1.6 ecotec - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
1.6 ecotec
Friday, March 31, 2006 5:28 PM

I have a 2001 daewoo lanos sport, with a 1.6 liter ecotec engine ( I think its the same 1.6 in the Aveo ). despite the support for most ecotec's, I have had a hard time finding info and parts for my 1.6 I used the search on this site and nothing turned up. anybody know anything about this engine or where I can find parts?
Thanks guys

Re: 1.6 ecotec
Friday, March 31, 2006 6:37 PM
nothing??
Friday, March 31, 2006 11:10 PM
Yeah umm...your ECOTEC is basically the black sheep...

Your motor is so small physically that I don't even think you can share engine internals as from the other ECOTEC motors.

Best thing I can advise is you to search on the net more or you'll just have to go custom everything.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:50 PM
For about $30 on e-bay you can get an el-cheap-o cool air intake and cone filter for the Aveo....but perhaps it might be easier to go to pepboys and make an intake out of the piping they sell? Probably better than stock either way...or you could spend about $40 on a K&N drop in filter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTRAX-LOWERING-SPRINGS-DAEWOO-LANOS-99-02-1-6L-16V-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33582QQitemZ8031661098QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V I did find a drop spring kit for sale, but that was about it really for the actual Lanos. Hope this helps at least a little
Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:49 AM
You might consider looking for bolt-ons for smaller non-GM enignes (depending on what your doing, or wanting to do.)

It was hard to find stuff for Saturn 1.9s, but a lot of stuff for Geo, Suzuki, Yamaha, etc. worked for some folks. Turbo, NOS, S/Cs, and other adaptables might be useful. I've been lucky enough to have access to equipment and family working in machine shops, garages, etc. that could make the necessary changes.

Just get creative, look through ebay for parts based on what you want and/or engine size.
Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:05 PM
swap in a 2.2

Vice President - NEJBody
2007 Cobalt SS
2001 Sunfire (retired)
Monday, May 01, 2006 6:34 PM
pjk91 wrote:swap in a 2.2

Hard to argue with that solution. It actually may be more cost effective, depending on how far you were wanting to go (and then you still have options beyond.)
Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:40 PM
Custom turbo?

You might check out this forum, http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

Seems like several people have turbo'd there Daewoo's.
here is some info on that: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2982

Maybe a header, yes they exist.

Nitrous might be a good solution.

Just depends how far you want to go

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search