performance chip? - Tuning Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
performance chip?
Monday, October 16, 2006 5:25 PM
ok so i tried the quick search to find out about these so called "performance chips" because i didnt wanna repost sum1 elses old topic but i didnt find anything so. here it is do those chips actually do anything for performance. throttle response any of that @!#$ like it says supposed to i found 2 these are the ones i saw i just wanted to know if these things were bs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-FOR-PONTIAC-SUNFIRE-20HP_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33553QQihZ001QQitemZ110044721576QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Bonneville-Sunfire-Vibe-Lemans-Performance-Chip_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33597QQihZ010QQitemZ200036309914QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQtcZphoto< br />
sorry if this has been asked already

Re: performance chip?
Monday, October 16, 2006 7:07 PM
kinda looks like bs. the first one looks like a type of resistor that you just add on. As for the second one with the dyno sheet, IMO if you add anything to a ford @!#$us it will improve its extra crappy performance.
Friday, October 20, 2006 3:22 PM
You can't chip the J-body OBDII computer. Won't work.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:13 AM
Is there any performance chip for a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire for spark timing and advanced fuel curves
Sunday, October 22, 2006 3:04 PM
Jordan Soto wrote:Is there any performance chip for a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire for spark timing and advanced fuel curves

No. You can't chip the 3rd gen PCM OBDII computer.

If you want to successfully change your fuel curve and spark timing, you can do this with HP Tuners (www.hptuners.com).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search