New to ECOTEC, looking for dimensionns - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New to ECOTEC, looking for dimensionns
Sunday, June 24, 2007 10:49 AM
Greetings
I'm new to the ECOTEC and am looking for package dimensions on the various ECOTEC engines to evaluate swapping one into my '74 Lotus Europa.
For those not familiar with it, the Europa is a mid engined GT coupe that uses a longintudinal 1600CC Ford Kent based DOHC engine mated to a Renault- Giordini 5 speed transaxle. The original spec is about 106HP in a ~1550lb car.
The Twincam has become a fairly expensive engine to build up and I'd like to get in n some of the new technology that's available.
A company in England (Banks-Europa) builds replicas using either "Vauxhall DOHC 16v" or an "Alpha Romeo V6". Both these engines are ECOTEC or ECOTEC derived.
I'm trying to find the dimensions from the bellhousing mounting face to the foreward face of the accessory pulleys on the LNF and LP1 engines.
The GM tuner source site has a file "block drawings" but it is pretty limited. (mounting point dimensions for an undefined 4clyinder).
Any input, or redirection will be appreciated. CAD drawings would be a truely wonderful thing.
Thanks in advance
Dutch

Re: New to ECOTEC, looking for dimensionns
Wednesday, June 27, 2007 10:39 AM
Welcome to the Forum

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search