Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase - Page 8 - Sales and Group Purchase Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:37 AM
3/8"
-------------------------------------------
1. Robert Kennedy - 575gtc at bellsouth.net - thaprowler - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
2. Mike Iwan - mike.iwan89@gmail.com - ekimnawi89 - Qty 1 - bracket - PayPal paid
3. Rob - kardain - qty 1 - bracket (probably don't need it, but spare parts can't hurt) - paypal paid
4. Shawn McKenzie - smckenzie04@gmail.com - ace249 - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
5. Pat Milk- frag.master118@gmail.com - sunfireman2007 - Qty 1 - Bracket Yes - Money Order paid
6. James Kellough- james.kellough@gmail.com- scorpio1- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal paid
7. Justin Viaene - jviaene@gmail.com - JustinMV - Qty 1 - EBrake Bracket YES - PayPal paid
8. Greg Hovies-glhovies@frontier.com-GLHnumber3 - Qty 1-no ebrake bracket-paypal paid
9.Jesse Freelong- bigaspn@gmail.com- Jessefreeling - Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - paypal paid
10.Russell Griffin - russgriffin24@gmail.com - 893400z24 - Qty 1 - With ebrake brackets - paypal paid

5/8"
-------------------------------------------
1. Daniel Wellman - Dan - dynodanmanda79@cox.net - no ebrake bracket paid
2. Nery Membreno - nery.membreno.5 at gmail.com - Rogue -Qty 1- no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
3.Grant Dahlgren- grantdahlgren@hotmail.com- centerofaz71- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- paypal paid
4. Jordan Paulsen- paulsen.jordan@yahoo.com- Jordan- Qty 1- no ebrake bracket- Paypal paid
5. Matt Sheridan- sheridanm@rider.edu - Qty 1- yes braket- paypal paid
6. Rich Edmondson - tremonti_fan2001@yahoo.com - Xfactor92081 - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
7. Roofy - roofy72@hotmail.com - Roofy Qty X1 - no e-brake bracket - Paypal paid
8. Michael Williams - kag7358@yahoo.com - korrupt7358 - no ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
9. Brad Morrissette - cwbmorrissette@gmail.com - Qty 1 - 5/8-yes ebrake bracket - Paypal paid
10. Joshua Trombley - hiker9285@yahoo.com - Qty 1 - no ebrake bracket- paypal paid

One non-responsive person on the 5/8" list has been removed, and his set picked up by someone else.
Still one 3/8" set available!

I hope to see some install pics in here! Judging by the USPS emails I've been getting, most of you should have your kits!

Thanks again for everyone's patience throughout this. After the dust settles on some other things, I will probably run another GP.

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:08 AM
I should have mine on this weekend, if they ever get here... a 2 hour trip from des moines to the post office is going on 3 days.

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 8:14 AM
Jordan wrote:I should have mine on this weekend, if they ever get here... a 2 hour trip from des moines to the post office is going on 3 days.
What's the tracking number say for your package? It's just sitting in Des Moines?

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:47 AM
It says it departed sorting facility on the 7th.. usually when they leave dsm they will be at the local post office and delivered the same day but it hasnt updated since then. It didnt update till monday morning either, up till then it just said shipping info recieved.

Also my mailman is a dick so that might not help my case.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, October 09, 2012 10:49 AM

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, October 09, 2012 4:54 PM
So i did get mine today so they will be on by Monday... tracking info is delayed/broken cause it still hasnt updated any

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:05 AM
Gotta love tracking info that doesn't get updated. At least you got them.

Judging by the amount of USPS delivery emails I've gotten over the last few days, I think most people have their kits. If not, they should be there soon!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:20 AM
It's not just your tracking numbers. It's a USPS problem. I've ordered a few things in the past two weeks and
none of the tracking numbers updated.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:23 AM
Hey Guys, still awaiting my brackets, but in regards to the USPS 'tracking' numbers...you need to realize, what he sent were not tracking numbers, they are delivery confirmation numbers, which has nothing to do with tracking, it is only to confirm delivery. He'd had to pay extra (as he did for insurance) for actual tracking like you'd get when shipping via FedEx and UPS...

Just figured I'd try and clear up some of that confusion, as I get it all the time with people on eBay that refuse to pay extra for tracking, but then insist on me telling them where their package is when I have no clue after it leaves my possession....

-_98 Cavy Z24_-
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:32 AM
Actually it is a tracking number. I typed it into usps Mobile app and it worked great. But been ordering stuff for the past few Weeks and the tracking has not updated but i'm getting the items. Only scary thing about this situation is they are custom parts so he can't just resend them like Ebay people. Well hope everyone gets there packages soon. P.S. I should have mine installed this weekend and I'll post pics.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:34 AM
I can also confirm the confirmation number is a tracking number. Difference between USPS tracking and FedEX/UPS is that the USPS system just sucks for tracking, updates can take 24 hours to process, and it goes down frequently as was the case yesterday for example.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:11 AM
My shipping info usually updates great with usps. Only once in a while tracking sucks, plus the dick of a mail man. If it doesnt fit in our mailbox it might not get delivered. We have put in several complaints about him but it never gets better

Have a nice day.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:01 PM
Got my set yesterday and should have them on tomorrow. Thanks for all the hard work. I know we all appreciate it.
Friday, October 12, 2012 4:35 AM
I've had plenty of issues with tracking on USPS not updating, but I have never had an issue with them actually delivering my items.

I would hope that everyone had their stuff by now, but I have gotten an email from someone who still doesn't, so if anyone else is still waiting, shoot me an email, and I'll watch the tracking numbers. These are fully insured, so if there are any issues, I can get them replaced without a big deal, but I've never had a package not get there with USPS.

Friday, October 12, 2012 7:23 PM
Friday, October 12, 2012 8:45 PM
Grant Dahlgren wrote:Installed mine today!!!!! Only thing is now the brake light is on and won't go off. Now to figure that out LOL.
Here's some pics.

is it the Brake light or the ABS light? could have messed up the sensor in the wheel hub or not plugged in all the way or something along those lines.. I know when i had cheap china hubs on there it just bent the pins for the connector over instead of going into the female end.. just a thought.

Have a nice day.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 8:10 AM
It's the brake light not the ABS light. The same one that comes on when you pull the E-brake. Checked the sensors already.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:00 PM
I tried to post this earlier put my phone was being stupid and that was about when the site was down for a bit for some reason?.. anyways

Not sure what else will trigger the brake light on the dash, maybe a bad switch or something? not likely but odd things like that happen sometimes

Also I installed mine today, only had a slight fitment issue with teh right side caliper bracket contacting the rotor hat so I had to clearance it a bit with my trusty angle grinder. the left side fit just fine, considering the tight clearances we are dealing with on these things and little wiggle room with the adapters it is hard to compensate for any issues like that.
Otherwise they went on just fine, it was pretty easy considering I had the Jeffie saturn swap on there in the first place.

I must say they work well, my car no longer nose dives when i brake hard lol, I do blame that on my cheap pad/rotor combo I had with the jeffie setup, pads glazed over and nothing could help them. Also my emergency brake doesn't perform as well as I like, it didnt improve much over the previous setup I know some people say that they can lock up the rear wheels on pavement with these brakes, but I can't even come close to that, if I pull my e brake as im pulling into a parking spot I roll to a stop when it should just stop ya know... I know the mechanism was working when I first put the calipers on, maybe I have an issue elsewhere though.

All in all its a great setup, Thanks Mr Quick, Now I just gotta get the new front pads and rotors on.. and wheel bearings.. eh lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:10 PM

Have a nice day.
Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:28 PM
I have no idea why but I went home for lunch and the light was off and hasn't come back on yet so now I'm officially good. lol Brakes work great by the way!! Thanks again.
Monday, October 15, 2012 7:41 AM
Jordan, you may just need to adjust your e-brake cable. These should definitely lock up with the e-brake no problem.

Grant, looking at your pics, I would recommend grinding the edge of the caliper brackets a little right where they're close to the rotor hat. Some of them are cast just a little thicker than others, and have less clearance.

Overall, looks good, though!

Monday, October 15, 2012 10:49 AM
Im pretty sure my cables are in the right adjustment, the mechanism fully releases & engages with the cable.

Have a nice day.
Monday, October 15, 2012 1:36 PM
I still haven't received mine yet.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:16 AM
OK guys, I realized a big error on my part, and I've notified everyone who emailed me, but I wanted to post here for anyone still wondering:

My wife's van is having problems, and she's been driving my truck. She usually drops off the stuff for me at the post office, but I made the mistake of putting a bunch of the packages in the van. Since she had dropped off a lot of them, when I asked, she said she dropped off everything I gave her. It hadn't occured to me that I put them in the wrong vehicle. I found them the other day and got them dropped off at the post office myself, so everyone who is waiting should see them shortly.

My appologies for this. My life is crazy right now. I'm taking a break from parts after this, until things settle down.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:00 PM
I understand man, crazy time of life here too. Car is my one point of sanity though. Looking forward to the parts.
Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:31 AM
Yeah I got my brackets last week, but we have a HUGE problem!!!!!

...... my dog ate them!!!!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, October 18, 2012 3:27 PM
Received my brackets today and everything is looking great. Won't have them on for a little while though, still need to buy the remaned calipers and then rotors and pads for front/rear :-)

Thanks for putting this all together!

-_98 Cavy Z24_-
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search