Pacesetter Headers any good ?? - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pacesetter Headers any good ??
Thursday, January 06, 2005 3:30 PM
wayne,

i see that u r new so i wont be to harsh on u. just because something is on the net doesnt mean its true. the owner of that site, bill, is not exactly the best business owner. if u were trying to sell a product u would be sure to say that u r better than the competiont rite? escpecially on your own site so that discredits that rite there. head over to jbo and see what people think of him over there. oh and u MOST LIKELY wont gain 13 whp from a header exhauat combo.

Thursday, January 06, 2005 7:10 PM
T B,

I understand what you mean about making their products sound better. But, if that were the case then every company would have a fake dyno chart to show people. They don't. Pacesetter has always been the cheapest(sorry known fact). And RKsport never actually claims that their products are the best either. And if they are lying like you say they are you can get them on false advertising, so good luck. And another thing. Just because you are new to a forum. DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE NEW TO CARS, CAVALIERS, AND RACING. And don't be like some people and respond with something dumb.

My quote about Pacesetter products
Another mans junk is another mans treasure.(P.O.S.)
Thursday, January 06, 2005 8:01 PM
I dont know how good they are yet but just got in today and im putting it on tommorow
night and ill write back and let you know what i think. <br>

Thursday, January 06, 2005 10:03 PM
Quote:

T B,

I understand what you mean about making their products sound better. But, if that were the case then every company would have a fake dyno chart to show people. They don't. Pacesetter has always been the cheapest(sorry known fact). And RKsport never actually claims that their products are the best either. And if they are lying like you say they are you can get them on false advertising, so good luck. And another thing. Just because you are new to a forum. DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE NEW TO CARS, CAVALIERS, AND RACING. And don't be like some people and respond with something dumb.

My quote about Pacesetter products
Another mans junk is another mans treasure.(P.O.S.)

i think u may have misundertood what i meant. i did not mean they were lying, just that i peronally would not trust their dyno numbers simply because they are trying to sell their products not anyone elses. now if a third party compared the headers than that would be a different story. ive had 2 different pacesetter headers and both have treated me fine, just minor problems. i guess i like junk!!!

wasnt trying to be rude or harsh with the new comment. calm yourself man, fighting over the internet is retarded.
Friday, January 07, 2005 11:31 AM
Compu Freek wrote:Glad this topic came back up. It reminded me, is there any news on the pace setter headers for the ION?

actually someone tried our cavalier header on the ION and it fit with no problems

just get a heat sleeve to cover the brake line thats close to the header , also bend it to gain a little more clearence

wayne killinger wrote:Just to know. Federal law states that a manufacture must supply a cat and downpipe with any header. It has to do with emmission laws. Just learned that myself too.

thats rather ODD because we sent CARB our 2.2 eco header , and they installed it and approved it , and it does not come with a cat

as far as bill goes , he doesnt even make the products , stans headers makes them

id belive what bills say as far as i can throw him

<br>

Friday, January 07, 2005 5:22 PM
rksport headers come with the free flow cat. I wonder why?
Friday, January 07, 2005 8:43 PM
i dont not see where a cat comes with there headers ???

http://rksport.com/product/p_020910025/view_detail

<br>

Sunday, January 09, 2005 7:43 AM
i just got mine on the other night and i like mine. slightly noticable difference in power.
install wasnt hard but wasnt easy either. you do have to weld some though. they send you a clamp to clamp the pipe extention on to your factory pipe (would still recomend welding it on instead) but watch out the pipe opening is 2 1/4 inch and the pipe clamp they sent me was only 1 3/4 for some odd reason. <br>

Sunday, January 09, 2005 7:44 AM
oh yeah you will need a flex pipe unless you have all motor and tranny mounts. <br>

Sunday, January 09, 2005 3:41 PM
If you read the discription for RKsport headers it says cat included. And by the way cavy2fast4u I have never lost to another cavalier. So hope to see you around. Not trying to insult just friendly comp.
Monday, January 10, 2005 5:18 AM
well we need to meet one track day then. where you located? alabama here. oh yeah hate to get off subject though. sorry <br>

Monday, January 10, 2005 6:48 AM
i put mine on without flex pipe just welded and haven't had any problems. i never saw it say anything about including convertor!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search