Pacesetter Headers any good ?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pacesetter Headers any good ??
Monday, August 30, 2004 9:08 PM
I was looking at the Pacesetter Ecotec Ceramic Coated Header and I was wondering if anyone has 1 and if its any good ???

Does it rust any comments or feedback ?

How much does it cost in the US so I can figure how much it cost in Canada

Re: Pacesetter Headers any good ??
Friday, September 03, 2004 3:49 PM
its a pretty good product , we have had any realy problems with it

most have all been installer related

the armor (metalic ceramic) is the best way to go , the coating will help keep it from rusting , but eventually it will rust

but the uncoated will rust very quickly

so far alot of the people i know with our header have been very happy

<br>

Sunday, September 05, 2004 5:34 PM
yep yep, i've heard nothing but good things about pacesetter <br>

AZ J-BODY

biker cops can be such d!cks at times

Tuesday, September 14, 2004 12:59 AM
been runing the regular pacecetter for about 3 months now and its still runnin strong no leaks!
Saturday, September 18, 2004 6:59 PM
Any clues on gains that a header would provide, and then when further complemented with a CAI and full headerback exhaust?
Saturday, September 18, 2004 7:00 PM
^^^ WIth 2.25 piping
Sunday, September 19, 2004 5:22 AM
With all that, I'd guess about 15 whp gain over stock..
<br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 2:36 AM
yea, i'd say somwhere around 15-20 whp gain with those mods <br>

Tuesday, September 21, 2004 4:11 PM
I was also looking at the Pacesetter Header, but my buddy has Pacesetter exhaust and hes had nothing but problems with it. Rusts easily, causing the tip to break off twice. But i don't know, he's the only person with Pacesetter that I know so I don't have anyone to compare his problems with.
Friday, October 01, 2004 1:45 PM
pacesetter is not good....
Sunday, October 03, 2004 11:34 PM
I have the cermaic coated 4-1 header for my eco and i love it! So much high end power it is sweet. No leaks and no problems with the header. Loose low end torque but after 3k its a nice @!#$ pull. <br>

02 LS Sport - Indigo Blue Metallic

Monday, October 04, 2004 10:09 AM
Quote:

pacesetter is not good....

im so sick and tired of people just saying oh this company sucks their products are no good. not trying to discredit u but if u are gonna bad mouth a company at least back it up with some kind of reasoning.

but imo pacesetter headers are of very good quality. but they must be INSTALLED CORRECTLY. had one on my 2200 and had some problems at first, looked over it again, realized we didnt put in on correctly and never had any more problems. i just order one last nite for the eco from summit.

REDD
Sunday, October 24, 2004 3:34 PM
where can i get pacesseter header or any cuz everyone i talk to their like "o no one makes anything for an 04 cavalier im sorry about that" dude i have a headache over this S***
Monday, October 25, 2004 3:14 AM
There's lots of stuff available for an 04 Cavalier..
<br>

2004 Sunfire, 5 speed, billet aluminum short shifter
AEM CAI, experimental cams
FRD 68 Anthracite 17",215/45/17Y Ventus K104
Progress Springs, KYB AGX
Hawk HP/slotted rotors
148.8hp@5300, 155lb-ft@3800(@ the wheels)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004 2:22 AM
ya... some shops around here keep telling me that I can't get a few different things for my cavalier, I just laugh at them, come on here, do a little research, then find out where exactly it can be bought and then show them how stupid they look. <br>

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Tuesday, November 09, 2004 6:14 AM
Glad this topic came back up. It reminded me, is there any news on the pace setter headers for the ION?
Tuesday, November 09, 2004 11:17 AM
the ion would use the same as the cavalier would'nt it?...not trying too bee off topic but does anyone know if pacesetter makes a cat-back for the 03-05 cavalier eco's?
Tuesday, November 09, 2004 12:59 PM
ya pacesetter makes an 03-05 eco catback, not sure exactly on the part number at the moment, but I'm sure 97cavie24ls (jdm sedan) will know for sure since he works there. But I do know its out there <br>

Tuesday, November 09, 2004 5:55 PM
allright ...well i dont know about the header yet but my brother was going to buy one for his 03 ecotec and the guy at the speed shop said there was welding involved and that he should just wait for the DC header to come out..any truth in that or were they just trying to make more money?i would'nt be suprise if that was the case
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 11:01 AM
No the Cavi and the Ion have different clearances for the header. I wish they fit because I would be gettin one asap.
Wednesday, November 10, 2004 12:39 PM
well the thing with our header on our cars is the cat is welded to the header. So you either need to buy a high flow cat to bolt inbetween there or weld the old cat onto the header. Other than that from what I hear its pretty easy install, especially if you have access to the welder & dont have to pay some idiot in a shop to do it for ya <br>

Wednesday, January 05, 2005 6:51 AM
DO YOU ALL KNOW WHERE YOU ARE NOTICING THE MOST HP GAIN AT WHAT RPM? I DECIDED TO GO WITH THE RK 4.2.1 HEADER SINCE IT WAS FOR MORE MID RANGE TORQUE AND EVERYDAY DRIVERS. I LOVE THIS THING.
Thursday, January 06, 2005 5:15 AM
They are not that great. They got the least hp gain. To prove that go to www.i-performance. And it was only about 2hp, and with the cat back exhaust from pacesetter. They didn't even mention it. Not good. The Second best was RK sport. The total wheel hp combines would be in the 13hp range. And thats peak hp not constant hp. I hope nobody get pissed off about this info. Just go check it out yourself.
Thursday, January 06, 2005 5:18 AM
Just to know. Federal law states that a manufacture must supply a cat and downpipe with any header. It has to do with emmission laws. Just learned that myself too.
Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:43 AM
Dude, where is that law? If I could prove it, anyone wanna take a trip to try and get some free setups? <br>

"The absolute MOST IMPORTANT PART of a car is located between the driver's ears."
- Anonymous
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search