ecotec in a rear drive landspeed racer - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
ecotec in a rear drive landspeed racer
Tuesday, January 04, 2005 4:47 AM
i have an ecotec with 2000 miles on it,i'm thinking about putting it in my landspeed racer.i need info on a bell housing,flywheel for a rear drive application. i also have an automatic tranny on this engine,if anybody needs one cheap.. this racer is a 57 fiat 600 thats chopped,streched and lowered. we race at b-ville and at maxton nc .maxton has a 2 mile course,1 mile to race,1 mile to stop.any and all cars can race.we race there on the last weekend of the month march - oct. bring your cars up and see how fast they go in a mile!

Re: ecotec in a rear drive landspeed racer
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 7:15 PM
see you guys.......i'm outta here
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 2:02 PM
? <br>

Monday, January 31, 2005 4:17 PM
So-Cal speedshop in California has mated a TH400 to the Ecotec motor in their Bonneville racer (do a search on So-Cal and Ecotec, you should get their site).

They made an adapter, but it was a one off, as explained to me when I called them.

Call them and ask about it. Maybe if enough people call, someone will make an off the shelf adapter (TCI, B&M, etc.).

If you are planning to run an automatic, I would recommend the TH350 instead of the Powerglide. You get a lower first gear (2:48) and an extra gear. Suspect you would need to be making more than 300 HP for things to work reasonably well (depending on the weight of your car), size and stall of the converter, etc.

If you want to run a standard trans, like a Liberty 5 speed, etc., then try to find out where the Summit guys got the stuff for their Ecotec motored RWD drag cars (it would be expensive though).

If GM really wants people to use the Ecotec motor, then there needs to be some serious transmission pieces available (for front wheel drive cars), and a transmission adapter/bellhousing of some sort available for automatic and stick applications in a RWD car.

Regards, have fun.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 11:05 AM
Randy,

We are building a RWD car for Bonneville using the Ecotec motor and a Lenco. The bellhousings are not available from anywhere I have been able to find, so we are making our own. DC Waterjet in Las Vegas is making an adapter plate that would probably work for your application. You can reach Duane Cole at 702 456 9007. He is also making front covers. We're having a flywheel made by McLeod for a custom clutch setup.

See ya on the salt!

Jim
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 1:19 PM
Mantapart build a bellhousing for GM manual transmission($450). Your other option is an engine plate, check SW in PA, they are making the engine plates for Nelson Hoyos.
Friday, August 26, 2005 9:18 PM
advanced adapters!!!!!
Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:28 AM
got one for the same thing from kennedy adapters in cali

BOW TIES FOREVER
Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:46 PM
try r&t Machine in San Jacinto ,They Are Great to work with and the price is good
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search