Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase - Page 9 - Sales and Group Purchase Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saturn/Neon rear disc swap group purchase
Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:15 AM
Still waiting on the brackets to come in so that I can do this swap. Have everything else just sitting here all ready to go.

Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:00 PM
I've got a quick question, I'm looking at calipers online. RockAuto has loaded calipers. Does this mean it has everything I need (hardware, pads, bracket, everything)? It seems like it would, but judging by the image on the listing, it doesn't.

For example: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=310579&cc=1364486

But it doesn't have the bracket, spring, etc like shown in this picture. Can anyone help me out?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:38 PM
The disruption says it comes with everything and the pic shows everything but the ebrake bracket. Should be good except that.

Sunday, October 21, 2012 7:41 PM
P.s. That's a good brand. One if my favorites for brakes.

Monday, October 22, 2012 6:07 PM
A little bummed I missed this GP. Any chance of doing a round 2 ? Or pssible seperate purchase?
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:53 AM
RED wrote:A little bummed I missed this GP. Any chance of doing a round 2 ? Or pssible seperate purchase?
I'm not going to be doing another GP soon. I have a lot of sh!t going on right now in my life, and as you can see, it's caused less than stellar service to people in this GP. I can't stand offering anything less than excellent service.

When I have things straightened out, I will run another GP if the interest is there.

I have to check, but I might still have one set left, and I believe it's 3/8" thickness.

I will post once I check for sure.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 10:41 AM
RED wrote:A little bummed I missed this GP. Any chance of doing a round 2 ? Or pssible seperate purchase?

My 5/8 set may be for sale here shortly. Totaled my car this morning soooo... yeah.

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:04 AM
Sorry to hear that jordan. That sucks
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:14 PM
Jordan wrote:

My 5/8 set may be for sale here shortly. Totaled my car this morning soooo... yeah.

Lame sauce dude. You ok?

-I drive my car to work-
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 1:10 PM
Oh yeah im fine, cavy is toast. Radiator is up on top of the motor..

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:17 PM
Sorry to hear that dude.. But if it does become available let me know I actually want the 5/8 set.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:22 PM
We'll see how things go.. I may be getting another cavalier so I don't want to promise anything to anyone right away...

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:50 AM
No worries.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:20 AM
Jordan wrote:We'll see how things go.. I may be getting another cavalier so I don't want to promise anything to anyone right away...

Holy Coincidence Batman! My 03 cavy was wrecked and totaled last week, same deal radiator is riding the intake manifold now.... so I feel for you and understand.
I didn't get a chance to put my brackets on.... but they will be used because I already found a replacement cavy in the same color, I got real lucky on a local craigslist ad. So keep your eye on craigslist bud.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:05 AM
Scorpio1 bishes... wrote:
Jordan wrote:We'll see how things go.. I may be getting another cavalier so I don't want to promise anything to anyone right away...

Holy Coincidence Batman! My 03 cavy was wrecked and totaled last week, same deal radiator is riding the intake manifold now.... so I feel for you and understand.
I didn't get a chance to put my brackets on.... but they will be used because I already found a replacement cavy in the same color, I got real lucky on a local craigslist ad. So keep your eye on craigslist bud.

I might be getting an 04 LSS. Its at a local ford dealer, 64k miles one owner and unmolested

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:55 PM
Do it! Good luck bud!

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:30 AM
You guys need to stop totalling your cars!

Anyway, there are no more kits left currently.

Look toward the end of December before I'm ready to do another GP, but I will post up an interest thread once we get close.
Hopefully by then I'll also have my front setups completed.

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:34 AM
Eagerly awaiting the front brake parts! And if anyone is curious, my progress thread in photos & media has pix of my brake install.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:43 AM
Might as well just quote that post!

Roofy wrote:And the SRT-4 rear disc swap is installed as well.

And the difference in size from the Saturn to SRT-4 rear discs.

Difference in the brackets.

Looks good man. How are they working for you?

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:35 AM
Excellent. Couldn't be happier! Well, I could be if you got your front brake parts done!

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:41 AM
To anyone who was concerned, i did buy another Cav so i will be keeping my parts, sorry lol

Have a nice day.

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:45 AM
Roofy wrote:Excellent. Couldn't be happier! Well, I could be if you got your front brake parts done!
Haha. Give it time, man. Once I've got my personal sh!t straightened out, I'll be back in biz with new stuff.

Friday, October 26, 2012 1:43 PM
I know just harassing ya. Do u have any details on the parts you are gonna be making???

Friday, October 26, 2012 11:01 PM
Well guess I'll be paying attention and waiting for whatever you plan to do.
Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:32 PM
Well everyone count me in on the next GP for brakes.. these drum pieces of @!#$ are causing problems
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search