CAI Question - I can't understand! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CAI Question - I can't understand!
Friday, December 08, 2006 9:38 PM
Hey guys,

I recently installed a Weapon R Dragon Ram Air intake on my 03' Cavalier LS (5 SPD, 2.2 ECOTEC) ...and the thing is QUIET! I can't even hear a noise difference, yet I've head a loud, throaty sound on every other car that had a CAI. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Shouldn't it be a LITTLE bit louder, anyway? Let me know what would cause this thing to be so...well...girlie. ;P

- Christine (Yes, a HOT female Cavy tuner!)

Re: CAI Question - I can't understand!
Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:36 PM
I experienced the same thing on my Sunfire with the SAME intake. It doesn't get louder till you step on it (basically, climb the RPMs). This is normal.

What other cars did you have?

and welcome to the forum.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 09, 2006 10:50 PM
Yea, the intake on my car makes a helluva lot of noise all the time. It's a 3" aluminum pipe with a K&N cone filter. Sounds sweet. What exactly is the intake piping made out of? Metal or plasic? What type of filter on it?

Saturday, December 09, 2006 11:31 PM
LD9Fury wrote:Yea, the intake on my car makes a helluva lot of noise all the time. It's a 3" aluminum pipe with a K&N cone filter. Sounds sweet. What exactly is the intake piping made out of? Metal or plasic? What type of filter on it?

It's the weapon r intake. It's alluminum and uses an foam style filter.

Monday, December 18, 2006 11:09 AM
thats just weird. i have a custom intake with 2.5" piping and a k&n and its loud all the time.

try switching out the filter. the weapon r filter is kinda screwy

Monday, December 18, 2006 2:13 PM
Maybe it depends on peoples perseption of "loud".

Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:05 AM
its the piping. and noise doesnt make horsepower but if you like noise get a 62mm throttle body and it will change the sound

Friday, December 22, 2006 6:31 AM
Personally I've had the best performance luck with the AEM CAI, I had the Weapon R and it really sucked (not in the good way, lol). The only downside to the AEM is that it takes some patience to put in since it sits inside your wheel-well, and the K&N filter on it makes it all worthwhile, I even saw better mileage. And that's my cheesy product push for the day!
Friday, December 22, 2006 6:32 PM
If you decide to stick with the Weapon R watch your hood clearance, from what I've seen they have a tendency to rub the hood on the 03+ Cavi's.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:15 PM
i got the vibrant intake on my 02 sunfire and it does rub a little bit on my hood like the padding underneath its left rub marks on the intakes but i dont think its a huuge problem it doesnt like dent it or anything is this a problem?
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 4:40 PM
Adam barberio wrote:i got the vibrant intake on my 02 sunfire and it does rub a little bit on my hood like the padding underneath its left rub marks on the intakes but i dont think its a huuge problem it doesnt like dent it or anything is this a problem?

I know what you're talking about it and it won't cause any type of problems other than that little mark. You're fine.

Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:38 PM
yea it actually put a whole on the pad from wear i guess but it hasnt gotten bigger. and thanks for the reply
Monday, February 05, 2007 2:01 PM
Adam barberio wrote:yea it actually put a whole on the pad from wear i guess but it hasnt gotten bigger. and thanks for the reply

No problem.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:08 PM
I personally wouldn't worry about how loud the intake is. I have the K&N Typhoon kit and like you said, it only gets noisy when ya really step on the gas. And it's probably not a cold air intake. Probably only a short ram.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:41 PM
AEM def the best on fit no problem, gas miles up ,looks clean, power up best move i made yet on my 04 ecotec.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search