no cat no cel - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no cat no cel
Monday, January 03, 2005 6:45 PM
ok heres rhe deal after my cat getting clogged the dealership said they wouldnt replace it so today i cut it out and made a test pipe all the sensors are still in place but i figured the check engine light would come on but i am happy it didnt just thought id share the info with you tthat is all <br>

its a cavalier i should get 2 cars and the hit

Re: no cat no cel
Monday, January 03, 2005 6:59 PM
good luck come emmissions test time...
Monday, January 03, 2005 9:20 PM
all they do here is hook it up to the computer and check for codes but no codes are coming up
<br>

Monday, January 03, 2005 9:49 PM
why wouldnt the dealerreplace it ???

also the light will come on give it time to run its test for it

<br>

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:34 AM
cause they say my exhaust caused it to get clogged

<br>

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 8:45 PM
Might be sensor problems. If the cars runnin too rich, or not burning all the mix, it goes down the cat and sticks there. Also, according to OBDII codes, if O2 sensor near the cat doesn't get the proper range, it'll start freakin out. Changing the flow of the cat (i.e., NO cat) means the temp won't be quite right, at least not what the ECUs expecting. Might set off the MIL light. Probly' no big deal, but wouldn't be surprised. <br>

"The absolute MOST IMPORTANT PART of a car is located between the driver's ears."
- Anonymous
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 8:59 PM
try a different dealer if you havent replaced it already

<br>

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 1:01 PM
i had to cut it off the car wasnt driveable <br>

Wednesday, January 12, 2005 8:03 AM
I have an 03 sunfire and I want to eliminate the cat. I have tried to get an answer on this in the jbo site and nobody can answer me about it. please let me know if anything goes wrong with the cat out. I'll bet that the car sounds good now!
Thanks
Wednesday, January 12, 2005 1:14 PM
well new info the cel light came but oh well i need to see if there is an 02 simulator for my car to get rid of the cel <br>

Thursday, January 13, 2005 5:59 AM
Cheesecake if you find an o2 sim please let me know! I can tell you that casper electronics does not have anything and rk sport advertised it however when I contacted them they told me it would not work with the ecotec. Hope you find something.

Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:16 PM
Quote:

I have o2 sims for the 2k+ that work. Jason (blue j) has been running one of mine for 9 months on his eco w/o any signs of a code.

Price is $21 shipped. I

t is a inline splice into your stock o2 sensor wiring. Also requiers you to have your o2 sensor installed in the exhaust..
And works great with a high flow or NO cat at all.
99 Cavy RS 2.2L 5 speed -- destroyed by a gm design flaw---9-3-03....
60' of 2.212-Yes traction issues- z rated tires-17" kumho's 235-40-17
15.425@88.26
best speed on a 15.528@90.18mph- spun all the way thru 1st gear and half way thru 2nd
Quote:

This was posted in the main jbo website finally some help
Friday, January 14, 2005 6:34 AM
IF YOU USE A 02 ELIMINATOR WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SENSOR IN THE EXHAUST AND NOT JUST STRAIGHT PIPE OR PLUG THE HOLE?
Monday, January 17, 2005 1:31 AM
MICHAEL MARTINSON wrote:IF YOU USE A 02 ELIMINATOR WHY WOULD YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SENSOR IN THE EXHAUST AND NOT JUST STRAIGHT PIPE OR PLUG THE HOLE?

cause some eliiminators are pit in line with the sensor it doesnt replace anything it just changes things iff u dont understand its my fault for posting when im tired ill explain in the morning <br>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005 8:27 AM
highrevmotorsports.com

02 elm <br>

2004 Grand Am
Dynomax Exhaust
Custom Intake

www.geocities.com/irocit_2000
Friday, January 21, 2005 12:38 AM
good news i might have gotten a sim that works updates later ill see if it works
<br>

Monday, January 24, 2005 1:04 PM
Did you get the sim yet?
Hope it works out please let me know
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 5:07 AM
HEY GUYS I JUST PUT THE RKSPORT/MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXHAUST ON MY '04 CAV AND CUT OUT THE CONVERTOR, BUT LET ROOM FOR THE O2 SENSOR AND I HAVEN'T GOTTEN A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT YET EITHER. I ALREADY ORDERED MY O2 SIMULATOR FROM RK THOUGH JUST IN CASE. THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT.
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 5:23 PM
ok i tried the rk sport sim it didnt work so im off to try new fun and exciting things
or a new o2 sim im going to make one from scratch yess great fun <br>

Thursday, January 27, 2005 6:06 AM
Oopps! That's who I ordered my sim through. Guess I will playing the same game. LT1XLR8 you cut a quote that said someone had used a splice in sim. How can I get hold of one of those?
Friday, January 28, 2005 6:32 AM
swtcav99@aol.com
His name is Don.
He says he has something that works. If you get it let me know you guys are in need of this more than I am so drop him a line and see if he will help you out.

Friday, January 28, 2005 8:34 AM
Thanks I sent him an e-mail and will let you know what I find out as soon as I can.
Tuesday, February 01, 2005 11:50 PM
ok i will have new updates on the sim in about a week or 2 im sick right now damn cold
but ill update everyone as soon as i can <br>

Friday, February 04, 2005 10:16 AM
ok i know cheescake said the rk sport 02 sim wouldn't work but i had already ordered it and wasn't about to waste my time sending it back........so i put it on the car. i have to drive about 120 miles this evening so that should be a good test for. i will let you know what happens this evening.
Friday, February 04, 2005 5:51 PM
LT1XLR8 i haven't heard back from that don guy. i told him i wanted the sim and asked what i needed to do to get it but he never e-mail me back. guess i will try again. anyhow i didn't make it 30 miles and the light came back on...so it's back to the drawing board.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search