Headlights - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlights
Monday, November 28, 2005 10:25 PM
Lookin for some new headlight bulbs, want to get rid of the yellow lights. Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between like the 8500k and 6500k and all the other ones, are some brighter or whiter than others? Thats the kind of info im lookin for. Thanks.

Re: Headlights
Tuesday, November 29, 2005 10:20 AM
The higher the Kelvin rating is, the more blue/purple it will get.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 8:23 AM
Try some Slyvania Silverstars. They are bright white, look 100x better than stock and help out a lot at night too.
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:10 PM
thanks for the info guys, i was lookin at some silverstars today and i think i might go with those.
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 2:30 PM
i had the 8500k bulbs, the look great and have a lifetime warranty but terrible for night driving. Here is a section from a HID Kits website explaining the differences between the Kelvin rating(light output)

3000K has an approximately 3200lm output (yellowish)
5000K has an approximately 3200lm output
6000K has an approximately 2800lm output
8000K has an approximately 2550lm output

Please note: most customers have a common misconception that the higher the K (Kelvin temperature) the brighter it gets, but in fact, it is the opposite. The K rating is inversely proportional to the light output, therefore the lower the K the brighter the light output.
Friday, December 09, 2005 9:57 PM
so a 4500k bulb would be a white look and very good for night driving?
Monday, May 23, 2011 6:37 PM
the numbers refer the to color of the headlight bulbs, lower is brighter, higher isn't quite as bright, the higher the number the more blue the light gets, and really high is into the purples. 5k is WHITE.
Friday, June 03, 2011 5:47 AM
Iv got 12000k hid and let me tell you its bright at night..I get flashed at night for it so I'm changing it, but I heard it illegal to run HID? I think if it doesn't come like that from the factory its a no go...its what I was told from a aftermarket dealer in my town...correct me if I'm wrong?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search