Anyone ever hear of JBO - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Anyone ever hear of JBO
Tuesday, February 10, 2004 6:38 PM
is it just me or is this a JBO ripoff... with transferred profiles... try this site on for size:
www.clubcav.com <br>

www.TeamSophisticated.com

Re: Anyone ever hear of JBO
Tuesday, February 10, 2004 11:32 PM
LOL you have much to learn my son.

Wednesday, February 11, 2004 6:41 AM
actually i know a lot about database administration. but now i realize that by copying everyones profiles to this site without informing them, is violating JBO's privacy terms. I think someone is going to get sued over this <br>

www.TeamSophisticated.com
Wednesday, February 11, 2004 6:55 AM
What makes you think the information was copied? I believe it may actually be drawn from the same database.

These are sister sites and run by the same organization. You're more than welcome to delete your account if you don't like the way it is run. <br>

Wednesday, February 11, 2004 8:09 AM
wow this guy doesn't have a clue.
The fact that JBO came first should hint that it can't be a rip off of this site. Wow.

<br>

I am here to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and I am all out of gum.
Wednesday, February 11, 2004 11:24 AM
Hmmmm, Jbo has been here for along time and probably will be for longer! LONG LIVE JBO!!!!!!! Hey weasel! <br>

~JBO Member since 99
Wednesday, February 11, 2004 12:18 PM
Hey OPSE.

This place is somewhat quiet but it'll pick up... <br>

Thursday, February 12, 2004 10:59 AM
Hey all.

Just thought i'd say hello.
But i got something more important.

Dave:

JBo's agreement.:

You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised

i didn't agreement to have my name linked to another site.

So maybe make a new database. Because this is an

act of violation of privacy

Have a good day. I quit JBO 9 months ago, and dont want part of ecotecpower.com as of now due to other interests and i dont have use for ecotec related info.
Thursday, February 12, 2004 7:39 PM
none na , that mean you want to be deleted ????

it can be aranged

<br>

Friday, February 13, 2004 6:56 AM
None Na, JBO and EcotecPower are very similar to being one in the same. No one sold your information to a 3rd party. If you don't want to be here then don't come back and have a nice day. <br>

"sex sould be like a civic... obnoxiously slow and loud enough to wake the neighbors at 3 am!"
~JBO class of 99
~97 Sunfire SE (2.4)
~02 Sunfire GT (2.2)
Saturday, February 14, 2004 3:30 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Saturday, February 14, 2004 3:30 PM
Can you say newbie.
Saturday, February 14, 2004 5:52 PM
Abe G and Robert Longo, your both more then welcome to not be a part of JBO and ETP and the rest of GME, simply delete all the information from your profile and dont log on anymore, your accounts will be deleted when time comes. You can go play with each others balls on ClubCav(AKA Club Not JBO haters) We dont need you here, what you are you gonna sue with? or for what? You have no base for any type of lawsuit, civil or criminal, Get a life, if you dont like the jbo for whatever reason, go on with your life no one is forcing you to be a part of it at all.

Saturday, February 14, 2004 7:35 PM
im talkin about your little boyfriend from clubcavy
"actually i know a lot about database administration. but now i realize that by copying everyones profiles to this site without informing them, is violating JBO's privacy terms. I think someone is going to get sued over this "

Saturday, February 14, 2004 8:27 PM
I don't know how to explain it so these morons understand it. Dave tried and they obviously didn't read or understand it. English might a problem here, or maybe comprehension. I'm not sure. But what part of "the same database" is so difficult to get? here is ONLY ONE DATABASE. THERE IS ONLY ONE REGISTRY. NOTHING WAS COPIED, MOVED, TRANSFERRED, SOLD OR INFRINGED.

IF you choose not to be listed in the public registry on other sites, that soon will be your option. As previously stated by Dave (again we get back to the complainer's ability to read) listing in other GME member registries will be done on an opt-in basis. By default you will not be listed in any of them and you will be able to choose which ones you are listed in. Since that feature isn't done yet, you'll just have to grin and bear it while it's being worked on.

If you are REALLY that dissatisfied with what is going on here you have the simple option that's been laid out for you by many other people here and on JBO. LEAVE. Your opinion is not needed or welcome here if it's really that bad. Your assertions of privacy violations are ridiculous because no information ever changed hands. The threats of "certain people on other forums" to invade/hack the JBO/GME database is especially interesting.

Again, if you don't like it here (GME) then just leave. Go back to your disorganized and misinformed clubcav and stay there. Anyone that brings this up again on JBO won't be coming back, because it's been discussed over and over again and it's been explained to you in plain english and you have decided to hang around and @!#$ for no other reason than you want to stir up trouble. I (and all the other moderstors) are tired of babysitting you and your illiterate friends, so I will gladly permanently ban any one of you that wants it. That will be the easiest way to get rid of your "privacy invaded registry" I guess.

thankyoudrivethru.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search