Torsion Bar....nope its Independint - Suspension Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Torsion Bar....nope its Independint
Thursday, September 27, 2007 7:51 PM
Ok well here is my thoughts on a torsion bar....well it goes from one side of the car over to the other...and connects both wheels together...what is to like about it? does no one know about independent rear...and how important the suspension is...if you want an Ecotec......bottom line....get your self a Grand Am or Alero...maybe a LS200...or a Saab...ditch the torsion bar go Independent...when you step on the gas...the motor pushes back on the car...if you have 2 wheels riding on a solid axle it makes it so easy to push down on it....did you ever try to compress a shock? All the power to raise the front of the car and push the back down has to come from some spot...I would guess...now its just a guess...but ima’ say the power comes from the motor....I think I learn'd it in science class...remember the dyno does not show suspension loss....

167,000 on an Ecotec since 02

Re: Torsion Bar....nope its Independint
Sunday, September 30, 2007 9:54 AM
stock grand am and a stock ION what maybe 2.5 lengths by the end of 3rd gear...that torsion bar is the only difference and he lighter so tell me it doesnt matter.....Independent we gon' stand on our own and prove to the whole world why we heir to the throne....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search