end and the female IF on the other, would be right around $100 for the pair.

To do a 3 piece hose, which is a 10mm banjo x -3an fitting(piece 1), custom 21" long -3an hose with 1 end having a 45* angle (piece 2), and a female IF x -3an fitting (piece 3), they would be $75 for the pair.

Here is a parts list for the 3 piece hose from Jegs. Its all Russell brand where I have access to and would provide XRP fittings.

Female IF Adapter $16.99/pair

Russell Straight Hose $21.99/Each

Jegs brand Banjo fitting, bolt and washers $11.99/side

To order the parts from Jegs, and not get the custom 45* hose would cost you $84.95 plus their S&H

Hope this clears everything up!

This says about the braided lines I don't mine not having braided. I looked it up on a parts site and they both have three 10mm x 1 female side so I think it'll work but not sure just figured I would ask.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:08 PM
You will need the saturn rubber lines. They attach directly to the jbody hard lines and have the banjo fitting to go on the caliper. Its pretty straight forward. You can shorten and re flare the hard lines to fit better if you wish.

Have a nice day.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:58 PM
Cool thanx that's what I was wondering.

Friday, September 28, 2012 4:50 AM
I believe, that somewhere in this thread Kardain posted all the part numbers for every fitting, and all braided lines you'd need to replace from the stock J hardline to the caliper, just dig through to find it.

Friday, September 28, 2012 4:51 AM
Mr. Quick- I'm so in for the front upgrade setup, no hurry's on that one though, I got an engine swap to fund this coming year some time too....

Friday, September 28, 2012 11:00 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:I believe, that somewhere in this thread Kardain posted all the part numbers for every fitting, and all braided lines you'd need to replace from the stock J hardline to the caliper, just dig through to find it.

Dsmskyline sold the kits, the part numbers are in his thread too.

Have a nice day.
Friday, September 28, 2012 11:03 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:I believe, that somewhere in this thread Kardain posted all the part numbers for every fitting, and all braided lines you'd need to replace from the stock J hardline to the caliper, just dig through to find it.

Yet again that is for replacing with beaded lines which is not what I'm doing. I was asking if the stock lines for both would work together. Thanx though.

Friday, September 28, 2012 11:06 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:Mr. Quick- I'm so in for the front upgrade setup, no hurry's on that one though, I got an engine swap to fund this coming year some time too....

X2 (besides the engine swap)

Friday, September 28, 2012 11:08 AM
Braided* freaking auto correct on my phone...

Friday, September 28, 2012 12:27 PM
r any brackets still available??

Saturday, September 29, 2012 1:09 PM
chris rod wrote:r any brackets still available??
One set of 3/8" brackets are available.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 4:47 AM
When are the 5/8 brackets shipping out?...... Very excited

You....You and You............. panic...the rest of you ..... COME WITH ME!!!
Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:22 AM
Korrupt7358 wrote:When are the 5/8 brackets shipping out?...... Very excited
I'm actually printing the rest of the labels now. I will be sending out tracking numbers later today, and dropping the boxes at the PO tomorrow.

Sunday, September 30, 2012 9:51 AM
Looking forward to getting these brackets! Can't wait for my tracking number :-)

-_98 Cavy Z24_-
Monday, October 01, 2012 10:04 AM
Got my brackets but won't have the time to install for a little bit. They look awesome and will definitely be in for a bracket to make the fronts bigger.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Monday, October 01, 2012 2:13 PM
I got my tracking number...... Sweet!

You....You and You............. panic...the rest of you ..... COME WITH ME!!!
Tuesday, October 02, 2012 9:19 AM
Shawn McKenzie wrote:...and will definitely be in for a bracket to make the fronts bigger.
Not brackets. Brand new aluminum spindles, designed specifically for the application:

Haven't set up the machining yet. Hoping to do so over the next couple of weeks. Updates will be posted in the suspension & brake forum.

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 12:48 AM
New spindles to hold what calipers? My interest is peaked but I will wait for the post in the suspension forum.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:56 AM
^ditto, I've got a newly dubbed track car status on my cavy and a front upgrade along wiht the rears would make stopping said car, amazing to say the least, okay I'm done gushing now.... resume rear brake talk.....

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:03 AM
Just a thought guys... I recently did the independent rear suspension swap and I plan on doing the w-body front swap so I have the 5x115 bolt patter all the way around, an with this setup ill be able to run corvette rotors, why not just do this swap instead of machining a me bracket?
Wednesday, October 03, 2012 5:21 AM
There will be more than one option on calipers and rotors with the spindles, some of them being very light weight.

jacob mahon wrote:Just a thought guys... I recently did the independent rear suspension swap and I plan on doing the w-body front swap so I have the 5x115 bolt patter all the way around, an with this setup ill be able to run corvette rotors, why not just do this swap instead of machining a me bracket?
Some people don't want to do the IRS swap, but want aluminum knuckles and/or the big brake upgrade.

OK, enough of the thread jacking. The knuckles will be posted in the suspension & brake forum as I make progress.

Friday, October 05, 2012 8:37 PM
So... I got a few things in the mail the past few days.. new rotors and hawk pads.. and a set of wheel bearings... No brackets yet though

Have a nice day.
Saturday, October 06, 2012 12:24 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Shawn McKenzie wrote:...and will definitely be in for a bracket to make the fronts bigger.
Not brackets. Brand new aluminum spindles, designed specifically for the application:

Haven't set up the machining yet. Hoping to do so over the next couple of weeks. Updates will be posted in the suspension & brake forum.

Damn man u don't play around when it comes to this brakes shyt, I gotta get on tha ball n get a set of rear brackets from ya asap, KEEP BRINGIN IT FELLA!!!

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search