saturn sc1 swappage? noob to ecotech. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
saturn sc1 swappage? noob to ecotech.
Friday, June 27, 2008 8:42 AM
hi guys im new here. just tryin gather some information on swapping a 2.2 into my 95' saturn sc1. im going to have to pull the motor any ways to fix a cracked timing chain cover. so i figured why spend all the effort putting the anemic single cam(85hp) back in place. the only other swaps i've found are the saturn twin cam(bleh).

so if any one can shed some light on may be a s/c saturn ion (LSJ, right?) or even a n/a swap, id be a big fan!

thanks for puting up with my newbage

Re: saturn sc1 swappage? noob to ecotech.
Monday, July 07, 2008 12:29 PM
I'd love to see a Eco powered Saturn, but I'd suspect it would be more work than you're willing to do. I don't think it could be retained as a street car / DD because the EcoTec needs the ECU and harness to work. So, the Saturn stuff would be useless. You'd also need the EcoTec trans. And with that you get into fabbing up new mounts.
It would be possible, but unless it's a gutted race car it's not worth the work. Pick up a 98-02 Jbody with a blown engine for $1k or less, then swap in a L61 powerplant and add forced induction.You could have a mean street / strip car for about $6500 that will stomp a S2000, Mustang GT, or Camaro.

For better answers to your question on Saturns try visiting a Saturn forum and see what kind of crazy swaps they're doing. Just remember a engine swap is a bold step. It can be a lot of work. Usually it's best to work with what you got.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search