Ecotec NHRA, NDRA, and NOPI happenings? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec NHRA, NDRA, and NOPI happenings?
Thursday, November 18, 2004 6:02 PM
Well, Nothing is being posted, so I figured I'd ask/talk about what is happening with our engines professionally. These Eco's got true potential.
With Ladwig setting a crazy 7 second et., Lisa and Nelson fighting neck and neck, Garrett's new Sunfire, and Matt Hartford changing to the Cadilac V6 TT I figured you guys would bring something like this up. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong forums. This site just seems dead. C'mon Eco owners. I've got a lot of faith in this engine. Any feedback??
Travis
Ecofire55

Re: Ecotec NHRA, NDRA, and NOPI happenings?
Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:32 AM
This post is a little old but I want to say something about. I have been following the ecotec racing project from the beginning since the first driver of the cavalier was Stephanie Reaves when she made a few passes in the 9ths and also in the 8th. Then, during the 2002 season (end of the year), Nelson Hoyos (Chevy Cavalier) was on almost every final round, loosing but giving the competition. Matt Hartford had his cavalier powered by an eco too but with rear wheel drive and 6 cyl’s competitors. He does a great job too winning some races. On 2003 Nelson and Marty Ladwig (Pontiac Sunfire) won their respective class championships giving the ecotec the respect it deserves. On 2004 there was a big battle between Nelson and Lisa Kubo with her Saturn Ion. Nelson Hoyos won the NHRA championship over Lisa but Lisa won the NOPI Nationals championship for her. All three ecotecs were smashing the records on almost any events they ran and all over the season. It was very nice watching those Cars, Engines and Drivers getting apart from the competition in power, reliability, ET and Speed. Really, there was no competition for the ecotecs on their respective classes on 2004. Let see what happens in 2005 season. I heard the Cobalt body will replace the cavalier body. Go EcoTecs. BTW, they will come to Puerto Rico on january 29,30 and I’ll be there.

A little info.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=171272&FS=Other+series
Re: Ecotec NHRA, NDRA, and NOPI happenings?
Monday, January 24, 2005 2:03 AM
I hope they have another ION drag car next year, Saturn Motorsports canned the Kubos.

With a season like the one she had I see no reason to kill the team, unless APC backed out of sponsorship or something.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search