governor on car - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
governor on car
Monday, January 16, 2006 5:40 PM
How do you get rid of governor on car i am building strip car so need to go faster then 108.

Re: governor on car
Monday, January 23, 2006 1:46 PM
Your never gonna exceed 108 in a 1/4 mile without serious mods. That being said why do you think your gonna run faster then this at the track ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:11 PM
i am running turbo and yes will be running faster then 108 but this not going to be driven on the street that often only running at track. so please some respond to getting rid on the govenor.
Monday, January 30, 2006 3:26 PM
Prove your going over 108MPH in the quarter and I'll tell you.

But if your building a track only car you should have enough knowledge to remove the limiter.

So until you can prove yourself I'm going to label this as a pathetic attempt to fool people with a lame story.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Thursday, February 02, 2006 6:57 AM
if you are in fact building a strip car, you'd realize that you'll also want a complete engine managament system.

So the speed limiter is not even a consideration.

BTW there is a barely $5.00 way to get around this. As Hypsy said, if your building a strip car you shouldn't need to ask this question.

Also look at Hypsy's time. 12.8 @ 108.24.

No point in removing it or messing with it till you have to.

-Chris

Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:47 PM
listen i talk to hahnracecraft and they said just unplug the limiter but i dont want to do that and since i am going to use the port fueler system that kinda rules out the stand alone i just need to know who can reflash my computer to get rid of the rev limiter and the speed limiter because i am going to have a msd unit keeping the revs under control and innovate wideband so this is how i am tuning my car i am going to be running 22 psi or possibly more so please dont judge me and i am not street racing i just ask a simple question and would like a little help on who can reflash my ecu thanks.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 2:10 PM
you guys act like its top secret information or something. if he wants to go faster than 108, all he really needs is the tires to make it 'legal'

if hes dumb enough to do excessive speeds on the street without conditions that would allow it to go off without a hitch or around traffic or w/e, then hel do it one way or another. you guys are just delaying the inevitable.
Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:44 PM
the only problem with eliminating the rev limiter that i have come across so far, even if you have msd or anything that helps you know what rev you are at, you have no way of detecting any misfires, especially just slight ones, which leads to detonation. the possibly new motor
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search